IGNORED

Why do we have fans like this?

JasonM88

There's a big difference in putting your opinion and Twitter, and REPLYING to Tammy Abraham's post with your opinion, and it's one that a lot of people just don't seem to understand.

Tammy Abraham deserves the opportunity to test himself at a higher level, and quite frankly if a player chose regular Championship football over regular Premier League football without a rock-solid reason they should fail their medical because they're clearly wrong in the head.

Just now, Super said:

In fairness to him he is allowed an opinion. Not that I agree with him.

Opinion or not - is it really ok for him to be a bit of a knob to a player who's done very well for us, shown nothing but respect for the club and fans and gave his all whilst on loan? Not really. 

If he'd come here, not bothered in training or matches, shown disrespect to the club and fans and was rude about us online then yes maybe it's a bit more justified. 

11 hours ago, ciderbeans said:

Haha **** me! Why are people so bloody sensitive!

get a grip. I'll stand by it, it's my opinion. If I'm wrong in your eyes people then that's your problem. 

I don't think he's fully ready for the prem and another season in the championship to ensure it wasn't just a one season wonder would do him the world of good.

i do wish him well however and if he proves me wrong, fair play on the kid. 

Whilst I can agree in one sense I also completely disagree, if he has drawn Premier League attention and got himself a deal he should be pushing himself. Football is a short career, you basically get from youth to around 35 on average, he's 19 now so proving himself at this level now will give him around 10-15 years at a high level of football. He's already proved himself at Championship level and the only way he's going to prove himself at a higher level is to play at a higher level and this move gives him the chance to do that.

10 hours ago, ciderbeans said:

C) Have you seen his instagram? He is all about the glitz and glam so I doubt I'm too far off the truth. Most footballers his age nowadays get dazzled by the thought of prem football even when they aren't ready and it becomes proven when they drop down the leagues to start all over again. Just saying.

Yes, actually. Here's his last 15 posts. 12 about football, 1 in an airport, 1 in a swimming pool and 1 in a tuxedo. Yep, all about the "glitz and glam" that boy... :blink:

Screenshot_20170703-100327.png

get a grip. I'll stand by it, it's my opinion. If I'm wrong in your eyes people then that's your problem. 

I don't think he's fully ready for the prem and another season in the championship to ensure it wasn't just a one season wonder would do him the world of good.

Another year in the Championship but with a better team than Bristol City - that's the sort of worst case development the player and his parent club would expect.

As it is he will possibly face a season of struggle with Swansea but will do so in higher class company, and coming up against class defenders week in week out will be good for him

If he doesn't cut it he will be benched and Chelsea may wish to consider their options then.

He is a Chelsea player so has no need to show loyalty to a club that he isn't contractually bound to.

I would argue that Tammy made as big an impact in a single season with us in a struggling championship team as Dele Alli made in his last two years at MK Dons at league one level.

With his goal scoring record for us, the premiership was always going to be his next step. I don't begrudge the guy any success that comes his way.

He did superbly well for us and carried the front line when at the start of the season Kodjia was going to be the main man. For a 19 year old, experiencing his first full season of regular league football, expected to shoulder most of the goal scoring duties, he did the job and then some.

He's moved on. Good luck to him.

Bloody hell, what a pathetic message to post to Tammy.  I don't use Twitter or anything else like it, but hope those of you that do can message something else to him, offering a bit more support to the guy who kept us up last season.

Dave / Ciderbeans, I know it's your opinion, but my god it's crass and embarrassing.  Why did you feel the need to post it to Tammy?

Hang your head in shame.

I hate it when people justify their opinions with the phrase 'Well I'm entitled to an opinion'. Opinions are like ars*holes, everyone has one.

And for me the tweet to Tammy has come straight out of your arse.

Frankly embarrassing and I can't get my head round it. Tammy was a credit to us and himself last season and has earned his chance in the prem. I believe he will take it and good luck to him.

12 hours ago, AppyDAZE said:

Whilst the guy was wrong to slag off Tammy.. who with their hand on heart can say that they hope he does as well at Swansea as he did here?   heeey, come on and be honest.. A little (or a big) bit of me is hoping that he rememebrrs his time here more in the long run

time for HONESTY guys, I know not easy.

Do you want him to do better at Swansea than he did here? Soul searching stuff

I hope he gets 30 goals for Swansea and finishes up as the league's top scorer. Firstly because he seems a a very decent guy and I wish him well but, far more importantly, because that would inevitably lead to various news articles about him, most of which will probably mention his time at Bristol City, and be great for our profile as a club.

30 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

I hate it when people justify their opinions with the phrase 'Well I'm entitled to an opinion'. Opinions are like ars*holes, everyone has one.

And for me the tweet to Tammy has come straight out of your arse.

Frankly embarrassing and I can't get my head round it. Tammy was a credit to us and himself last season and has earned his chance in the prem. I believe he will take it and good luck to him.

A lot of people don't seem to realise the fact they are entitled to an opinion also means that everyone else is entitled to one too. If someone posts something that makes them look like an absolute clown, everyone else has the right to tell them they are an absolute clown for posting it. 

A - because we gave him a full season with regular game time that enabled his development and success of which he should be grateful for.

B - he is going to the prem but IMO is not ready for it with only one full season under his belt and my point is it could work against him. But another season in the champ would strengthen him further.

C - have you seen his instagram? He is all about the glitz and glam so I doubt I'm too far off the truth. Most footballers his age nowadays get dazzled by the thought of prem football even when they aren't ready and it becomes proven when they drop down the leagues to start all over again. Just saying.

D - it's all my opinion of which I am entitled to

A - everything I have seen suggested he is extremely grateful for his time here. I'm a bit confused as to why you think he isn't? I suspect we are also grateful too for goals that kept us in the division. 

B - your opinion is fine. Evidently Tammy, Chelsea's coaching staff and Swansea's coaching staff all think differently. They might be right or you might be right but I am a bit puzzled as to why you are publicly assuming your assessment is more likely to be correct than various people with years of experience in professional football.

C - It isn't though, is it? His Instagam is full of pictures of him playing football and one shot of him in a Tuxedo.

D- Yes, you are. But it's a bloody stupid opinion and I cannot fathom for the life of me why you are contacting him directly with it. It's more than a little arrogant to assume your opinion is particularly important to him and I certainly bloody well hope you don't presume to be speaking on behalf of the majority of Bristol City fans as I'm pretty sure you are not. 

11 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

A lot of people don't seem to realise the fact they are entitled to an opinion also means that everyone else is entitled to one too. If someone posts something that makes them look like an absolute clown, everyone else has the right to tell them they are an absolute clown for posting it. 

Ultimately I think a lot of people don't realise the fact that despite being perfectly entitled to an opinion, it's not always appropriate for airing. Sometimes it's more appropriate to "bite your tongue", or bind your fingers I suppose would be more apt nowadays.

Unfortunately people feel empowered by, and have bastardised, the anti-PC movement into somtehing completely different whereby it's held up as a justification to forgetting basic manners and courtesy.

Ciderbeans unfortunately was just very ungracious towards a young man who came, proved himself and earned a promotion. Not really that big a deal to be fair.

Definitely not surprised by the person who made the comment with all the bullshit he comes out with. Tammy doesn't owe us anything and it's his career so let him get on with it. No need to get so caught up on it , loans come and go and that's part of football.

Personally I believe he will cut it in the Prem and Swansea is a good move for him. I wish him the best of luck in the future and it was a pleasure to watch him over the season.

13 hours ago, ciderbeans said:

C - have you seen his instagram? He is all about the glitz and glam so I doubt I'm too far off the truth. Most footballers his age nowadays get dazzled by the thought of prem football even when they aren't ready and it becomes proven when they drop down the leagues to start all over again. Just saying.

D - it's all my opinion of which I am entitled to

You talk about his Instagram and 'forgetting about Bristol City' but you couldn't be more wrong. 

The kid was almost in tears at the Birmingham game and is still liking Bristol City posts on Instagram, including one regarding his replacement. That doesn't strike me as someone who has forgotten about us. However, I can't confirm whether or not he's packing his Bristol City bedsheets to take with him to Swansea.  

(I can't believe I've resorted to posting this on here.)

IMG_3104.PNG

IMG_3105.PNG

18 hours ago, ciderbeans said:

Shame you couldn't at least have included that last sentence in your response to him, as well as all the negative crap. Just makes City fans look the ungrateful ones, not him.

20 hours ago, ciderbeans said:

Personally, I think he seemed a decent lad, gave 100% for us, but has ambition beyond where we are now.  Swansea? Good luck to him, they've got a great manager.

"Loyalty" to an employer? Nope. Not if I get a better offer. And I suspect most of us would say the same.

Firstly I felt from the early stages of last season that if Tammy maintained his early season form then there would be next to no chance of him returning to Bristol City and that the next stage in his development would be a lower to mid table prem club so I find the "loyalty to development" comment a strange one. Also if Tammy had chosen to go to a different championship club would the Tweeter still have the same opinion about "loyalty to development"? 

This comes across as less a concern about Tammy's development and more a childish dig from a bitter City fan 

On 02/07/2017 at 22:39, AppyDAZE said:

Whilst the guy was wrong to slag off Tammy.. who with their hand on heart can say that they hope he does as well at Swansea as he did here?   heeey, come on and be honest.. A little (or a big) bit of me is hoping that he rememebrrs his time here more in the long run

time for HONESTY guys, I know not easy.

Do you want him to do better at Swansea than he did here? Soul searching stuff

Yes I hope he does as well at Swansea. Nice lad, did well for us, so no reason to wish him anything but good luck. Anyone who hopes he fails is ... well, not a very pleasant person.

On 02/07/2017 at 22:47, ciderbeans said:

Why? In case people think ALL Bristol City fans are prats.

On 02/07/2017 at 16:47, ciderbeans said:

I think if you took out the word loyalty and the glitz and glam comment a lot would agree with you. He is young and probably could use another year in the championship but he was so good for a poor side you can't blame him and Chelsea wanting the prem move. 

Chelsea aren't stupid in their development of him. I know for a fact we had a very tight loan agreement with Chelsea stating exactly what they expected of him and if we didn't conform he would have been withdrawn. No doubt they will have a similar agreement with Swansea, so those saying he won't play ( when fit and available) will be wrong if the agreement is structured similarly. 

Archived