IGNORED

Johnson on Flint/Bryan situation .. Radio Bristol this afternoon.

WhistleHappy

8 minutes ago, WhistleHappy said:

At least we already know that the Bryan part of the bid has been rejected, (confirmed by Birmingham 'phew, nice one City!) just need to hear about the Aden situation now.

Derisory joint bid anyway... Go forth and multiply Harry! :) 

if it was a joint bid then reject one means both are rejected and they'd have to return with another bid, reading the birmingham fans comments and looking at their transfer dealings so far this summer, it seems highly unlikely they'd match our valuation 

1 hour ago, WhistleHappy said:

At least we already know that the Bryan part of the bid has been rejected, (confirmed by Birmingham 'phew, nice one City!) just need to hear about the Aden situation now.

Derisory joint bid anyway... Go forth and multiply Harry! :) 

Or to put it another way - have sex and travel.

• Admin
2 hours ago, WhistleHappy said:

Apparently Lee Johnson is expected to be answering questions/making statement regarding reports of Brum's approach for Flint/Bryan on radio Bristol sometime this afternoon.

Just heard it mentioned on radio few mins ago.... no idea what time Johnson may be on..

Will be the press conference being replayed?

33 minutes ago, Red_Wizard said:

I like how you pick out the bit that suits you to start an argument. Are you left wing by any chance? :whistle:

He's a pragmatist so doubt that he's Left Wing. They're generally self-righteous types. He's correct in what he's saying about the boring LJ criticism hwhatever his/her politics . 

46 minutes ago, Red_Wizard said:

I like how you pick out the bit that suits you to start an argument. Are you left wing by any chance? :whistle:

I'd say a midfielder with you out on the right wing

Just now, Bar BS3 said:

Well, IF that's the case, whilst he's under contract and IF we've told him we don't want to sell him, then put him in the reserves! 

Yep. I'm not LJ biggest fan but I found it hard to believe that if there was a problem, it would be of his doing. There were plenty of occasions last season he could of quite easily dropped AF, but stuck by him. Flint wants to go? Then sell him IF the right bid comes in, if not the reserves would be a fitting place for him. I'd say Bakers all round game is better anyway.

2 minutes ago, BCFC Grim said:

Yep. I'm not LJ biggest fan but I found it hard to believe that if there was a problem, it would be of his doing. There were plenty of occasions last season he could of quite easily dropped AF, but stuck by him. Flint wants to go? Then sell him IF the right bid comes in, if not the reserves would be a fitting place for him. I'd say Bakers all round game is better anyway.

Flint, to us, is only who he is because he gives 100% for the cause. 

IF anything is going to distract and deteriorate that level of commitment then get him out of the team, because without he nothing better than average, imo. 

Unless someone offered very silly money, why would we sell Bryan a few days ahead of the season? We have almost no cover for him - apart from the fact he can play in two positions.

Don't want either player to go, but at least we have cover for Flint. £10M I'd let him go.

:thumbsup:

tfj

1 hour ago, Red_Wizard said:

Might be, you never know.  I'm not trying to start an argument, but I have posted elsewhere (several times, sorry to repeat myself) that I get hacked off with people who qualify any praise of Johnson with "I'm not his greatest fan, but...".  Rather like his father in many respects.  I remember when Gary was turning the culture around at the club, after the disgraceful eras of Wilson and Tinnion, and as we stormed up the league some on this site were still saying "The jury's still out on Johnson...".

I would say that £5m for each is the bare minimum we should accept, and if both aren't fully committed to the cause then they should be dropped or loaned out to a League 1 side. As a middle/bottom table side, we'd be foolish to sell our better assets to a rival without enough of a premium for us to buy better replacements.

If Flint wants to go, I'd rather we accept £3m from a Premier League team over £6m from a Championship side. He's been a good servant to the club, and we should be pushing for our players to play at the highest level.

If Flint has had his head turned then that is his business but he is under contract and I would hope the club would expect anyone who wants him to pay full whack. We have three strong centre backs we can pick Saturday instead. 

If someone bids more than we paid for Diedhiou I would let him move. Until they do, I would hope we do not. If Flint wants to waive any signing on fees or agent payments to help the club buying him get up to that fee then he can do so. If not, any expectation he has of getting a big pay day should only be fulfilled when we get one too...

Not wanting to question the news or lower the standard of the discussion, but am I the only amateur psychologist who noticed Lee suddenly get an urge to scratch his beard after six seconds?

Lots of if`s and but`s from many replies above; what it is i.m.o......is one sided comments "released" against Flint and others with no chance of any reply from those nasty players.

Many take it as gospel though as it must be because they says so.

What ever made us take on such terrible players in the first place, imo Flint is yet another hero to feel the force.

Archived