IGNORED

New Season Predictions

daored

It's almost here, another season of no doubt ups and downs.

So my question to fellow Red's, who in your opinion is going up, down, surprise package (good or bad) and top goalscorer. But more importantly as things are, what are your predictions for us.

For me, Boro to be promoted. A good manager in Monk, still a good squad for this league, although I do think they will lose Gibson. I also fancy Villa, they've got goals, shouldn't concede too many.

To go down, for me teams from Barmsley, Preston, QPR, Milwall, Burton, Forrest, us, Ipswich and Milwall. I think Milwall, Bolton and Ipswich to go down.

Surprise team, Sheffield Utd, think they're coming up like we did a few years ago under Johnson. I wouldn't be surprised if they finish above Wednesday, they may just have that momentum and also think Wilder is a good manager. On the negative, Preston (feel bad saying that), loss of Grayson as manager I think is a big loss. 

Top goalscorer, know he's out for the start of the season but Kodja. Villa will create a lot and second season there he will have a good season 

As for us, I hope Johnson is a success because if he is the club will be. Stick to a consistent formation and starting 11. I think we will struggle, but there are a number of teams weaker than us, we will stay up , final position 15th.

Another very exciting season imminent with so much scope for anything to happen.

I'm going to be lazy and just predict City's place -  I tip us to finish 6th and win the play-offs.  It sounds absolutely crazy, but why not?  Good win last night, we should beat Barnsley, and then the momentum will sweep us to glory!  Unity, hard-work and incredible team spirit will get us there!

Villa will struggle to make the top 6 as will Norwich. Sheffield Utd will be in bottom 6 with Burton, Millwall, Hull and Ipswich

i have a sneaking feeling that Forest may do well along with Fulham who I fancy to get promoted. 

Us, who knows we have a reasonably settled squad and management team. We could have a very good season and surprise everyone which coincides with my first ever season ticket purchase

2 hours ago, reddogkev said:

Another very exciting season imminent with so much scope for anything to happen.

I'm going to be lazy and just predict City's place -  I tip us to finish 6th and win the play-offs.  It sounds absolutely crazy, but why not?  Good win last night, we should beat Barnsley, and then the momentum will sweep us to glory!  Unity, hard-work and incredible team spirit will get us there!

lets be fair if we cant be optimistic now before the seasons starts then we may as well give up, there are always a few surprises why not us.

3 minutes ago, cynic said:

Ipswich currently 0-5 against Charlton.

Sunderland currently 0-3 against Celtic

Both those teams will be fielding players who will probably start next week and, although I don't see Sunderland going down but could struggle, I'd agree that Ipswich could be relegated this season. 

My top 6 (no particular order) - Boro, Hull, Forest, Fulham, Villa, and a surprise Brentford

Bottom 6 (no particular order) - Burton, Ipswich, QPR, Barnsley, Sunderland, Wolves

Don't think Sunderland will go down, but a Villa like season without the resurgence, will finish around us (I reckon we will be 15th)

The 442 season preview came through the post today. They reckon we`re going to finish 22nd and go down with Burton & Millwall. 

Mind you, I can`t remember them ever being right before (and I have been anal enough to dig out previous season`s editions and compared to actual results!).

What proves it`s all bollocks to me is that they have the blue few finishing third. 

15th for me

Am I the only one who thinks Villa will be mediocre again?

Terry and Samba are too old now and can see teams countering against them, especially with the attack they have they aren't going to be sitting deep. 

Anyway, Top 6

Boro

Wednesday

Wolves

Brentford

Forest 

Reading (same boring team as last season who just don't concede) 

Surprise package - Us, we'll finish 8th drifting from the playoffs after Christmas

Negative surprise - Norwich, another season of no form with there fans getting fed up 

Bottom 3 

Millwall

Ipswich

Burton

1. Middlesbrough c
2. Fulham p
3. Aston villa (POW)
4. sheff weds
5. Norwich
6. Wolves
7. Leeds united
8. Hull city
9. Nottingham Forest
10. Reading
11. Birmingham city
12. Sunderland
13. Derby county
14. Bristol city
15. Sheff utd
16. Brentford
17. Cardiff
18. Pne
19. Burton
20. Barnsley
21. Bolton
22. QPR
23. Ipswich Town
24. Millwall

:blink: bit bored so I compiled the table how I see it ending. 

I know we will finish in 11th place, after a season of great consistency.

After the first month of the season we will settle into mid-table, rarely straying outside of 9th-14th place.

A couple of late wins will give us an 11th place finish.

Apart from this, I predict NOTHING.

:cool2:

tfj

Boro champs, Hull and Sunderland will struggle.  As will Burton, Bolton, Ipswich, Preston and potentially Forest. Leeds could be top 6 or bottom 8!! No idea how their blend of imports and  a coach unfamiliar with this league will do, but I'm hedging my bets. Sorry to say I think Cardiff will be much better under Warnock this season.  I'd take a mid-table finish without a fear of the drop now for our mob!! Oh and I think Millwall will surprise a few on here, I think Harris has done some canny business on a tight budget.

Archived