IGNORED

Cider

Negan

Oi oi 

i was just wondering, what's everyone's favourite cider? It seems in the last 12 months Cider has exploded and now every tom dick and Harry brewery are making their own brand. I saw a Jack Daniels cider today! Not sure how long that's been going on for but it's a first for me! 

So do we like proper old school cider, or do we like some of this fruiter stuff? 

For me its Thatchers. Any of theirs is a winner but Haze and Gold is always the go to.. 

5 minutes ago, Tuggin over Tomlin said:

Oi oi 

i was just wondering, what's everyone's favourite cider? It seems in the last 12 months Cider has exploded and now every tom dick and Harry brewery are making their own brand. I saw a Jack Daniels cider today! Not sure how long that's been going on for but it's a first for me! 

So do we like proper old school cider, or do we like some of this fruiter stuff? 

For me its Thatchers. Any of theirs is a winner but Haze and Gold is always the go to.. 

A new one out from thatchers......the big apple. Available from the cider bar in concourse.....easy to drink but could knock you bandy after a few, give it a go!

Henry Westons number 1, you can taste the oak. Couple of those and you're gone. 

Thatchers Traditional was pretty good in the rising sun last season but they have stopped doing it now. But they got Old Rosie so I'm happy. 

(Just waiting for someone to mention a raspberry / blueberry flavour cider to see the reaction it gets).

Anything with rat parts in it for me - has to come from a barn on a proper farm, vats with the lid left off for them to get in.

"Proper" cider.

tfj

Thatchers haze is taking over thatchers gold in sales. Was told this on the thatchers tour. Not keen on them myself too sweet for me. Tried old rascal there though and it is very nice on draught but loses its taste in the bottles I find.

I like Sheppy's single apple ciders - Dabinett or Kingston Black. However you don't see them around much (well here anyway).

Anyone been to this place on the A27 just east of Brighton which boldly advertises itself as the national cider collection:

http://www.middlefarm.com/cider-barn/

I haven't been in a long time but you used to be able to taste from the many barrels.

Love all these ciders but I can only manage one or two without getting a stonking hangover; I think it's the sulphites used to stop fermentation as I don't get it with beer.

The only cider of which I can drink a lot is Woodpecker cider (Hereford lightning!) though I wouldn't claim it as the best one.

074176.jpg?v=20170514122441

13 hours ago, Tuggin over Tomlin said:

Oi oi 

Agree with your sentiments. Big fan of Haze atm, so refreshing and easy to drink. Gold/Dry always a shout.

As for non-Thatchers brands, I'm a big fan of Happy Daze and of course, Roger Wilkins' Cider Farm own blend, which is lovely, flat and cloudy.

8 hours ago, jambodinho said:

Thatcher's Old Rascal, Orchard Pig Reveller and Ashton Press. Stunned when I see someone locally drinking strongbow or blackthorn when there are so many better locally produced ciders. 

Forgot about Ashton Press, a lovely blend!

Archived