IGNORED

Fam

gordie

Just wondered have people's opinions about him changed at all, lot of people saying he was a waste of money after a few games, I have missed last few games so haven't seen how he has performed but he has certainly hit the goal trail, hopefully he is settling into a new country and club and things will only get better.

6 minutes ago, Super said:

Thought he was pretty poor yesterday as were many in fairness. Had a fairly decent start though sure he will get better.

Funny how people's opinions can differ so wildly. Someone on a different thread described him as 'brilliant' last night. I'm with Super, though I wouldn't use the word 'poor' - The whole team just did what was needed last night and not really any more.

I really wouldn't underestimate the 'dirty' work that Fam does very well. Yes goals are important but there is alot more to his game. I think, for the most part, he holds the ball up very well and causes the opposition alot of problems. This is a vital part of his game as it means Bobby can play off him and the two of them seem to link up very well. I also think his presence creates space for others. He is quite often double marked (CB behind, DM in front) which again creates space for others. I think he works the channel well too. And now he has started scoring goals. I am very happy with him, especially at this early time of his City career.

He has a big adjustment to make, new league, new language, no family, new country. I think he will get better and better as the season goes on.

28 minutes ago, gordie said:

Just wondered have people's opinions about him changed at all, lot of people saying he was a waste of money after a few games,

And it was silly to do that. Clearly he needed a run of games before people judged.

28 minutes ago, gordie said:

I have missed last few games so haven't seen how he has performed but he has certainly hit the goal trail, hopefully he is settling into a new country and club and things will only get better.

Well his goal record is over par for me. Ideally I like strikers to be hitting a ratio of just over 1 in 3 which he’s doing. Haven’t been to last couple of games, so can’t comment on performances.

looks like a player struggling to cope with the championship to me, but every game he plays he improves a little,

I think Kodja also struggled but was masked by a whole heap of other problems that season,

I think after xmas we will start to see the player we spent all that money on

I worry about the chances we create. I know it sounds stupid, but I think we're being very clinical at the moment without necessarily creating too many clear cut chances. 

The exception to this was when Woodrow started up front against Derby. I thought the link up play up top was a hundred times better that day. 

That being said, Diedhiou is definitely getting better. But I wonder if Woodrow is better for the team?

5 minutes ago, kevthered said:

I would say it was close between him and Joe Bryan.....Fammy worked his socks off last night against a stubborn defence and scored a good goal, he holds the ball up brilliantly and as others said made space for others. It was pretty close for me

All about opinions. I agree though about Bryan and for me he was MOM.

Runs "the channels" really well I think, does a proper target mans job,  i.e. he really is a target for others to play the ball too. I like him, enthusiastic, tireless, his first touch isn't that bad, but he is alongside players that probably have the best control I have seen from City players in a long time. 

He’s improving and managing to score so that’s good, but there are still some aspects of his game that need to improve. He still doesn’t win sufficient balls in the air, and his control is a bit hit or miss. The big problem is lack of speed and mobility. This was particularly noticeable when Woodrow and Taylor came on. Both linked the play well and stretched the Bolton defence

2 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

I worry about the chances we create. I know it sounds stupid, but I think we're being very clinical at the moment without necessarily creating too many clear cut chances. 

The exception to this was when Woodrow started up front against Derby. I thought the link up play up top was a hundred times better that day. 

That being said, Diedhiou is definitely getting better. But I wonder if Woodrow is better for the team?

I think that's a fair point in general. Although I don't think we played very well last night the Notlob keeper still made three or four good saves, he looked their only good player really. I think we lacked energy last night but still could have won by four or so.

15 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Yeah, I noticed most people seem to be a bit underwhelmed by Woodrow, but I've really liked the look of what I've seen. Looks very sharp and more suited to the link up play than Fam, and I agree we look more dangerous as an attacking unit with him in the side (see Derby).

But Fam is scoring, so until the goals dry up it will be hard to justify taking him out of the team at the moment. 

15 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

I am worried about Fam as he has no pace and gives the ball away too easily. His passing is awful. For a player of his size, he doesnt win enough in the air either.

On the other hand,he puts in the effort, makes space for others and scores goals.

Time will tell whether he makes the grade, but I certainly hope so.

I've noticed this and it's really strange to see. He's what 6'2/3? He sort of leaps and maybe gets 1/5 balls in the air against similar sized or smaller opponents. His finishing is getting better too, although yesterdays goal wouldn't have you believing that seeing he basically slid it in 

Archived