IGNORED

They're just waiting for it...

SStandUp

5 hours ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

And I think that there is many more willing to ignore the similarities already between this and last season and those similarities should sounding alarm bells.

LJ got away with it big time last night, what did he say post Saturday's game "they have got to learn and learn fast" and yes credit for keeping on keeping on but exactly what lessons did it look as though the team had learned yesterday from Saturday?.

Nobody wants us to fail. Why would we? The fact is we continuously fail to progress and challenge at this level. 

3 minutes ago, tinman85 said:

Nobody wants us to fail. Why would we? The fact is we continuously fail to progress and challenge at this level. 

Question for you then..

If you had inside information that we HAD to win at home vs Millwall next game otherwise LJ gets sacked.. would you want us to lose that game to see him go? 

20 hours ago, ForeverRes said:

They deserve relentless bashing. 77mins into game 3 people were calling for Johnsons head. 

Despite obvious progression on the field in the first 2 games. 

"they deserve relentless bashing"?

Just the three of them or all people doubting LJ? 

29 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Question for you then..

If you had inside information that we HAD to win at home vs Millwall next game otherwise LJ gets sacked.. would you want us to lose that game to see him go? 

Well it's a no from me, never ever.

I am not convinced by him, I was never convinced by him as a player but I want my club just to improve and just be consistent and consolidate themselves in the championship and compete, just to make us fans believe and if he is that man and I hope that he will be then fair play to him.

I see too much that is not right for me to see that happening.

I can see the style of football that he wants to play and I get that, but I remain unconvinced by many of his signings, I remain unconvinced by his constant playing players out of position and at the moment I see a lot of de ja vu from last season.

42 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Question for you then..

No different to asking you.... If you had the luxury of a crystal ball and you knew now that come April we'll be in the relegation zone, would you want him sacked now? 

7 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

No different to asking you.... If you had the luxury of a crystal ball and you knew now that come April we'll be in the relegation zone, would you want him sacked now? 

The answer would have to be yes.

It's a straw man argument as i'm sure you're aware. We have no way of knowing which makes my question totally different.

46 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Question for you then..

The challenge I'd have in honestly answering that question is my lack of confidence that he'd be replaced by anyone better...for me, not a believer in Lee Johnson's current abilities and a sceptic about his potential to lead us to success at this level, the medium term challenge for Bristol City is to find managerial talent with the proven experience to take us forward. There's no guarantee that Steve Lansdown would go for the sort of manager I'd propose that we need...we'd probably get a member of the current backroom team!

2 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

The challenge I'd have in honestly answering that question is my lack of confidence that he'd be replaced by anyone better...for me, not a believer in Lee Johnson's current abilities and a sceptic about his potential to lead us to success at this level, the medium term challenge for Bristol City is to find managerial talent with the proven experience to take us forward. There's no guarantee that Steve Lansdown would go for the sort of manager I'd propose that we need...we'd probably get a member of the current backroom team!

I can't imagine us bringing in a firebrand character like Warnock or Nigel Pearson. It would have to be someone who buys into our system and way of doing things. Limits our options somewhat.

Archived