IGNORED

If your thinking of going to Birmingham City by train here is some advice

There ain't no big long trains(High Speed trains in other words)

Like they use on the Bristol to London corridor

on the times we will be heading to and from Birmingham

Its the four (and hopefully five coach trains) on our trip to Birmingham

The turn up on the day fare is £55 pounds

If you buy two seperate day returns it works out at

Day return £9:40p Bristol to Cheltenham

Day return £25.20p Cheltenham to Bordesley via Birmingham new street and Birminghan moor street

If you think you might be using the trains to Brentford and Reading consider buying one of these 

https://www.twotogether-railcard.co.uk/online/?utm_medium=cpc&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIvYL-oKeO1QIVyb_tCh12NguWEAAYASAAEgKGMvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Both tickets can be bought at any time at the booking offices and you can reserve seats at the same time

I know every wants  table seats,but you have to be quick off the mark to get table seats.

In other words book up and reserve as early as you can

When you get to New Street walk down the road to Moor street 

Bordesley is the first station and is used for approx two hours before the match and until two hours after the match ONLY

I think the best train to use would be the 10:00 from Bristol temple meads as it seems to be the train that starts at BTM

and would already be in the station

Most other north bound trains will be full of holiday makers heading back home

Coach "B" is normally the UNRESERVED coach

Finally stock up and purchase in advance your  lemonade crisps chocolate bars and home made sandwiches brought from home of course.

Well there you go,if you need any other advice,let I know,and lets hope for a good day out

We have not beaten Birmingham (AWAY) since the Premier league started

58 minutes ago, Never to the dark side said:

There ain't no big long trains(High Speed trains in other words)

Like they use on the Bristol to London corridor

on the times we will be heading to and from Birmingham

Its the four (and hopefully five coach trains) on our trip to Birmingham

The turn up on the day fare is £55 pounds

If you buy two seperate day returns it works out at

Day return £9:40p Bristol to Cheltenham

Day return £25.20p Cheltenham to Bordesley via Birmingham new street and Birminghan moor street

If you think you might be using the trains to Brentford and Reading consider buying one of these 

https://www.twotogether-railcard.co.uk/online/?utm_medium=cpc&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIvYL-oKeO1QIVyb_tCh12NguWEAAYASAAEgKGMvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Both tickets can be bought at any time at the booking offices and you can reserve seats at the same time

I know every wants  table seats,but you have to be quick off the mark to get table seats.

In other words book up and reserve as early as you can

When you get to New Street walk down the road to Moor street 

Bordesley is the first station and is used for approx two hours before the match and until two hours after the match ONLY

I think the best train to use would be the 10:00 from Bristol temple meads as it seems to be the train that starts at BTM

and would already be in the station

Most other north bound trains will be full of holiday makers heading back home

Coach "B" is normally the UNRESERVED coach

Finally stock up and purchase in advance your  lemonade crisps chocolate bars and home made sandwiches brought from home of course.

Well there you go,if you need any other advice,let I know,and lets hope for a good day out

We have not beaten Birmingham (AWAY) since the Premier league started

yes we have john.......1993.........chooo chooo..........

• Admin
15 hours ago, Never to the dark side said:

I think the best train to use would be the 10:00 from Bristol temple meads as it seems to be the train that starts at BTM and would already be in the station

Arrives from Manchester at 09:06 so will be on the platform a long time

2 hours ago, bcfcshorey said:

Crazy the difference in prices for Train tickets. Return between London Marylebone and Birmingham Moor Street is around £15 with Chiltern.

I know, shocking. I paid £8 each way from Euston to Brum the other week (booking months in advance). £5 each way from Marylebone. While Paddington to BTM is around £35! 

To all you train experts on here, I wonder if any of you might have some advice.

One of my daughters (mid 20s) wants to make a one way journey to Manchester (presumably Picadilly, although her ultimate destination would be Oxford Road) in mid/late September.

She has been quoted approx. £50 by some travel site on the Internet, leaving late morning from either Parkway or TM - any suggestions?   

17 hours ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

To all you train experts on here, I wonder if any of you might have some advice.

One of my daughters (mid 20s) wants to make a one way journey to Manchester (presumably Picadilly, although her ultimate destination would be Oxford Road) in mid/late September.

She has been quoted approx. £50 by some travel site on the Internet, leaving late morning from either Parkway or TM - any suggestions?   

Weekend or weekday, sometimes this makes quite a difference. Is it worth her getting a young persons railcard if she makes regular journeys, costs about £30 but gives 1/3 off most fares for a year. Look at ticket splitting, there are apps and websites for this which work out if it's cheaper to break your journeys up. Eg Bristol to Brum, Brum to Manchester, most times you stay on the same train to complete the journey but in paper your journey is split making it cheaper.

Archived