IGNORED

Lee Tomlin

City Mike

38 minutes ago, Dolman Block B said:

We will see

He will flourish under Warnock

You did not answer the questions raised. Football evolves and formations change and trends (defensive midfielders, wing backs - five across the midfield killing the space) means there are very few to nil Lee Tomlins flourishing anywhere, unless they have the rare ability to adapt.

Its is not a Lee Johnson thing .

8 minutes ago, Selred said:

You said the majority of fans will loose respect for LJ and MA. That's an overreaction. 

I think most will actually agree with this decision, I know this is only a forum but it looks like 85% of fans are happy with Tomlin going.

Those who have lost respect were already in the LJ out camp and just using this as another excuse to bash LJ.

Pretty much that; though I think it's more that people have accepted that Tomlin would be leaving rather than being happy about his departure.  Though that's probably just semantics.

The upside is that it's happened well before the start of the season so that we can get somebody in to replace him.

Hero to zero in many fans and our managers eyes, not the first or the last for sure. If they are not good enough for us why bring them here in the first place? and its not the managers fault...of course its not...Engvall next ?

If he'd turned us down to go to them after his excellent loan I'd have been absolutely gutted.

After seeing him steal a wage from us for much of last season, and despite his obvious talent, I am struggling to raise a 'meh'.

As i am here though, I would like to take this opportunity to say that I ******* hate Cardiff City.

13 minutes ago, bristolcitysweden said:

If it wasen't for Tammy we would have gone down. We are still a shit team and are likely to be relegated next season.

You do realise that Tammy didn't create every chance he scored from, in some cases it was as a result of a number of players passing to each other.

10 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

Ludicrous, he was bought to be a key player sure. It turned out he clearly wasn't key as we stayed up essentially without him. Theres no necessity to man manage anyone, if they're toxic or not pulling their weight then you can get rid.

Urgent message above to Steve.

Some saying that if Tomlin goes this shows Johnson is "weak". Alternative view: actually it shows quite a lot of strength of character and of his convictions. 

• He's going to stick to his style of football, in to which Tomlin (despite being skilful as hell) doesn't quite fit.
  • He's going to take the fan's backlash about this on the chin, as Tomlin is clearly high profile and engages with 
  • He's able to put the team above a star player.
  • He's confident enough in his own ability to transfer out his second most expensive signing.

If this story is true I will be very disappointed 

Tomlin is a class act. Cardiff must be pissing themselves that they are going to get the guy at a knockdown price from us. 

Colin has always been good at getting the best from players and I suspect there will be no respect issues there. 

3 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

Tomlin is a class act. Cardiff must be pissing themselves that they are going to get the guy at a knockdown price from us. 

Colin has always been good at getting the best from players and I suspect there will be no respect issues there. 

What's the knockdown price? Others are claiming it's not a knockdown price at all.

4 minutes ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

Forget the management side of things but is Johnson actually a good coach? Everone seems to have got worse under his stead.

Tammy , Brownhill and Pack certainly haven't improved but got worse under Johnson :facepalm:(hate this emoticon but that's the only relevant one I can find, apart from :grr: for most of your posts)

If they offer £2M we should take it, he's 28 and his value's going to go down, he'll go for nothing otherwise eventually. It didn't work out for whatever reason, in that situation it's best to move the player on and it means we've got  £2M to re-invest in someone more effective. Granted I'd rather he didn't go to one of our main rivals but the club's got to be businesslike rather than emotional when it comes to transfers. 

8 minutes ago, City Ben said:

Some saying that if Tomlin goes this shows Johnson is "weak". Alternative view: actually it shows quite a lot of strength of character and of his convictions. 

• He's going to stick to his style of football, in to which Tomlin (despite being skilful as hell) doesn't quite fit.
  • He's going to take the fan's backlash about this on the chin, as Tomlin is clearly high profile and engages with 
  • He's able to put the team above a star player.
  • He's confident enough in his own ability to transfer out his second most expensive signing.

This.

47 minutes ago, bristolcitysweden said:

If it wasen't for Tammy we would have gone down. We are still a shit team and are likely to be relegated next season.

Unfortunately, I agree with your view. The squad we currently have Isn't good enough to survive in this league 

16 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

Why would you be disappointed? Tomlin has been counter productive to team morale all last season, he is talented yes, but all the baggage he brings he is just not worth the hassle, he is arrogant, and doesn't buy into the team thing it would seem, that's why he is moved on out by clubs after a season or two, we are are not the first, and won't be the last, cheerio Lee, and take your awful fashion sense with you.

9 minutes ago, daored said:

Unfortunately, I agree with your view. The squad we currently have Isn't good enough to survive in this league 

Dont agree. We survived last season and will do this season. The players have been here one season in this leauge. LJ knows where to play them. We got an new Rb, fw, and Hegeler, Odowda Brownhill and many others. Think we will do midtable. Many of the other teams are not better than City. Think our squad looks good. Looking forward. Coyr!!!

1 hour ago, Cowshed said:

You did not answer the questions raised. Football evolves and formations change and trends (defensive midfielders, wing backs - five across the midfield killing the space) means there are very few to nil Lee Tomlins flourishing anywhere, unless they have the rare ability to adapt.

Its is not a Lee Johnson thing .

im not sure what a Lee Johnson thing is? Hes there to be shot at again if the season starts shit. A s i die hard i worry, hope i have to eat humble pie

2 hours ago, Red Grovesy said:

Agree. I read it really quickly. I also believe that managing Tomlin will not be too difficult (if he signs of course) as he describes in detail how he managed and got the best out of Adel Taarabt.

Also a good read about the Freddie Sears 'ghost' goal. 

2017-07-12 15.08.55.jpg

WARNOCK, you are such a ******* knobhead.. "I felt sorry for the officials"  :laugh: oh, ;like the ONLY ones who were actually in the wrong on the day. **n*

Lee Tomlin helped us to stay in the division with some majestic displays when we were in real trouble. Problem is that last season he was a passenger. He looked unfit and was not the influence he was. In fact, he was a liability.  I am sure there is a "class player" in there but he did not do it for me and plainly given the number of clubs he has had, he cannot settle and falls out with the management. Good deal to get rid. If it is true and we have sold him for 2.9 million then that is silly money. We get what we paid for him and remove a large earner from the payroll. No brainer for me and he wont improve Cardiff if he performs as he did. He simply did not deliver when it mattered and we actually played better as a result without him. A real shame. I for one say thank you Lee for what you did and good luck. 

1 hour ago, WRERE said:

Tammy , Brownhill and Pack certainly haven't improved but got worse under Johnson :facepalm:(hate this emoticon but that's the only relevant one I can find, apart from :grr: for most of your posts)

3 players in a squad of how many?Tammy is a freak and not even ours, Brownhill and Pack do me favour, couple of goals between them all year hardly pulling up trees.

Bryan, Little, Tomlin, Magners, to a certain extent Flint, Smith, Oniel, frankie, hegeler, Wright... all gone backwards. Taylor couldn't hit a barn door despite scoring for fun at rovers. Paterson clearly capable but spent most of the season on the bench, sold freeman..... dont get me started on engval. 

I'm asking the genuine queation who is thriving under johnsons leadership? 

If you don't like my posts thats fine, im as antiJohnson as you will find on here and make no excuses for the fact i think hes a poor leader, poor coach and will continue to question his ability until im convinced otherwise.

4 hours ago, Dolman Block B said:

Brilliantly put!

Personally gutted as LT is an undoubted talent and should be staying with us. 

The same "old" with the Johnson's 

Dad couldn't handle Lee Trundle

Son couldn't handle Lee Tomlin

You watch Lee Tomlin going and rip the Championship a brand new arsehole this season

I do worry about our lot at times and this definitely shows up a weakness in our current manager 

Eddie Howe couldn't manage him either

Archived