IGNORED

The official Yeovil Town FC v Bristol City FC pre-season friendly match day thread

Septic Peg

Good morning folks!

After a week of rumours, shock and gashead tantrums on here, we've finally hit Saturday and the Yeovil friendly at Huish Park, our 'strongest' opposition to date...

A return to Huish Park for many of our players and staff will be enjoyed by many and I'm sure, once again, a few City will drive down the A37 to watch. 

The squad is a mixture of kids and seniors and finally includes Mr £5m Famara Diedhiou. Let's see if he was worth all those noughts on Steve Lansdown's cheque...

Korey has also shaken off that niggly foot from the other day so expect he'll feature at some stage.

City squad: Frank Fielding, Ivan Lucic, Max O'Leary, Scott Golbourne, Taylor Moore, Eros Pisano, Aden Flint, Jens Hegeler, Joe Bryan, Zak Vyner, Opi Edwards, James Morton, Callum O'Dowda, Marlon Pack, Josh Brownhill, Korey Smith, Joe Morrell, Jonny Smith, Jamie Paterson, Bobby Reid, Diego De Girolamo, Freddie Hinds, Famara Diedhiou.

I'm saying a 1-3 win to us with Patto and our newest giant Senegal starlet getting a brace.

Will our new kit get an outing too? Yeovil play with green shorts so unless Scotty digs out the purples, we might see our new vintage red and white clobber for the first time...

Also, it'll be interesting to hear LJ's post match interview. Will Beanhead have the balls to mention Tomlin and that particular rollercoaster of a story? We shall see...

Come on you reds.

6 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

Interesting that young Opi Edwards features. First time he's ever been involved with first team. Once again dissapointed to not see Dowling part of it all. 

Yeah was really impressed with young Edwards on Wednesday night for the 25 or so minutes he was on. Dowling has really bulked up since the last time I saw him and didn't have the best of games against Torquay. Judging by pre season selections it appears that Joe Morrell has moved back above him in the pecking order.

3 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

Edwards is a winger/wingback. I think Morton is a centre mid but I really am not sure. 

Morton is a left footed central midfield player. Edwards appeared to play just off the striker when he came on the other night. Drifted wide to both flanks and his direct running at defenders was eye-catching.

3 hours ago, TDarwall said:

Be interesting to see if Flint features.

34 minutes ago, Red_Wizard said:

From a friend who is a Leeds fan, apparently Leeds are in talks with Flint.

16 minutes ago, 42nite said:

Met a Leeds fan over here today who seemed to have his ear pretty close to the ground.   No he hadn't just 'fallen' down some stairs!

He was convinced Flint was on his way there.

Archived