IGNORED

Đurić out for two months

MC RISK77

Were we not aware some time ago that Đurić was out long term???...was always a strange decision to let Gus go back home in the circumstances with so few options available.

Unsure of timescale placed on Taylor returning,gone quiet on that front-serious pressure on Ashton/Johnson to sort a striking loan,and they must deliver.

42 minutes ago, Robert the bruce said:

Were we not aware some time ago that Đurić was out long term???...was always a strange decision to let Gus go back home in the circumstances with so few options available.

It's a fair question. I have been expecting an announcement of this nature for a while. It seemed pretty obvious that Đurić must have a relatively serious problem that was not responding to treatment. There may of course be some extenuating circumstance that we're unaware of that would account for the slow response to the situation, but on the face of it they do seem to have been sleepwalking into something of a mini-crisis with regard to strikers, knowing that Taylor was still some way off, Wilbs was going to be released from his contract and allowed to leave and then sanctioning Engvall's loan. Three forwards missing who might reasonably have been expected to be in and around the first team leaves a sizeable gap in your match day squad, even if they wouldn't necessarily have been seen as automatic choices to start games. Recruiting is a tricky process and one doesn't wish to be over-critical of everything the club does or fails to do, but they do appear to have been slow to see this issue coming. Flap on now to find cover with just a couple of weeks left to act. A loan would seem the best solution in an ideal world, given that we're talking about cover for long-term injury absence.

According to the official site he will be out for 9-12 weeks, https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/groin-surgery-sidelines-Đurić/

I anticipate we will soon hear about an incoming loanee from a Premiership team. Clifton Cliff IMO describes the situation well and I'm confident there is lots of activity behind the scenes.

1 hour ago, Super said:

Another Andy Carroll.

38 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

He's actually very good in my opinion, but with his injury record he's becoming a bit of a liability.

Arguably a bit harsh and maybe a tad premature, but I agree it's a concern. At least we're talking about one ongoing injury, or at any rate injuries affecting one site (hernia op, groin injury, etc.) and therefore probably connected, rather than a succession of unrelated problems in different locations, which is usually when you start to label someone as injury-prone. 

As City's medical team will know far better than I, groin injuries can be niggling and persistent, often difficult to diagnose, manage and treat. Even after surgery, which I get the impression can be a bit hit-and-miss for this particular kind of condition, there often remains a nagging worry. It's a shame, because like Phileas I think he's handy - he's a physical presence, doesn't miss much in the air and his hold up play with back to goal is decent - and I thought he might have an important role to play this season.

He still might, of course, but in the meantime we've got to negotiate a minimum of a couple of months being light up top, and the recruitment of another striker, which until very recently I would have said was optional, now becomes a rather pressing need. Last night's game illustrated that, as far as I could tell from radio commentary and OTIB match thread comments. I kept hearing about the ball not sticking up front and pressure coming straight back on us, and even a strong midfield is likely to get over-run after an hour of that. We did well to nick a point in the circumstances: Brentford may have started with two poor results, but they are a good side with some excellent players and, for a small club with only a 12,000 seat stadium and presumably not a huge amount of wealth, they seem to be able to persuade some very good individuals to join them (Canos; Jota; Watkins). I wonder how that works... 

Looking at what we were quoted for Vassell getting in a striker is going to be very difficult. Seems Johnson is stuck in his way with the formation so only one out and out striker is likely to start a game. I don't think we should be spending large sums and offering a contract for a striker in that case (not after Diedhou), even though we look short.

Personally, shocked that we have let Engval go but we have. I think our best option is to get a strong but out of favour forward in on a loan and paying for it if we need to; that minimises headaches. A loan of the types of Odemwingie or Tomlin would be the ideal I think. McCormack is the obvious example, but certainly not suggesting that a hole.

1 hour ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

Johnson said last week he wants a striker but it's likely to be a loan ( a tacit admission of defeat in the pursuit of Vassell - Brum at that point had not confirmed his signing).

So likely to be a loan from a Prem team and we're having to wait until they finalise their 25 man squads. Anyone remind me of the date they do this?

After the transfer window shuts .

Yea think we definitely  need to get someone in, Prem teams may not announce their squads but they will be close to knowing, so they should be well aware of who they re prepared to let go on loan in the near future.

Was anyone else struck by in Holdens pre match piece that when asked about strikers was not only talking about Taylor and Đurić but also Garita as well, does that mean he's closer to the first team than I or others thought?

2 hours ago, CliftonCliff said:

Arguably a bit harsh and maybe a tad premature, but I agree it's a concern. At least we're talking about one ongoing injury, or at any rate injuries affecting one site (hernia op, groin injury, etc.) and therefore probably connected, rather than a succession of unrelated problems in different locations, which is usually when you start to label someone as injury-prone. 

As City's medical team will know far better than I, groin injuries can be niggling and persistent, often difficult to diagnose, manage and treat. Even after surgery, which I get the impression can be a bit hit-and-miss for this particular kind of condition, there often remains a nagging worry. It's a shame, because like Phileas I think he's handy - he's a physical presence, doesn't miss much in the air and his hold up play with back to goal is decent - and I thought he might have an important role to play this season.

He still might, of course, but in the meantime we've got to negotiate a minimum of a couple of months being light up top, and the recruitment of another striker, which until very recently I would have said was optional, now becomes a rather pressing need. Last night's game illustrated that, as far as I could tell from radio commentary and OTIB match thread comments. I kept hearing about the ball not sticking up front and pressure coming straight back on us, and even a strong midfield is likely to get over-run after an hour of that. We did well to nick a point in the circumstances: Brentford may have started with two poor results, but they are a good side with some excellent players and, for a small club with only a 12,000 seat stadium and presumably not a huge amount of wealth, they seem to be able to persuade some very good individuals to join them (Canos; Jota; Watkins). I wonder how that works... 

Without wishing to stereotype- foreign players in particular, love London. Factor in Brentford is West London and that is a big pull.

That and perhaps they see it as a useful stepping stone, perhaps with a view to move to a bigger club or a bigger London club. Regardless, West London gives them a big advantage over comparative sized clubs...even if Brentford itself isn't such a great area.

I gave my analysis a few weeks ago regarding Đurić and his groin injury. If the club really believed he was going to back in the next week or so, then the medical team should be sacked. That's absolute poor analysis on their behalf. 

Problem now is for the rest of his career he will have to include daily work just to keep the issue at bay. Perhaps the club could hire me to privately train Đurić, and aid his injury. As the medical staff seem to be doing bugger all. 

14 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Seems to be a bit of a pointless signing now. Always injured. Surely we must've known about this before signing him?

Said this recently. Has been very injury prone and when he has played hasn't exactly set the world on fire. Need to splash the cash. 

In my opinion the main reason we lost control of the game at Brentford was Diedhiou,s inability to hold the ball up. I like Diedhiou but think he will take a little time to adjust to the Championship. Đurić could have been the perfect answer but never seems to be fit, therefore I think we have to find a forward who can hold up the ball asap. If LJ is confident Đurić can return soon then a loan would be ideal, if not then maybe a permanent signing.

3 hours ago, Grey Fox said:

In my opinion the main reason we lost control of the game at Brentford was Diedhiou,s inability to hold the ball up. I like Diedhiou but think he will take a little time to adjust to the Championship. Đurić could have been the perfect answer but never seems to be fit, therefore I think we have to find a forward who can hold up the ball asap. If LJ is confident Đurić can return soon then a loan would be ideal, if not then maybe a permanent signing.

He hardly had the service.... TBF and he did look laboured anyway. The lack of striking options was all to clear to see and that is down to MA and LJ....

A reason amongst many  . Whenever Fammy got the ball he was surrounded by Brentford players and had few options open to him .

I firmly believe we lost the battle in midfield. 

Defence stood firm for most of the time but resorted to long balls as there was no one offering themselves in the middle.

We looked like a plucky lower division side up against a top team in the cup . 

I put it down to tactics and fatigue.

Our pressing game is very wearing , even when done intelligently.

A reason amongst many  . Whenever Fammy got the ball he was surrounded by Brentford players and had few options open to him .

I firmly believe we lost the battle in midfield. 

Defence stood firm for most of the time but resorted to long balls as there was no one offering themselves in the middle.

We looked like a plucky lower division side up against a top team in the cup . 

I put it down to tactics and fatigue.

Our pressing game is very wearing , even when done intelligently.

I think  Pisano and Fammy looked tired , evidently not used to the attrition of this tough, tough league.

damn you technology .

:igiveup:

17 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Surely you are not paving the way for a suggestion that [gulp] Đurić's injury is the fault of none other than - LEE JOHNSON?  Damn the man, his power is beyond imagination.

I think it's your warped imagination that has got the better you.

11 hours ago, shelts said:

Shame he's long term and the gas ed ain't fit yet . I would expect to see a new player in pretty quickly 

He's not a gas ed, he's a City player and apparently will be back soon. Just hope more of our fans get behind him this season . If we get the right striker in I can see plenty of assists from Matty and the odd goal or two thrown in for good measure

3 hours ago, MarkRed! said:

He hardly had the service.... TBF and he did look laboured anyway. The lack of striking options was all to clear to see and that is down to MA and LJ....

Are MA and L J responsible for both Đurić and Taylor being injured? And is it wrong to give an opportunity to a youngster lke Hinds?

Archived