IGNORED

Prem: one man went to mow.

WhistleHappy

1 hour ago, WhistleHappy said:

No more fancy grass patterns on Prem pitches.. new rule.

Only standard horizontal lines from now on - inline with UEFA competition rules say the Premier League.

I bet Debbie Harry is behind this. 

20 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Whilst they are at it, they should ban those pesky electronic advertising hordings which are so distracting and make my eyes go funny.

Agree, like the dog running up and down or even the car driving along looking like it's going to mow down players.

44 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Whilst they are at it, they should ban those pesky electronic advertising hordings which are so distracting and make my eyes go funny.

22 minutes ago, RedM said:

Agree, like the dog running up and down or even the car driving along looking like it's going to mow down players.

Totally agree with this...

I'd like to see the moving ad displays replaced by static ones during 'game on' times.... with the ads changing subtlety as each one fades in and out in smooth transitions ... each ad gets its relevant display time in slow rotation, and the 'brightness' of each ad should be controlled so as to be easily readable without being dazzlingly bright or hard on the eye in peripheral  vision.

Nothing wrong with eye catching adverts, that's what they're there for, but they should not be detrimental to the enjoyment of or a distraction to those participating in the game itself... sportsmen and the actual game first, paying spectators in expensive seats next then if revenue making ads can be accommodated comfortably after the first two priorities are satisfied then great. It just feels that the priorities have become slightly skewed right now, so to the powers that be 'come on sort it out, you appear to have literally taken your eye off the ball on this one' ..customers first please!.

Lets have all singing all dancing ads to your hearts contents prior to kick off and during halftime... but tone it down, preferable stop the movement all together when its 'game on' yeah? 

Whistle Happy - you're spot on!

Of course, your desires are not going to be fulfilled while the powers look at the prime reason for the existence of the game - to make money. We know that the value of paying fans is being increasingly disregarded in the lunge for sponsorship and TV deals. We are soon going to be mere background details behind the ads, and eventually superfluous.

It is any wonder there are plenty of fans who have turned their backs on the game that has turned its back on them and gone back to local club football. Reality comes in many flavours.

Archived