IGNORED

Brentford v City radio commentary on all frequencies tuesday night

Never to the dark side

1 minute ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Anyone anyone how to listen to the game via iPhone? Think it's not available online via streams just FM 

Same problem.  I don't own a radio any more (aside from in the car, and I'm not gonna sit in the car for the next 90 mins!)
Logged in to Radio Bristol online, and just as they're about to kick off the feed is cut "for contractual reasons".

So, where the hell can I listen to this shit!  Yours, ******* frustrated.

Just now, Harry said:

Same problem.  I don't own a radio any more (aside from in the car, and I'm not gonna sit in the car for the next 90 mins!)
Logged in to Radio Bristol online, and just as they're about to kick off the feed is cut "for contractual reasons".

Yep same situation. Don't have a subscription to player either so can't listen on there. Don't think there's any way round it either! Annoying 

14 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Yep same situation. Don't have a subscription to player either so can't listen on there. Don't think there's any way round it either! Annoying 

I don't get it?  Radio Bristol have 4 outlets - FM, MW, DAB & Online.
The game is being broadcast live on 3 of those 4 mediums.  Why is there a different contractual right to listening online?

6 minutes ago, Harry said:

The game is being broadcast live on 3 of those 4 mediums.  Why is there a different contractual right to listening online?

God knows. I've resorted to streaming 5 live on my phone. Sporadic updates of our game but full commentary of Liverpool unfortunately.

I don't think the new version of player has an app, hopefully that's in development.

8 minutes ago, Harry said:

It's geographical, it's to stop people outside the area tuning in so we have to pay £45

its always been that way, I'm always surprised when others are surprised about this.

26 minutes ago, Harry said:

Hello ******* frustrated,

You can get a FM Radio app for your smartphone if you have such a thing. You'll need headphones though. Doesn't work without them. 

Hope this helps.

4 minutes ago, Chris_Brown said:

Hello ******* frustrated,

You can get a FM Radio app for your smartphone if you have such a thing. You'll need headphones though. Doesn't work without them. 

Hope this helps.

Thanks Chris.

In normal circumstances this would be very helpful.  However, I need to upgrade my phone as I'm out of memory and can't even take a photo at the moment, let alone download an app!  First world problems eh.

1 minute ago, Harry said:

Thanks Chris.

In normal circumstances this would be very helpful.  However, I need to upgrade my phone as I'm out of memory and can't even take a photo at the moment, let alone download an app!  First world problems eh.

Have you checked that there isn't one preinstalled as Archie says above? 

Just called "FM Radio" on my Android device. They are unremoveable bloatware so it will be there still if it came preinstalled. 

3 minutes ago, Chris_Brown said:

Have you checked that there isn't one preinstalled as Archie says above? 

Just called "FM Radio" on my Android device. They are unremoveable bloatware so it will be there still if it came preinstalled. 

no mate.  I think there might've once been, but I deleted it - got rid of almost everything that was pre-installed to spare some bytes!

Cheers for your help bud.  But I'm gonna give up now and order myself a new radio.  Or just go and sit in the car!

Archived