IGNORED

Smoke

COACH2

5 minutes ago, cityboy99 said:

I think it adds to the atmosphere, take away the pyro's you may as well take away the flags also and the singing section. Its all part of the package of modern football which i agree ain't great in all aspects but this adds to the experience. How many of us have slated teams like Fulham with there clappers things do we really wanna go down that route of being plain and boring.

Really !

Smoke bombs and flares are not common place in football in England and not part of a package in modern football.

Just now, CHIPLEY RED said:

Really !

Smoke bombs and flares are not common place in football in England and not part of a package in modern football.

I think your wrong it happens week in week out up and down the country i bet somewhere there is pictures off them happening today. 

7 minutes ago, cityboy99 said:

I think it adds to the atmosphere, take away the pyro's you may as well take away the flags also and the singing section. Its all part of the package of modern football which i agree ain't great in all aspects but this adds to the experience. How many of us have slated teams like Fulham with there clappers things do we really wanna go down that route of being plain and boring.

Flags have been part of fan culture at Ashton Gate for a long time. Pyro is not.

A risk is the Club/Bristol Sport clamping down on flags and other elements because they associate them with what they consider to be something  anti social and negative. That has occurred before.

Sitting not to far away from the new standing section today I was very impressed...great position for them to be in between south stand and dolman will no doubt encourage better atmosphere in both stands.

the noise they made was brilliant...the flags round the hoardings...great...I have always loved the palace ultra zone maybe we have started something similar today.

regardin the smoke bombs I am indifferent...can see they add to atmosphere but after the second goal it was a bit difficult to not cough.

great work from them all

12 minutes ago, redapple said:

Looks good, adds to atmosphere, kids love it. Can anyone prove it's a health issue ? I was on other side of ground , but always looks good to me . 

They are illegal end off? Those letting them off are risking a life ban and a custodial sentence they add nothing and ruin it for others,

1 hour ago, Bobbie said:

What's the problem? I love it. Adds to the atmosphere. You reds 

What's the problem? It's illegal to bring and set off flares in a football ground and they can cause problems for other people 

56 minutes ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

So why are they not a problem In other countries? Or are British Lungs perticularly sensitive? Much worse pours out the back of a car.

A lot is tolerated in other countries - eg racist chants - but that's irrelevant. It's what is legal and should be tolerated in this country that matters 

Too many fan have the attitude "I can do what I want and **** the rest of you"

3 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

They are illegal end off? Those letting them off are risking a life ban and a custodial sentence they add nothing and ruin it for others,

And it's totally overkill that letting off a smoke bomb equals a ban AND a custodial sentence. They add to the atmosphere a great deal in my opinion, really hypes things up and it's a shame we're not more tolerant of them in this country.

9 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

Was anybody's day actually ruined by colored smoke?

Smoke adds bugger all to the atmosphere.

Only time I have been at a ground where pyro of any sort added to the atmosphere was when it was the club who did it (Galatasaray). Even then the atmosphere was intense before the pyro and whether it actually added to it was debatable itself.

At City the only time I have been close to smoke let off it caused me discomfort- I do not have any health issues with breathing normally.

Just now, JamesBCFC said:

Smoke adds bugger all to the atmosphere.

Only time I have been at a ground where pyro of any sort added to the atmosphere was when it was the club who did it (Galatasaray). Even then the atmosphere was intense before the pyro and whether it actually added to it was debatable itself.

At City the only time I have been close to smoke let off it caused me discomfort- I do not have any health issues with breathing normally.

Disagree totally. Away games particularly they're great. 

I don't agree with things thrown on the pitch like in the link below, but this game (Charlton 08' which stands out as a particularly awesome away atmosphere) was undeniably enhanced by the pyro that night.

It's just a shame no-one has invented a 'safe' version that doesn't irritate anyone's breathing.

12 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

And it's totally overkill that letting off a smoke bomb equals a ban AND a custodial sentence. They add to the atmosphere a great deal in my opinion, really hypes things up and it's a shame we're not more tolerant of them in this country.

No they don't, the atmosphere was better in the 80's and we didn't let that shot off then 

Just now, Monkeh said:

No they don't, the atmosphere was better in the 80's and we didn't let that shot off then 

That's a straw man though Monkeh and you know it. This isn't about the 80s atmosphere vs today - that was influenced by many more factors.. demographic, being able to stand.. it's a whole different debate.

Another way to frame that would be, would the atmosphere have been better in the 80s with pyro? Almost definitely.

1 hour ago, Bobbie said:

What's the problem? I love it. Adds to the atmosphere. You reds 

1 hour ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

Smoke and Pyro is fine and clearly not a problem abroad. It's great 

1 hour ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

I bloody love the smoke... I've also got a breathing problem ... dont care love it

So the same attitude as standing in front of others who wish to be seated.

I'll do what I want, and **** everyone else???

33 minutes ago, Super said:

Are the ones defending this about ten years old?

Nearly 53 actually . Can't see the problem. Why are they banned ? If they are dangerous to life and health then fair enough , but the only reason I have seen put forward is that they're anti-social . I'd beg to differ, I'd say a football stadium is the right place especially when a majority of people in that section enjoy match day for an experience as much as the football. 

Im an old fart in the Lansdown but it looks great and people seem to be enjoying themselves. Can't be having that . Here's for a few more top performances like the first half today and some more happy supporters.

Just now, redapple said:

Nearly 53 actually . Can't see the problem. Why are they banned ? If they are dangerous to life and health then fair enough , but the only reason I have seen put forward is that they're anti-social . I'd beg to differ, I'd say a football stadium is the right place especially when a majority of people in that section enjoy match day for an experience as much as the football. 

Im an old fart in the Lansdown but it looks great and people seem to be enjoying themselves. Can't be having that . Here's for a few more top performances like the first half today and some more happy supporters.

Embarrassing.

Just now, redapple said:

You haven't thought about the children.

1 hour ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

So why are they not a problem In other countries? Or are British Lungs perticularly sensitive? Much worse pours out the back of a car.

In German stadiums they have areas behind the main banks of seats where flares can be safely lit. 

Archived