IGNORED

Carabao Cup TV games

Barry

1 hour ago, Neo said:

I’m sure 75% of neutrals would rather watch Swansea v Man Utd than Bristol City v Crystal Palace.

Get over it FFS !!

think that more people watch (in person) non-Premiershit games than Premiershit, on an average weekend in the UK.

Why would those people rather watch two foreign teams slug it out for the 15th time?  [I agree with your statement for foreign viewers]

Anyway, Sky will have to show us for the quarterfinal*.

*Assuming we draw ManUre.

15 minutes ago, Chivs said:

think that more people watch (in person) non-Premiershit games than Premiershit, on an average weekend in the UK.

Why would those people rather watch two foreign teams slug it out for the 15th time?  [I agree with your statement for foreign viewers]

Nah, you just know that we would be the first team in over a decade to have a cup match against them not televised.

Instead they'd put on Man Citeh vs Chelski and Spurs vs Arsenal.

1 hour ago, Super said:

Pep is not a fan obviously. If teams don't want to play in it let then drop out but they are then out for good.

'A waste of energy!' Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola admits he is no fan of the Carabao Cup

Him and Jose particularly vocal about it, so ask those two what about the clubs who don't compete in europe? I wonder how much we've made this season and last by reaching the 4th round. 

55 minutes ago, RUSSEL85 said:

City v Norwich QF - They will ignore us ;)

During City's run to the semi final in 1988-89 season, the only live game was the home leg of the semi v Forest.

ITV had the TV rights and publicly announced the first leg at Nottingham would be sooo one sided, that it would not make good entertainment for the viewers. Instead they showed Luton v West Ham which was a 3-0 home win. I seem to recall ITV apologised to viewers afterwards for only showing highlights of City's draw at Forest.

1 hour ago, Chivs said:

Your post would be readable if it said Premiership - you know that league we are trying to get in too.

22 minutes ago, Neo said:

Your post would be readable if it said Premiership - you know that league we are trying to get in too.

It looks like you understood my post.

I have absolutely no interest in getting to the Premiershit.  My football dream is that we get promoted to that slimy little league and Lansdown says "No thanks.  We'll stay in the Championship".

Scudamore might sit up and listen at long last.

2 hours ago, AppyDAZE said:

To pick Man U at home to Burton the other night was a truly pathetic decision by Sky. I made a point of not even switching it on, in all honesty.

Love football, hate Sky

I haven't watched a live Manu game for years. The fact that I can't stand anything about them might be the reason.

I Have watched them play in the flesh against US, WBA ,. Arsenal, even the Sags, and never saw them win!!!

17 hours ago, AppyDAZE said:

To pick Man U at home to Burton the other night was a truly pathetic decision by Sky. I made a point of not even switching it on, in all honesty.

Love football, hate Sky

Why was it? Sky is all about the money and man utd has the biggest fan base in the world so that means most couch potatoes. By putting on another game is potentially risking loads of those fans to watch something different. Unfortunately this is the sad state football is in in this country

Archived