IGNORED

Bristol Post- Interview with LJ

E.G.Red

23 minutes ago, E.G.Red said:

Two page interview with Lee Johnson in today's BRISTOL POST. 

I'm sure it will be very exclusive, without anything that's not been discussed on here already..! 

Apparently the front page reports breaking news about Germany invading Poland. 

9 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

I'm sure it will be very exclusive, without anything that's not been discussed on here already..! 

Apparently the front page reports breaking news about Germany invading Poland. 

it will be copied word for word from our website

Expected OTIB summary of 2 page interview.

LJ doesn't know what he's doing.

He doesn't say what is happening with Engval.

He doesn't say anything about the reasons why we got rid of our most talented player, who could do things that no other player can do.

He knows his job is secure, come what may.

He's only in the job because he's SL's mate.

He doesn't say that there will be any more incoming transfers during the summer window.

How can he say he's happy with what he's got, because those payers only just escaped relegation.

Don't trust anything he says.

Johnson out.

46 minutes ago, downendcity said:

He doesn't say anything about the reasons why we got rid of our most talented player, who could do things that no other player can do.

He doesn't say that there will be any more incoming transfers during the summer window.

How can he say he's happy with what he's got, because those payers only just escaped relegation.

Johnson out.

Sorry , but your continual posts in this vain are really really tedious and boring now

Its literally all you ever seem to post 

You seem to have copied / aligned toa couple of other posters who do similar ,but at least they also add to any debate sometimes and don't preempt any comments 

No doubt you will say criticism of LJ or whoever is boring and tedious but there are plenty of decent debates while all you post is this pre emptng or predicting  criticism , and digging at unarmed posters and the forum , in literally every thread,, often more than once , never actually making any points or adding to any debate

Most of criticism of any aspect on here normally comes with or for a reason ( Not always I except)

Your continual drone of sarcastic criticism is far more tedious than the most 'critical' posters

How about adding to any debate , even if you want to religiously toe the party line

As you portray yourself as a big Club / LJ supporter , you may think back - Im sure some of your posts back in Feb / March wouldn't have looked quite so suppoortive

42 minutes ago, downendcity said:

Johnson out.

mods lock the thread, save us all the pain ;)

Was going to copy and paste the article, but that ******* website is atrocious.

Here was something I found interesting about training methods

"Johnson explains that the club have discussed building a huge portable TV - like the big screens above the pitch at Ashton Gate - down at the training ground. Such a scheme will enable him to help instruct the players on positioning and more.

"It's something we've been talking about for a while and we're talking to Ashton Gate the company about potentially a joint purchase because I think it could be very effective."

"To be able to work live with that sort of video analysis is very unusual and if we could do it then it would be a real tool for us."

I've never heard of such a thing and ask if he's being serious. He is, and he references Julian Nagelsmann, the highly rated 28-year-old Hoffenheim German coach of the year, as beating him to the idea of a 'video wall'.

Further, Johnson confirms a story we've been told that he and his team have custom-built an app that the players at City all get access to via an iPad."

This and the drone thing (LJ was the first manager over here to use drones in training while at Barnsley) it can't be said that he is short of ideas to make advances in training. Whether they pay off is another matter.

1 minute ago, JamesBCFC said:

"Johnson explains that the club have discussed building a huge portable TV - like the big screens above the pitch at Ashton Gate - down at the training ground. Such a scheme will enable him to help instruct the players on positioning and more.

"It's something we've been talking about for a while and we're talking to Ashton Gate the company about potentially a joint purchase because I think it could be very effective."

"To be able to work live with that sort of video analysis is very unusual and if we could do it then it would be a real tool for us."

I've never heard of such a thing and ask if he's being serious. He is, and he references Julian Nagelsmann, the highly rated 28-year-old Hoffenheim German coach of the year, as beating him to the idea of a 'video wall'.

Further, Johnson confirms a story we've been told that he and his team have custom-built an app that the players at City all get access to via an iPad."

This and the drone thing (LJ was the first manager over here to use drones in training while at Barnsley) it can't be said that he is short of ideas to make advances in training. Whether they pay off is another matter.

innovative coach and I believe a decent one too, not a head coach or a manager but thats buy the by,

can we please get back on subject and thats the post and it being so shit, it makes a lump of shit look like a steak dinner

4 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Sorry , but your continual posts in this vain are really really tedious and boring now

Its literally all you ever seem to post 

You seem to have copied / aligned toa couple of other posters who do similar ,but at least they also add to any debate sometimes and don't preempt any comments 

No doubt you will say criticism of LJ or whoever is boring and tedious but there are plenty of decent debates while all you post is this pre emptng or predicting  criticism , and digging at unarmed posters and the forum , in literally every thread,, often more than once , never actually making any points or adding to any debate

Most of criticism of any aspect on here normally comes with or for a reason ( Not always I except)

Your continual drone of sarcastic criticism is far more tedious than the most 'critical' posters

How about adding to any debate , even if you want to religiously toe the party line

As you portray yourself as a big Club / LJ supporter , you may think back - Im sure some of your posts back in Feb / March wouldn't have looked quite so suppoortive

I'm not a big LJ supporter, but will always support whoever is managing the team. I also support the club and can see what SL/the club is trying to achieve longer term. but understand that many fans are sceptical of this long term planning, but everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

As Ive posted many a time, during last season I could see no way that LJ would last beyond Christmas/New Year - no fan in their right mind would have then said that LJ had their 100% backing because with the sort of run we were on, that would have been just plain crazy. However, he got SL's backing and SL's trust was paid back, because things were turned around in the latter part of the season and that was a reassuring change from the normal knee jerk reaction by most owners chairmen in similar circumstances. 

This is also not all I seem to post, as in recent days Ive tried to post constructive comment about Tomlin's departure and our transfer activity in general. In response to a thread about Flint possible departure and that he is irreplaceable I posted saying that if he leaves then it might just be that a new pairing could be more effective than pairing any other centre back with Flint. Of course it might be that you missed that type of post if it does not fit with your outlook on things, but I am pretty certain that my near 8,000 posts contain a lot more "constructive " posts than those containing a dose of sarcasm.

I am not aligned to any particular poster, any more than I am pretty sure you are not aligned to any other poster, even though they may have  similar critical views  about the club, as you do. I am perfectly capable of having my own views and opinions.

I apologies if you feel some of my posts are sarcastic ( sarcasm is, after all, the lowest form of wit - but unfortunately is also the easiest!) , but I do think that there are posters on here who, no matter what the club does will find fault with it. I like to think I add a bit of humour to the forum, but will tone down the sarcasm, if it offends.

Back to LJ. The start of this season is make or break for him. His career here is overshadowed by the period from November to February last season and it will take a lot to gain the trust and confidence of many fans because of that. I do think there are many fans who have almost wanted him to fail from the outset, because they decided he was not the "big name" manager they thought we needed. I do not believe he will survive anything other than a solid start, because SL will not jeopardise his investment in stadium and players with relegation.

I am hopeful that we have a squad capable of competing in this division, and more so now that we have got rid of Tomlin, as I think we will be a better and more effective team without him - who would have believed we would ever think this a year ago? It's perhaps too easy to think that success only comes with a host of big money signings, but the reality is that we cannot complete with Villa, Boro and the like on the financial front, so are planning our way forward in a different manner, and not perhaps the way that brings instant success. I can;t see us challenging at the top of the table, but would hope that we will be challenging mid table and if we get a decent run we could get close to play off places.

Of course it could all go tits up, we are bottom three all season and my sarcasm will have been in vain, but only time will tell'

Ultimately every on this forum wants the club to do as well as possible, whether that is with LJ at the helm or whoever comes after him.

8 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

About time someone questioned LJ over the lacklustre efforts of our ball boys. Needs to improve if we want to compete at the top end of this division. 

Funny you say that.

LJ spoke about how he took his Nan to Wimbledon and was impressed with the discipline of the ball boys there 

I think LJ is well aware of what you say, hence his specific mention of the above.

13 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Funny you say that.

LJ spoke about how he took his Nan to Wimbledon and was impressed with the discipline of the ball boys there 

I think LJ is well aware of what you say, hence his specific mention of the above.

Yeah just watched the 20 minute interview. It was quite good actually, good content by the BP for once. 

2 hours ago, downendcity said:

I'm not a big LJ supporter, but will always support whoever is managing the team. I also support the club and can see what SL/the club is trying to achieve longer term. but understand that many fans are sceptical of this long term planning, but everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

As Ive posted many a time, during last season I could see no way that LJ would last beyond Christmas/New Year - no fan in their right mind would have then said that LJ had their 100% backing because with the sort of run we were on, that would have been just plain crazy. However, he got SL's backing and SL's trust was paid back, because things were turned around in the latter part of the season and that was a reassuring change from the normal knee jerk reaction by most owners chairmen in similar circumstances. 

This is also not all I seem to post, as in recent days Ive tried to post constructive comment about Tomlin's departure and our transfer activity in general. In response to a thread about Flint possible departure and that he is irreplaceable I posted saying that if he leaves then it might just be that a new pairing could be more effective than pairing any other centre back with Flint. Of course it might be that you missed that type of post if it does not fit with your outlook on things, but I am pretty certain that my near 8,000 posts contain a lot more "constructive " posts than those containing a dose of sarcasm.

I am not aligned to any particular poster, any more than I am pretty sure you are not aligned to any other poster, even though they may have  similar critical views  about the club, as you do. I am perfectly capable of having my own views and opinions.

I apologies if you feel some of my posts are sarcastic ( sarcasm is, after all, the lowest form of wit - but unfortunately is also the easiest!) , but I do think that there are posters on here who, no matter what the club does will find fault with it. I like to think I add a bit of humour to the forum, but will tone down the sarcasm, if it offends.

Back to LJ. The start of this season is make or break for him. His career here is overshadowed by the period from November to February last season and it will take a lot to gain the trust and confidence of many fans because of that. I do think there are many fans who have almost wanted him to fail from the outset, because they decided he was not the "big name" manager they thought we needed. I do not believe he will survive anything other than a solid start, because SL will not jeopardise his investment in stadium and players with relegation.

I am hopeful that we have a squad capable of competing in this division, and more so now that we have got rid of Tomlin, as I think we will be a better and more effective team without him - who would have believed we would ever think this a year ago? It's perhaps too easy to think that success only comes with a host of big money signings, but the reality is that we cannot complete with Villa, Boro and the like on the financial front, so are planning our way forward in a different manner, and not perhaps the way that brings instant success. I can;t see us challenging at the top of the table, but would hope that we will be challenging mid table and if we get a decent run we could get close to play off places.

Of course it could all go tits up, we are bottom three all season and my sarcasm will have been in vain, but only time will tell'

Ultimately every on this forum wants the club to do as well as possible, whether that is with LJ at the helm or whoever comes after him.

Fair play 

Very polite, Well written post , and fine reasoned reply

:thumbsup::clap:

COYR

34 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Fair play 

Very polite, Well written post , and fine reasoned reply

:thumbsup::clap:

COYR

Thanks Bob.

I was going to add a post script saying that my reply was a sarcasm free post...............  :facepalm: ;) :)

2 hours ago, downendcity said:

Not sure about that dc.

SL really dug his heels in last season in his determination to keep LJ in the job.

After the PNE humiliation we looked done for and It could very, very, easily have gone the other way but for the remarkable and completely unpredictable late run.

SL stubbornly backed his man and we survived by 3 points in the end, but the final analysis of that period must surely be that SL was indeed willing to accept relegation rather than sack LJ.

Whether he'll be willing to back him again if we have a less than solid start is another matter, but my own view is he would.

26 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Not sure about that dc.

SL really dug his heels in last season in his determination to keep LJ in the job.

After the PNE humiliation we looked done for and It could very, very, easily have gone the other way but for the remarkable and completely unpredictable late run.

SL stubbornly backed his man and we survived by 3 points in the end, but the final analysis of that period must surely be that SL was indeed willing to accept relegation rather than sack LJ.

Whether he'll be willing to back him again if we have a less than solid start is another matter, but my own view is he would.

It was quite clear from one of SLs interviews (just before Huddersfield I think) that he was close to sacking LJ. 

There was then a dramatic upturn in results.

3 hours ago, JamesBCFC said:

We've got enough 'tools at the club already....

8 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

It was quite clear from one of SLs interviews (just before Huddersfield I think) that he was close to sacking LJ. 

There was then a dramatic upturn in results.

The interview I recall is the one in the Guardian at the end of the season, where SL said that his position had been discussed after the Burton game.

I suspect he probably did come close to pulling the trigger on a couple of occasions but held off.

4 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

The interview I recall is the one in the Guardian at the end of the season, where SL said that his position had been discussed after the Burton game.

I suspect he probably did come close to pulling the trigger on a couple of occasions but held off.

That may well be the one I am thinking of.

6 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Indeed. I really do believe that SL's backing of LJ last season was not nepotism or bloody-mindedness but that he genuinely believes - whether rightly or wrongly - that LJ will come good in the long term. Nonetheless I do not doubt that SL is going to want to see improvement next season. I don't expect LJ to keep his job if the season follows the same pattern as last time. But, at the same time, I also don't really expect the season to follow the same pattern as last time I do not expect us to pull up Trees (except hopefully in two games against Forest!) but I do think the players will be a year older and a year better and we will be okay.

17 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

Indeed. I really do believe that SL's backing of LJ last season was not nepotism or bloody-mindedness but that he genuinely believes - whether rightly or wrongly - that LJ will come good in the long term. Nonetheless I do not doubt that SL is going to want to see improvement next season. I don't expect LJ to keep his job if the season follows the same pattern as last time. But, at the same time, I also don't really expect the season to follow the same pattern as last time I do not expect us to pull up Trees (except hopefully in two games against Forest!) but I do think the players will be a year older and a year better and we will be okay.

Fully agree with this.

4 hours ago, JamesBCFC said:

Most important thing in management is communicating ideas and improving performance 

I would embrace the innovative methods being used rather than the shouting from the sideline type coaching and white boards. 

It shows that using technology such as drones and large video screens for coaching players gives the players a far better insight into formations and their role in the team. 

As long as it doesn't take the flair out of players then I can only see the approach being a fresh vision for the clubs players and coaching set up

10 minutes ago, INCRED said:

Most important thing in management is communicating ideas and improving performance 

I would embrace the innovative methods being used rather than the shouting from the sideline type coaching and white boards. 

It shows that using technology such as drones and large video screens for coaching players gives the players a far better insight into formations and their role in the team. 

As long as it doesn't take the flair out of players then I can only see the approach being a fresh vision for the clubs players and coaching set up

Oh, I agree with that, but have a very minor concern.

Don't think it was in the bit of the article I pasted, but it said how some German clubs stopped using the drones as they distracted the players.

Personally would find a giant TV a bit distracting at first, but is the type of thing people should get used to fairly quickly.

Archived