IGNORED

Today's closed doors friendly (Merged)

Desso

21 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Few thoughts from me;

Very surprised at some of the starters, Reid, Bryan, Paterson and Baker in particular have already played a lot of first team games.

Very surprised that Hegeler didn't feature here at all, as he has had comparatively very little game time of late...

Finally Pisano must still be some way from fitness if he didn't play a part at all in this game.

I would guess that maybe a few of the players have been allowed a few days off & the chance to get home for a bit before returning ready to put the hard graft in again.

None of the players away with their international teams will of played yet so we wouldn’t of started work on proper preparations for Burton yet.

4 hours ago, phantom said:

See we beat Swindon 4-0 with a mix and match side out 

Bristol City XI: Steele, Vyner, Flint (Harvey Smith 46), Pack (Baldwin 70), Baker (Bryan 46 (Morton 70)), Brownhill (Holden 46), Reid (Bakinson 46), Paterson (Edwards 46), Eliasson, Woodrow, Garita (Andrews 46). 

One thing that caught my eye was that Joe Bryan came on as a sub at half time and was then replaced 24 minutes later . . . 

Thought Dean had coached from the pitch in the second half for a minute!

2 hours ago, RedDave said:

Was it a 3-4-3 experiment?

Bristol City XI: Steele, Vyner, Flint (Harvey Smith 46), Pack (Baldwin 70), Baker (Bryan 46 (Morton 70)), Brownhill (Holden 46), Reid (Bakinson 46), Paterson (Edwards 46), Eliasson, Woodrow, Garita (Andrews 46). 

.                     Steele

.           Vyner. Flint. Baker

Paterson.  Pack Brownhill.   Eliasson 

.                    Reid

.             Woodrow. Garita

ahhhh not speculation at all it was in the city web site. 

2 hours ago, Dullmoan Tone said:

Anyone else surprised we are risking first team players like Reid, Flint, Patterson and Pack in a friendly after a gruelling September - I see the need to give some players game time, but why risk injury against a Swindon reserve team?

Surely you "risk injury" by making them get out of bed for training?

2 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Few thoughts from me;

Very surprised at some of the starters, Reid, Bryan, Paterson and Baker in particular have already played a lot of first team games.

Very surprised that Hegeler didn't feature here at all, as he has had comparatively very little game time of late...

Finally Pisano must still be some way from fitness if he didn't play a part at all in this game.

Practising an alternative to plan A which you therefore need first team players involved for, given we don't play till a week Friday and they're getting the next few days off its not really an issue. 

4 hours ago, Dullmoan Tone said:

Anyone else surprised we are risking first team players like Reid, Flint, Patterson and Pack in a friendly after a gruelling September - I see the need to give some players game time, but why risk injury against a Swindon reserve team?

You're more likely to be injured in training than a game so should they not train?

Anyone know why Bryan came on at half time and was then taken off at 70 mins? He's not injured is he? No mention of it in the match report on the OS.

"Tuesday, October 3rd 2017

Jamie Paterson scored twice as a City XI defeated Swindon Town 4-0 in a behind-closed-doors friendly at Failand.

A number of first-team players were involved in the friendly match, with Cauley Woodrow, Niclas Eliasson, Zak Vyner and Luke Steele benefiting from getting 90 minutes under their belt.

Paterson opened the scoring early on, volleying home Josh Brownhill’s cross after he had played a neat one-two with Bobby Reid.

Winger Paterson hit the post before scoring City’s second on the half hour with a stunning 25-yard left-foot drive.

After half-time Chris Robertson inadvertently turned Opi Edwards’ cross into his own net to make it 3-0.

Jake Andrews and Rory Holden both hit the post for City, before Andrews completed the scoring by chasing on to Tyreeq Bakinson’s through pass to slot home.

Bristol City XI: Steele, Vyner, Flint (Harvey Smith 46), Pack (Baldwin 70), Baker (Bryan 46 (Morton 70)), Brownhill (Holden 46), Reid (Bakinson 46), Paterson (Edwards 46), Eliasson, Woodrow, Garita (Andrews 46)."

17 hours ago, RedDave said:

Was it a 3-4-3 experiment?

.                     Steele

.           Vyner. Flint. Baker

Paterson.  Pack Brownhill.   Eliasson 

.                    Reid

.             Woodrow. Garita

remember when you turned up for a Sunday morning match and the opposition didn't have enough players so you lent them one of your duffers?

Well Swindon asked for Flint after he was subbed at half time.........................he said no, no, no!

1 hour ago, Nick Wilde said:

Here's what happened last time we played that lot.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6-3wag9stNc

I watched that link (Many Thanks), but was also attracted to the link below.

I don't recall seeing that forearm smash on Flint before, but if ever there was a call for a retrospective red card this would be a prome example.

23 minutes ago, eardun said:

Yes I remember Flint was repeatedly taken out by the Swindon defender - can’t recall his name - and I was amazed that the ref missed all of them.

Yaser Kasim kicked lumps out of him and all mind.

Archived