IGNORED

Bologna FC shirt price

cidered abroad

Yep, kits abroad always seem to be far pricier than the UK kits  even, which is saying something! If you can find the said country's/city's version of Sports Direct or the other cheap sports chains you can get generally a really good deal on last seasons shirts/kits. Got a Real Sociedad one for 25 euros last year when the current one was 80 euros in their club shop (this is to play football in by the way - just to clarify!)  

14 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

It's the same all over Europe from what I've seen, went to see Red Bull Salzburg in the Summer and their shirts were 80 euros, whilst Bayern Munich's were 95 euros!

Whilst that sounds incredibly expensive, don't they have extremely cheap tickets prices to get into the games? Balances itself out, I guess

4 minutes ago, bristolcitysweden said:

Why would a tourist be interested in a Bologna shirt?

Whenever I go somewhere I look at a bit of merch from a team and try and go to a game, I can easily see someone foreign being after a Bologna shirt, but even then its a lot of money.

Just now, bristolcitysweden said:

Sounds plastic American to me. Bought this shirt on holliday. Don't know anything about the club and can not name a single player. Donald Duck Trump in a nut shell.

Each to their own but like @ZiderEyed said I see it as a good memento of my travels being a football fan. Better than a tea towel anyhoo!  

3 minutes ago, David Brent said:

Ok, but a lot of people do. I follow teams, in other sports, after being a tourist. 

If any tourists visit Bristol I’d love for them to take in a game and buy a shirt.

I don't know what you mean with following. For me Bristol City is a good part time job and I can not "support¨ more teams

8 minutes ago, David Brent said:

Ok, but a lot of people do. I follow teams, in other sports, after being a tourist. 

If any tourists visit Bristol I’d love for them to take in a game and buy a shirt.

David, I don't want to make you eat your own words but.......

I was in a local store here in Coleraine during one summer. In walked a family with a primary school aged son. I had to a double take. I politely asked the dad if his son was a Gashead.

After a nice response which included 'What's a gashead', I had to explain.

It turned out they were on holiday in the area and so the son bought the blue and white shirt. They did this every holiday. The son, the previous year, had bought a Blackpool shirt.

That boy did what you love tourists to do!

1 hour ago, lenred said:

Each to their own but like @ZiderEyed said I see it as a good memento of my travels being a football fan. Better than a tea towel anyhoo!  

It may be a momento of your travels today but.... next season it'll be different and you may feel obliged to once again buy the latest replica shirt? I know it all helps club revenue but the reality is not everyone either can afford to - or want to buy the latest shirt just to be up to date with it all. Eventually even the most ardent of fans will see through this and stop buying stuff every season. Just how does it contribute into club funds to help buy better players no one can determine, but if it makes you happy then fine. 

12 minutes ago, williamsredngrey said:

It may be a momento of your travels today but.... next season it'll be different and you may feel obliged to once again buy the latest replica shirt? I know it all helps club revenue but the reality is not everyone either can afford to - or want to buy the latest shirt just to be up to date with it all. Eventually even the most ardent of fans will see through this and stop buying stuff every season. Just how does it contribute into club funds to help buy better players no one can determine, but if it makes you happy then fine. 

No I certainly wouldn't carry on buying shirts even if I returned to the same place. And as I said earlier on the thread  I don't ever buy the current one anyway (if I buy one at all) as they are far far too expensive. But if I can get one from the previous season for 20/25 euros or a pair of shorts for 10 euros then there's no harm in a one off purchase as far as I can see. It's literally a holiday momento, nothing more. 

22 hours ago, bristolcitysweden said:

Why would a tourist be interested in a Bologna shirt?

I was there on holiday, walked past the club shop in a very exclusive retail area of the City so had a look to see what was on offer.

The range was very similar to City, the shirts appeared to me, to be very similar in quality to City. But the price of shirt was a big surprise.

So, Bristolcitysweden, do you never wander around shopping areas while on holiday? We were on the way from one art gallery to another. It's all part of the holiday for two pensioners as we don't do nightclubs at our age!

Archived