IGNORED

Random act of kindness today

Mrdc

Today was my 4 year olds first game and after queuing in the club shop for what seemed like forever, we got into the ground at about 2.45pm and desperately needed a drink before taking our seats, so we queued up for a kiosk that did cold drinks, coffee and snacks. Got to the front of the queue, ordered our drinks and got my card out to pay, only for the assistant to announce' we don't take cards on here, only cash'. After rummaging through my pockets, I was short by about £2 and was about to put the drinks back.

Then the guy behind me, who had worked out it was my daughters first game, handed over a £5 note to the cashier to pay for the drinks, so I just want to say a huge thank you to the dude behind me, who meant we could get a drink and still make the start of the match.

Just now, Robbored said:

It was a very kindhearted and generous act.

It begs the question tho as to why a drink outlet is card only. How many people pay by card at football........:facepalm:

i very rarely take mine unless I'm going out after the game.

I am a st holder in the dolman and I have found that all outlets take card. However today we were in the Landsdown and was stunned that we queued for 5 minutes for an outlet that was cash only.

Just now, Septic Peg said:

Well done that lovely fella! 

Hope your daughter enjoyed the day and she got her cap! 

She got the signed pennant but think she would have preferred the cap, then asked if they had any toys as prizes.

She had a great time, I was expecting her to be bored after 10 minutes and asking to play with my iPhone but except for 2 toilet visits, she watched.the whole game and joined with lots of singing, so as a first game pretty impressed.

7 minutes ago, boatman said:

I am a st holder in the dolman and I have found that all outlets take card. However today we were in the Landsdown and was stunned that we queued for 5 minutes for an outlet that was cash only.

Of course all outlets should take cards which is why I'm surprised that OP was at one that was cash only.

42 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Of course all outlets should take cards which is why I'm surprised that OP was at one that was cash only.

My issue is that a sign saying cash only would be a good idea bearing in mind that we lost 30 mins in the shop, never.been in the Landsdown stand before and a 4 year old doesn't walk that fast, so I was starting to stress about missing kick off.

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

It begs the question tho as to why a drink outlet is card only. How many people pay by card at football........:facepalm:

You may not have noticed, but paying by cash is dying out. Young people pay for everything by contactless card.

It was CASH  only!

Well done to that generous chap !

I tried to pay for a pasty and a pint with a cheque earlier and got laughed at. No knight in shining armour in the queue to pay for mine sadly. I'll bring cash next time! 

Archived