IGNORED

Loan watch 2017/18 Season

GrahamC

Good little video here of Torquays win on Saturday.

Nice goal by Dowling and some enterprising work in the lead up to the 3rd goal too. I have to say that he looks a good physical specimen, maybe carrying a couple of extra pounds though?  He also looks to have settled in with the players and the crowd judging by their goal celebrations. 

As this radio bristol tinnion interview focuses on the loan system and the players we have on loan, this seemed a good place to provide a link. http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p05tx75h

Also, I was chatting to a Newport season ticket holder the other day on the train who said he feels Mcgoalsky has a lot of talent and could reach championship level or even higher, but he feels at the moment he is too "raw" to play at that level. He said that whilst he certainly has the physical attributes, he is not yet fast enough "in the head" and needs to work on what he described as his "game sense." That is why he feels their manager preferes playing him as an impact sub as the tiredness of the opposing defenders negates some of this thinking delay and enables the physical power etc to be used to best effect. He added he was very impressed with what he has seen. I feel this bodes well for the future.

Don't shoot the messenger.

On 05/02/2018 at 11:02, Port Said Red said:

Good little video here of Torquays win on Saturday.

Nice goal by Dowling and some enterprising work in the lead up to the 3rd goal too. I have to say that he looks a good physical specimen, maybe carrying a couple of extra pounds though?  He also looks to have settled in with the players and the crowd judging by their goal celebrations. 

Torquay play some nice football from the look of that, how are they down where they are? That 3rd goal wouldn't look out of place in the Championship

38 minutes ago, bcfctim said:

Torquay play some nice football from the look of that, how are they down where they are? That 3rd goal wouldn't look out of place in the Championship

I know they had injuries to key players and Dowling himself was out due to injury and then suspension. They do seem to have played a lot of the top sides in recent weeks, without being thrashed, Barrow are near the bottom themselves though.

Dowling a serious prospect. Spoke to a WSM fan for the podcast about the 17/18 loanees but he talked at length about Dowling afterwards and how outstanding he was. I know Liam Walsh and Bakinson recently signed but I’d be surprised if Dowling doesn’t get into the first team squad in the next few years. 

10 hours ago, Shtanley said:

Dowling a serious prospect. Spoke to a WSM fan for the podcast about the 17/18 loanees but he talked at length about Dowling afterwards and how outstanding he was. I know Liam Walsh and Bakinson recently signed but I’d be surprised if Dowling doesn’t get into the first team squad in the next few years. 

I have seen him a few times and for me he just looks the part. He looks like a footballer. He isn’t small and looks like he will have a big build but is still fluid in his movements, a good athlete. He has a variety of passes in his locker. Only thing I haven’t seen from him is defensive work but in games I have seen(u23) they tend to get the ball to the wingers and not so much through the middle. 

I would keep him around the first team next season. At least the first half then see if we can get him a good loan if he doesn’t work his way closer to starting. 

6 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Anyone know what's up with our Cheltenham loanees? Moore on the bench tonight, but no sign of Morrell or Andrews.

From their website...

"Joe Morrell will undergo a fitness test after a groin injury while Jake Andrews is a doubt after missing training in the week to attend the birth of his daughter."

Taylor Moore has just returned from a 3 match ban, which would explain him being on the bench.

50 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Disappointing that Taylor Moore can't get himself back in the Cheltenham side. He's on the bench today, but Morrell back in starting line up. Jonny Smith is on the bench again for Fylde. Good news is that Mccoulsky starts. Vyner moved to right back for Plymouth as their usual right back is ill. Plavotic still does not get start for Barnet.

Early booking for Dowling at Torquay.

18 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

Cracking win for Argyle and Zac away at Oxford. They`re only one point off the playoffs now and are on a belting run - won their last six on the bounce.

This certainly won`t be doing his confidence any harm at all.

Apparently Zak looked less confident at full back than Centre back according to the Argyle forum, interesting as I've always considered him a right back

17 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

Apparently Zak looked less confident at full back than Centre back according to the Argyle forum, interesting as I've always considered him a right back

He sees himself as a CB I think and so do the club. it`s probably because we`ve only seen him at RB that we as fans think that`s his position.

42 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

According to sky George Dowling is playing as a loan striker tonight.

So a loan on loan striker.

Wow thats a bit weird, good learning for him though. They have scored 2 goals against 5th place Sutton Utd so sounds like he is leading the line well.

4 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Not sure how bad Burton have to get before they will give Plavotic a chance.

Considering they just best Barnsley and don't have Platovic on loan, quite a bit worse I'd imagine ;)

Surprised he isn't getting game time at Barnet, was good for Cheltenham last year and would certainly strengthen their defence

13 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

Considering they just best Barnsley and don't have Platovic on loan, quite a bit worse I'd imagine ;)

Surprised he isn't getting game time at Barnet, was good for Cheltenham last year and would certainly strengthen their defence

I think you will like my reason for editing my original post.

43 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Quite a few Plymouth fans saying how good Vyner is and how well he played at centre back in Plymouth's 1-0 win. If he's becoming a high end league one centre half at 20, surely he will go on to be good enough for us in a few years.

He seems to have settled in really well next to Sonny Bradley who is a real hard case so no doubt Zac is reaping the benefits of that. If there`s a forward that needs roughing up, Sonny`s your man!

Archived