IGNORED

Lee Tomlin

City Mike

1 minute ago, Septic Peg said:

Car started. On way to Failand to pick up LT.

Colin v Tommo will end in one thing only. Scenes. Absolute scenes. Both cocky, both with attitude issues. Handbags at dawn. Just watch.

No way. Warnock is a fantastic man manager who knows how to get the best out of rough diamonds and troubled souls. The complete opposite of our Lee.

Sure, he's had his fall outs along the way because he demands 100% from his players every time they cross the white line.

I have mixed feeling on this one, yes Tomlin is a bell-end of the highest order and I never wanted us to sign him permanently in the first place for this reason. But on the other hand our biggest rival in the Championship are now going to benefit from what ultimately is our failing.

At least we've recouped most of the money we paid for him.

That's both our top goalscorers from last season now gone. And Wilbs who was 3rd or 4th top scorer now in a coaching role and will hardly play.

Just now, Kid in the Riot said:

No way. Warnock is a fantastic man manager who knows how to get the best out of rough diamonds and troubled souls. The complete opposite of our Lee.

Sure, he's had his fall outs along the way because he demands 100% from his players every time they cross the white line.

I have mixed feeling on this one, yes Tomlin is a bell-end of the highest order and I never wanted us to sign him permanently in the first place for this reason. But on the other hand our biggest rival in the Championship are now going to benefit from what ultimately is our failing.

At least we've recouped most of the money we paid for him.

That's both our top goalscorers from last season now gone. And Wilbs who was 3rd or 4th top scorer now in a coaching role and will hardly play.

You take these rumours as ' read ' then , Kid ? 

17 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

Car started. On way to Failand to pick up LT.

Colin v Tommo will end in one thing only. Scenes. Absolute scenes. Both cocky, both with attitude issues. Handbags at dawn. Just watch.

Don't think so. Warnock has experienced and managed tricky personalities many times in his career. Behind the pantomime villain facade (which is a brilliant deflection tactic btw) is a great man manager and a savvy operator. Away from the game, Warnock is a nice guy and a gentleman. Amazed fans still get taken in by his act.

I predict (if the rumour is true) Tomlin will be a huge success. Warnock isn't naive enough to think he can be the one to tame Tomlin and help shift season tickets - he will only bring him in if he knows he can get the best out of him.

Knowing how Lee Tomlin has been in the past, I wouldn't be surprised if he has seen the twitter comments and posted that to get people talking.

Whilst it would be disappointing if he left, our change in fortunes at the end of the season coincided with us dropping Tomlin in favour of Paterson.

Just now, Phileas Fogg said:

Don't think so. Warnock has experienced and managed tricky personalities many times in his career. Behind the pantomime villain facade (which is a brilliant deflection tactic btw) is a great man manager and a savvy operator. Away from the game, Warnock is a nice guy and a gentleman. Amazed fans still get taken in by his act.

I predict (if the rumour is true) Tomlin will be a huge success. Warnock isn't naive enough to think he can be the one to tame Tomlin and help shift season tickets - he will only bring him in if he knows he can get the best out of him.

Agree with you there. I know when his Mrs had cancer, he quit football and nursed her himself. It was her nagging him to get back into it that made him take up the Rotherham post.

Not many people could do what he did for his Mrs I'm sure. For that, I give him huge kudos.

3 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

Agree with you there. I know when his Mrs had cancer, he quit football and nursed her himself. It was her nagging him to get back into it that made him take up the Rotherham post.

Not many people could do what he did for his Mrs I'm sure. For that, I give him huge kudos.

He's from the Alex Ferguson mould of managers. Far too long in the tooth to clash with arrogant twentysomethings like Tomlin. He'll bring him in because he thinks he can add to the side and I bet he will.

I recommend his autobiography, I read it in one go on a long flight. He's a good man and speaks highly of us.

9 minutes ago, Milan djurichimovic said:

He didn't come on at all or didn't see him on the bench? 

That could of been down to the very wet conditions & LJ not wishing to risk him slipping to tweak his 'injury' or it could be down to the rumours currently doing the rounds that he's in Cardiff having a medical!?!

I'd love to know what the story is here.  He's good enough to play at the top of this division, and I don't buy the nonsense about him being unfit or lazy.  

It's annoying to me that we seem to continually fail to get the most out of players with real quality on the ball - it seems to me to be a longstanding problem irrespective of who the manager is.  Noble, Trundle, JET, Tomlin are all players I really enjoy watching but there's a substantial proportion of the fans who turn against them quickly when things they try don't come off and then you start to hear all the "unfit / overweight / lazy" bullshit.  I can remember the same happening now and then with Jacki and I think it's just a misunderstanding - if you want a player to create and cause panic you need them to be available in good positions when you win possession, not back on your own 18 yd box.

I'd rather watch a gifted footballer who runs 8km a game than an athletic footballer who runs 12km and I don't think that is mutually exclusive to getting good results either - you can't have a team full of them but you can definitely have one.  Why can't we make them stick?

28 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

Although it doesn't say much for his nursing skills or what he is like to have around the house all day! :) 

1 minute ago, Nibor said:

I'd love to know what the story is here.  He's good enough to play at the top of this division, and I don't buy the nonsense about him being unfit or lazy.  

It's annoying to me that we seem to continually fail to get the most out of players with real quality on the ball - it seems to me to be a longstanding problem irrespective of who the manager is.  Noble, Trundle, JET, Tomlin are all players I really enjoy watching but there's a substantial proportion of the fans who turn against them quickly when things they try don't come off and then you start to hear all the "unfit / overweight / lazy" bullshit. 

Who are the amazing managers/clubs who have got more out of Noble, Trundle and JET?

Just now, View from the Dolman said:

Who are the amazing managers/clubs who have got more out of Noble, Trundle and JET?

Bit of a self fulfilling prophecy that one though isn't it?  If there's some sort of stigma around the player here they're not likely to move upwards.

Just now, View from the Dolman said:

True. Trundle hasn't stayed anywhere for that long, plus Howe lost patience with him and sold him to us and Howe strikes me as a manager who is a pretty calm and patient guy when it comes to players. Im not at all disappointing he is gone, yes, on his day he is one of the best players in the league, but how often do we really see that? When the Sky cameras are on him? or 1 in 15 games? Even that seems generous.

7 minutes ago, Nibor said:

Bit of a self fulfilling prophecy that one though isn't it?  If there's some sort of stigma around the player here they're not likely to move upwards.

True. I have to say though that this always felt like a crowd pleasing signing in the first place. OK he did a great job whilst on loan, but even then he seemed too maverick for the way we are looking to play. I think Mark Ashton saw the crowd reaction to him especially in the last match of the season and saw a chance to sell some season tickets. I think Johnson may have got railroaded into the signing to a certain extent, but at the same time, I am sure he must have hoped he could get a real quality player that would make the difference in the final third. 
But when you look at the other signings, he is completely out of character with them and Tammy's enthusiasm and attitude, just seemed to highlight how out of step he was.

8 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

JET got a move to a similar level club I'd say. That's not exactly been a bed of roses for him.

True but QPR is a giant mess and had a huge expensive squad.  Trundle was at the end of his career after us as well but whilst he was here we seemed to either lump long balls at him or not play him.

I just think there's something about the crowd at Ashton Gate that's very impatient with players who can produce magic, unwilling to accept that the price for that is they have to have more freedom.

Archived