IGNORED

Bristol Post- Interview with LJ

E.G.Red

3 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Fair play 

Very polite, Well written post , and fine reasoned reply.

COYR

2 hours ago, downendcity said:

Thanks Bob.

I was going to add a post script saying that my reply was a sarcasm free post...............  :facepalm: ;) :)

Excellent posts, both. Football stirs the deepest passions and we certainly have passionate fans on here. Just as in any area of life, some of us fall out on here, sometimes things get to us and we have a pop at each other. I think it's a credit to both of you that you sorted it out before it sank into playground insults (I've been on the end of a few of them, incl being called gAss one time. FFS) Nothing like showing a bit of maturity and just agreeing to disagree/let each other say what we say. Fair play both of you.

13 minutes ago, downendcity said:

I'm not a big LJ supporter, but will always support whoever is managing the team. I also support the club and can see what SL/the club is trying to achieve longer term. but understand that many fans are sceptical of this long term planning, but everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

As Ive posted many a time, during last season I could see no way that LJ would last beyond Christmas/New Year - no fan in their right mind would have then said that LJ had their 100% backing because with the sort of run we were on, that would have been just plain crazy. However, he got SL's backing and SL's trust was paid back, because things were turned around in the latter part of the season and that was a reassuring change from the normal knee jerk reaction by most owners chairmen in similar circumstances. 

This is also not all I seem to post, as in recent days Ive tried to post constructive comment about Tomlin's departure and our transfer activity in general. In response to a thread about Flint possible departure and that he is irreplaceable I posted saying that if he leaves then it might just be that a new pairing could be more effective than pairing any other centre back with Flint. Of course it might be that you missed that type of post if it does not fit with your outlook on things, but I am pretty certain that my near 8,000 posts contain a lot more "constructive " posts than those containing a dose of sarcasm.

I am not aligned to any particular poster, any more than I am pretty sure you are not aligned to any other poster, even though they may have  similar critical views  about the club, as you do. I am perfectly capable of having my own views and opinions.

I apologies if you feel some of my posts are sarcastic ( sarcasm is, after all, the lowest form of wit - but unfortunately is also the easiest!) , but I do think that there are posters on here who, no matter what the club does will find fault with it. I like to think I add a bit of humour to the forum, but will tone down the sarcasm, if it offends.

Back to LJ. The start of this season is make or break for him. His career here is overshadowed by the period from November to February last season and it will take a lot to gain the trust and confidence of many fans because of that. I do think there are many fans who have almost wanted him to fail from the outset, because they decided he was not the "big name" manager they thought we needed. I do not believe he will survive anything other than a solid start, because SL will not jeopardise his investment in stadium and players with relegation.

I am hopeful that we have a squad capable of competing in this division, and more so now that we have got rid of Tomlin, as I think we will be a better and more effective team without him - who would have believed we would ever think this a year ago? It's perhaps too easy to think that success only comes with a host of big money signings, but the reality is that we cannot complete with Villa, Boro and the like on the financial front, so are planning our way forward in a different manner, and not perhaps the way that brings instant success. I can;t see us challenging at the top of the table, but would hope that we will be challenging mid table and if we get a decent run we could get close to play off places.

Of course it could all go tits up, we are bottom three all season and my sarcasm will have been in vain, but only time will tell'

Ultimately everyone on this forum wants the club to do as well as possible, whether that is with LJ at the helm or whoever comes after him.

After more years lurking and very little posting I have to disagree. I've read dozens of posters clearly state they'd hate to see us in the Prem!! :facepalm:

Archived