IGNORED

They're just waiting for it...

SStandUp

Anyone else feel like a large number of City fans are just waiting for it to go wrong?

We got outplayed by a team that is realistically better than us, a well established championship team.  When their 2nd went in, social media went into absolute Meltdown, and the Johnson out folk seemed to be clearing their throats (despite us being very impressive this year).

There just seems to be a massive reluctance to like Johnson. Maybe it's because he proved people wrong at the back end of last year and left them red faces? But even when he first joined, there's this uneasy feeling towards Johnson? 

We weren't great tonight, but we were playing one of he better footballing teams in the league and despite the obviously deluded majority, we're not going to outplay everyone.

I personally feel very good about this season, LJ has got us playing some unbelievable stuff, some of the best many of us have seen in years.

But there's still a reluctance of some sort. Shame, because the blokes devoted his love for the club and I can really see us building something good under him! 

Up the City. 

Sorry fella but that is blind optimism.

Few questions with all due respect,

1. How did he prove people wrong? He was in charge all season and we escaped relegation by a whisker?

2. He stated that he needed 3 windows, that is a certifiable quote - are we any better placed than when he joined in Feb 2016?

3. Brentford are a decent side but are they going to be pushing the play-offs?

4. Do you really believe people want the club to fail? Answer = they don't 

5. What has improved since last season?

6. What evidence is there that he is not a trainee who should be learning at a much lower level?

And finally, where does your optimism came from, do you truly believe that this season will not be another relegation struggle? If so, why?

2 minutes ago, ScottishRed said:

1. How did he prove people wrong? He was in charge all season and we escaped relegation by a whisker?

2. He stated that he needed 3 windows, that is a certifiable quote - are we any better placed than when he joined in Feb 2016?

6. What evidence is there that he is not a trainee who should be learning at a much lower level?

And finally, where does your optimism came from, do you truly believe that this season will not be another relegation struggle? If so, why?

1. "We're going down under Johnson" - kept us up

2. Hard to answer, 3 games in. But we're a more experienced side, who seem capable of playing very good football. 

3. Yes 

4. They want Johnson to fail. People hate him.

5. Game Vs. Barnslsy and Birmingham involved some of the best football we've played in years. If you can't recognise this, you don't understand football.

6. If he was inept, then he would of took us down last year. 

And finally, I garuntee we won't be fighting relegation this year. 

I want him to do well as he is the manager of my team but I cant get past the record run of defeats last year and a cluster of other bollox that are well documented. I cant wipe the slate clean im afraid, I dont like the man, either as a past city player or manager and i look forward to the day he is eventually sacked, it doesnt mean i support the team any less and I have pretty much given up slagging him off. The Lj love in brigade will probably slag me for the above but it is what it is, I will be around supporting city a long time after he has buggered off.

Johnson has a lot to learn and I'd rather he was learning the ropes somewhere else. If he went tomorrow what other club would pick him up? no one in this league thats for sure.

I don't understand the love in with Johnson, he should have been run out of town last christmas, is this genuinely the best we can get to run this club? 

1. How did he prove people wrong? He was in charge all season and we escaped relegation by a whisker? Yes we were in trouble for a large part of the season but he turned it around and we survived, technically in a higher place the previous season but all that and the money spent has all been covered to death so lets not again. 

2. He stated that he needed 3 windows, that is a certifiable quote - are we any better placed than when he joined in Feb 2016? I would say yes, we had a small squad when he came in, this had been bolstered and the quality of football from what I've seen so far this year has looked of a higher quality too (wasn't there tonight so can't comment although it sounds like we tried to sit back when we took the lead, I don't remember a manager at City whose been able to do that since Johnson Snr).

3. Brentford are a decent side but are they going to be pushing the play-offs? They may not be pushing play offs but they're a solid mid table team who were playing at home and a team who score a lot of goals, a point there is no disgrace.

4. Do you really believe people want the club to fail? Answer = they don't People may not want the club to fail but SOME people want Johnson to fail, well seen by last season.

5. What has improved since last season? As said, the quality and style of football we try to play looks a lot more exciting with potential.

6. What evidence is there that he is not a trainee who should be learning at a much lower level? That he has roughly a 40% win record in the championship, very respectable, just the awful middle third of the season casts a big shadow over that. 

And finally, where does your optimism came from, do you truly believe that this season will not be another relegation struggle? If so, why? I don't believe we will be in a relegation struggle, will we be top 6? I doubt it, will we be mid table? Maybe, but I don't believe we will be fighting for our lives in the division. I believe Bobby will come good this season on early form and be (maybe not a revelation) but a big player for us. I don't think we'll be missing Tammy as much as people were predicting. With him upfront we looked to him for goals, I think we'll see a much more even spread of goals across the team this year but still scoring at least a similar amount. 

1 minute ago, ForeverRes said:

1. "We're going down under Johnson" - kept us up

2. Hard to answer, 3 games in. But we're a more experienced side, who seem capable of playing very good football. 

3. Yes 

4. They want Johnson to fail. People hate him.

5. Game Vs. Barnslsy and Birmingham involved some of the best football we've played in years. If you can't recognise this, you don't understand football.

6. If he was inept, then he would of took us down last year. 

And finally, I garuntee we won't be fighting relegation this year. 

1. He got us into that mess when we had one of the best strikers in the league.

2. Really? Please give examples of that 'experience '?

3. They won't, but then  I ' don't understand football '

4. Wrong, they think he is not ready for this league and maybe is subject to 'outside' influence 

5. Barnsley were woefully, Brumnot much better.

6. He so nearly did and there is no evidence to support the theory that this year he just might!.

Finally, there are no guarantees in football but then again I know nothing about it!

7 minutes ago, ForeverRes said:

They deserve relentless bashing. 77mins into game 3 people were calling for Johnsons head. 

Despite obvious progression on the field in the first 2 games. 

No they don't. Barnsley are a raped side, Plymouth made 9 changes, we couldn't react to Brum changes on Saturday, tonight we went awol for almost the entire game....save for Frankie Fielding we would have been absolutely destroyed tonight. All that glistens isn't necessarily gold.

4 minutes ago, ScottishRed said:

4. Wrong, they think he is not ready for this league and maybe is subject to 'outside' influence 

Wrong, some of the abuse Johnson took last season on here and on social media was nothing short of disgusting. 

24 minutes ago, ScottishRed said:

Also the millions hes spent that dont feature another 2 million bench warmer just purchased

7 minutes ago, hodge said:

Wrong, some of the abuse Johnson took last season on here and on social media was nothing short of disgusting. 

Totally agree on that there is no justification for personal abuse ever.

However questioning his ability to be able to do his job - without any abuse - is valid.

As it is in any workplace, although this has a way higher profile as it is professional sport.

Totally agree on that there is no justification for personal abuse ever.

However questioning his ability to be able to do his job - without any abuse - is valid.

As it is in any workplace, although this has a way higher profile as it is professional sport.

No doubt, I was just making the point that some people do seemingly just hate Johnson and want him out for that reason. 

26 minutes ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

Johnson has a lot to learn and I'd rather he was learning the ropes somewhere else. If he went tomorrow what other club would pick him up? no one in this league thats for sure.

I don't understand the love in with Johnson, he should have been run out of town last christmas, is this genuinely the best we can get to run this club? 

Spot on. It really is that simple.

The wheels are now in motion for yet another repeat of last season. If Lansdown repeats his show of stubbornness I can't bare to have anything to do with the club sadly. 

45 minutes ago, ForeverRes said:

Anyone else feel like a large number of City fans are just waiting for it to go wrong?

We got outplayed by a team that is realistically better than us, a well established championship team.  When their 2nd went in, social media went into absolute Meltdown, and the Johnson out folk seemed to be clearing their throats (despite us being very impressive this year).

There just seems to be a massive reluctance to like Johnson. Maybe it's because he proved people wrong at the back end of last year and left them red faces? But even when he first joined, there's this uneasy feeling towards Johnson? 

We weren't great tonight, but we were playing one of he better footballing teams in the league and despite the obviously deluded majority, we're not going to outplay everyone.

I personally feel very good about this season, LJ has got us playing some unbelievable stuff, some of the best many of us have seen in years.

But there's still a reluctance of some sort. Shame, because the blokes devoted his love for the club and I can really see us building something good under him! 

Up the City. 

Sorry but already Eliasson is the forgotten man after one week. Hegeler was signed to build a team around according to LJ, chucked in at the back then dropped. Ignores the fact that we have sold a schemer in a Tomlin and not replaced him with anyone creative. We look like a team of workers which is nice if you like that sort of thing but we do lack dominant players particularly away from home. LJ is here for the long haul even if we finish 4th bottom so we had better get used to it.  You can't blame the fans for being frustrated after taking big numbers to both games. I was there at both and feel disappointed with one point when we have a tough run coming up after Millwall. Brentford FC with their support, stadium and budget should not be outplaying us like Barcelona!

19 minutes ago, ScottishRed said:

Really? Please give examples of that 'experience '?

The fact that we've dug in and picked up a point tonight despite not being in the game? I don't think that ever happened last year. Could represent progress and experience?

I don't like LJ and I would rather he wasn't at our club, but christ this negativity is utterly draining. We were all so positive before tonight and we haven't even lost the game. 

1 hour ago, Wanderingred said:

The fact that we've dug in and picked up a point tonight despite not being in the game? I don't think that ever happened last year. Could represent progress and experience?

I don't like LJ and I would rather he wasn't at our club, but christ this negativity is utterly draining. We were all so positive before tonight and we haven't even lost the game. 

Tonight it was sheer luck and a motm performance from FF imo.

2 minutes ago, Wanderingred said:

I was going to like this....But felt I had to say SPOT THE **** ON!

55 minutes ago, ForeverRes said:

Up the City. 

Top post

1 minute ago, tts_city said:

Tonight it was sheer luck and a motm performance from FF imo.

Wait, wait a minute. We lost undeservedly at Brum not because they were lucky but because we are apparently tactically clueless, a soft touch and mentally weak.. Yet the same people are saying that an undeserved point tonight was just "sheer luck" and give us no credit for our fightback? That makes no sense. It has to work both ways.

1 hour ago, Wanderingred said:

Wait, wait a minute. We lost undeservedly at Brum not because they were lucky but because we are apparently tactically clueless, a soft touch and mentally weak.. Yet the same people are saying that an undeserved point tonight was just "sheer luck" and give us no credit for our fightback? That makes no sense. It has to work both ways.

I have to ask did you watch it ? Our goalmouth was doing a good impression of the alamo. I dont think we lost undesevedly at brum we were outhought by a better manager.

1 hour ago, ForeverRes said:

Up the City. 

This was my tweet tonight.

i'm not a LJ fan particularly, but I saw the meltdowns on twitter and the match day thread.  Creases me up, and winds me up too.

1 hour ago, ForeverRes said:

Up the City. 

When do you hope to see progress?

I'm fed up with being battered away from home what is it now 5 wins from 27 away games. Bring Flint back in and play 5-3-2 away from home no team can withstand that kind of pressure we did tonight and be successful in this league.

Something has to change whether we were lucky tonight or not the away form has to be much better than it is.

Archived