IGNORED

City vs Manchester - Dustbin Thread (merged)

City fan 1982

3 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

I’m pretty sure the half season ticket becomes valid ‘after’ the Man Utd game, so why should they get any priority for a game they have zero priority for.

Thats like me saying I’m going to buy a ST next season, but I want priority for the last home game of this season!.

They have committed to the whole second half of the season and paid for it. Bar full season ticket holders, they come top priority and rightly so. 

9 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

I am not a fan of any scheme that forces you to buy an additional item just to get the one you want.

What if a member like me who's been to a fair number of games this season can't make the Preston game? Members have already paid a fee for priority ticketing. I don't think it's fair to add another cost on top to give further priority.

Giving priority to existing members rather than those signed up after the draw makes sense because it identifies supporters who have already shown commitment to the club. Nothing beyond that is necessary.

OK here's an interesting one for you.

Members who have a purchase history for this season from pre Man U draw but brought membership post draw...

7 hours ago, bengalcub said:

Hate these company's , rip off tickets for a game on the wrong day , with tickets not even released ,  in a stand nobody's ever heard off ? 

Perhaps, but they are now guaranteeing 4 tickets for the Tuesday night game at £600 each - in the away end, but including free delivery.

I don't get all the uproar to be honest, yes its unfortunate nonmembers/pay on the day fans who go regularly to games are stuck waiting however I have yet to see any of those complain offer up a viable option to make it fair to all.

Context for those that would argue otherwise - I have been to 5 out of our 8 away games while only 2 home games (excluding cup) and have done this for many years prioritising away games due to living outside of Bristol. Ill just have to wait my turn and hope I get one. The system has been designed to favour those who use the incentive based schemes the club (or Bristol sport) offer.

Amazing how some people think things are wrong/broken/unfair if it doesn't suit them. 

3 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Who do they think they are??! Didn't they charge Reading and Wigan fans £45 per ticket for recent FA cup matches?!

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/man-utd-fixtures-bristol-tickets-13873851.amp

The ticket prices that had to be agreed by both clubs..?!

8 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Who do they think they are??! Didn't they charge Reading and Wigan fans £45 per ticket for recent FA cup matches?!

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/man-utd-fixtures-bristol-tickets-13873851.amp

£21 More than the last round is a bit extreme.

15 minutes ago, Super said:

£21 More than the last round is a bit extreme.

It is, however there was no one trying to pay £200 a ticket for 6 tickets for the Palace game, no one wanted to buy a half season ticket just to get one. It comes down to market forces, if the club fail to sell all the tickets, then people would have the right to complain they were too high, unfortunately for the lower income fans, they will sell.  

6 minutes ago, Eastside Moonwalker said:

Quick question - I don't have my season ticket at hand this morning but I have the supporter ID in which I bought the season ticket with.  Is this all that's needed to verify if you're a season ticket holder?

Yes

1 minute ago, 054123 said:

Same here. Poor show really seeing as the club have had more than enough time to plan for this morning.

Makes me laugh. They must have spent hundreds of thousands of pounds on tech, software etc and still, something as simple as buying a ticket is still a ******* ballache. 

Just now, Dollymarie said:

Why is everyone flapping the minute they go on sale? We have a whole week to reserve our seats? :blink:

Because when someone says they will be on sale at this specific time and they aren’t people get annoyed. Have had weeks to prepare and still failed. 

2 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

Why is everyone flapping the minute they go on sale? We have a whole week to reserve our seats? :blink:

That’s not the point. They should be on sale at the publicised time and if there’s a reason that they’re not, then they should communicate. 

It wouldn’t be acceptable if sales were face to face and they told you they’d be on sale, just to get down to the ground and find they’re not. 

4 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

Just excited.

Been looking forward to it and had at a bit if buzz about getting the family's tickets this morning. 

No biggie, I know, just odd.

3 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Because when someone says they will be on sale at this specific time and they aren’t people get annoyed. Have had weeks to prepare and still failed. 

3 minutes ago, Eastside Moonwalker said:

Just to get it over and done with, seems strange to announce it at a certain date/time and then not have it available

1 minute ago, BRISTOL86 said:

That’s not the point. They should be on sale at the publicised time and if there’s a reason that they’re not, then they should communicate. 

It wouldn’t be acceptable if sales were face to face and they told you they’d be on sale, just to get down to the ground and find they’re not. 

Ok, so I make it 16 minutes since they went on sale. Just hang fire a bit. If it’s still like that after lunch then maybe you’d have something more to whinge about. Yes it’s frustrating but as I said earlier. We have a whole week, 7 days, 168 hours to sort them out. 

Archived