IGNORED

Johnson on Flint/Bryan situation .. Radio Bristol this afternoon.

WhistleHappy

5 minutes ago, Olé said:

Not wanting to question the news or lower the standard of the discussion, but am I the only amateur psychologist who noticed Lee suddenly get an urge to scratch his beard after six seconds?

Never mind the scratching, kiddo; analyse the beard......

1 hour ago, Bar BS3 said:

Well, IF that's the case, whilst he's under contract and IF we've told him we don't want to sell him, then put him in the reserves! 

well I`m not LJ`S biggest  :shutup: pretty big IF`S by the way

8 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Might be, you never know.  I'm not trying to start an argument, but I have posted elsewhere (several times, sorry to repeat myself) that I get hacked off with people who qualify any praise of Johnson with "I'm not his greatest fan, but...". .

Many posters are far from convinced by LJ, and understandably so imo.

That opinion may run deep but doesn't mean he never does anything commendable.

You seem to have developed an obsession with picking posters up on the phrase and criticising them for it..

If so, why - are you LJ's biggest fan?

I'm not btw.

4 minutes ago, glos old boy said:

Lots of if`s and but`s from many replies above; what it is i.m.o......is one sided comments "released" against Flint and others with no chance of any reply from those nasty players.

Many take it as gospel though as it must be because they says so.

What ever made us take on such terrible players in the first place, imo Flint is yet another hero to feel the force.

Look, if there are villains in this sort of saga it's likely to be agents, opposition club owners and opposition managers.  It becomes a game of bluff and counter-bluff but I'm convinced in this case that it is not our club, nor our manager, who is at fault here.  If Flint has 'had his head turned' then all the club can do is offer him a better deal or get the most they can for him.  

I do think people should look at other clubs before throwing stones at our own management or ownership, and count their lucky stars they're City fans.

Can I add also that I'm not Lee Johnson's greatest f....  oh Christ, perhaps I am!  

32 minutes ago, glos old boy said:

Lots of if`s and but`s from many replies above; what it is i.m.o......is one sided comments "released" against Flint and others with no chance of any reply from those nasty players.

Many take it as gospel though as it must be because they says so.

What ever made us take on such terrible players in the first place, imo Flint is yet another hero to feel the force.

It is quite obvious Flint wants out, no? Not many fell for him seeming gutted. He has quite blatantly been angling for a move via his agent all summer.

Central defenders are not typically linked with numerous clubs, lots of leaks of "bids", especially so soon in to a contract and having been a stalwart. As soon as the third linked club comes in with none actually seemingly having bid it's clear what's happening. 

To the best of my knowledge since LJ has been here he has played Flint in pretty much every second of every competitive match we've played. It may be that the model the club are working to dictates now is the peak time to flog him & reinvest but I very much doubt it's a LJ led decision. 

1 hour ago, cynic said:

Not quite, we were still involved until at least the mid 70s.

I didn't know that. Read something about it a while back and it said the British withdrew in 67. I see on wikipedia that BP maintained control of an oil refinery and tanker port until 78.

You're not thinking of Oman, are you?

5 hours ago, Squire Dastardly said:

If Flint goes for anything like his value, would we have to pay Swindon a sell-on fee?

If I remember rightly, the terms of the deal were along the lines of..... we will let you win the league in November, then we will win the real thing in May.

Archived