IGNORED

The Official: England have made 7 changes which actually makes this game more exciting. Lithuania v England match-day thread. Or what a waste of time half these players wouldn't even get in the City team Lithuania v England Match-day Thread

BCFC Rich

Sack Southgate now. No, seriously. Imagine him as your National team manager, oh wait he actually is. The man hasnt got a clue and the one thing that players represent when they play is their Manager and he represents a corporate, loserish style which is evident in how we play. Absolutely no different to Hodgson. 

On the other hand the players, we haven't got any talent other than Harry Kane. We are simply bang average.

2 hours ago, South stander said:

I thought Winks had a decent first half and might bring a more attacking option in midfield than Henderson, but second half he became too safe.  As a young player with a decent pass and some drive, he could be what England need.  It will depend if he can get his way into the Spurs team though.

Winks got 8/10 from BBC Sport Tonight.  No way was he 8/10, no way was he our best player, suggest the reporter was being a bit / lot fanciful.  He gave Henderson 4/10.  I can only suggest he have pre-conceived bias on that front.  Henderson actually broke last the front line a couple of time tonight.

Right, who are here are proper qualified coaches, beyond the bare minimum to run an under-7s?  Answer me this.  In a 352 against a poor international side, isn’t the point of playing 3 at the back, so that one can step into midfield and make an extra player, plus allow the full-backs to get up the pitch?  I thought so, so when Keane advances, the the ‘eff’ has Winks gone back into central defence to make it a 3 again?  I don’t get it.  It winds me up.

So having said last week that Bertrand has become another England LB who plays too cautiously for his nation and Giles against everything his club mentality has done to get him his cap, we find another one, Cresswell.  Never takes a chance with the ball at his feet.  Did a couple of overlaps,  but that is the bare minimum in a possession dominant game.  Trippier on the other side I like.  He likes that little first time pass (opening up his foot) into the channel, which with good movement gets us into advanced positions quickly.

Alli, play someone in, stop trying to shoot when a shot isn’t on.  He needs to play from deep, so that he is the runner coming into the ball.  Can be a waste playing him too high.  Not all his fault though.  He should’ve played alongside Henderson, not Winks.

Maguire - why doesn’t he advance and crash a 30-35 yard shot like he does for Leicester, or did for Hull and Sheff Utd.

In summary, why do we pick players based on how they play for their clubs, and I can only imagine, they then get told to play a different way for England.  Another very frustrating viewing.

6 hours ago, BCFC Richard said:

Positives: Butland starts, he should probably be 1st choice in my opinion. Stones playing and actually is gradually looking like the player he was hyped to be this season, hopefully, might be that player by the summer. Keane I actually rate particularly for a back 3. Ali is back and is with Kane the only player who stands out as world class. 

All of them or just Mick :P

Archived