IGNORED

City vs Manchester - Dustbin Thread (merged)

City fan 1982

4 hours ago, Drew Peacock said:

I would say the biggest leakage to Mancs will come from the egg chasers STHs who will have no worries about getting their Manc supporting mate a ticket.

Weren't City supposed to be announcing ticket sale details this week?   

Very strange not to hear anything after I believe City explicitly stated last Friday that ticket details would be out this week.

I thought the first rule of business was not to over promise and under deliver. Hey ho, we´ll keep on being patient.

2 hours ago, kivsy said:

how about season ticket plus

season ticket 

membership 

new half  season ticket 

gloryboys 

Why should £20 members get priority over people who are prepared to purchase a ticket to every game between Christmas & May..?!!

2 hours ago, cidercity1987 said:

Very strange not to hear anything after I believe City explicitly stated last Friday that ticket details would be out this week.

I thought the first rule of business was not to over promise and under deliver. Hey ho, we´ll keep on being patient.

The game is December 20th, it's November 3rd and your'e talking about being patient. Lots of time too sort tickets out

2 hours ago, cidercity1987 said:

And over reaction of the week goes to....!

1 minute ago, steviestevieneville said:

Yes , but you have no idea why they haven't announced it yet. Plus there is over 6 weeks until the game. They'll release details when they're ready. Don't panic.:facepalm: 

Im not panicking, simply pointing out my surprise they that havent kept to their explicit word or updated fans accordingly.

At least in my work if I say Il do something within a timeframe and dont for whatever reason, then Il sure let my client know with a revised schedule.

1 minute ago, cidercity1987 said:

Im not panicking, simply pointing out my surprise they that havent kept to their explicit word or updated fans accordingly.

At least in my work if I say Il do something within a timeframe and dont for whatever reason, then Il sure let my client know with a revised schedule.

OK , well if it's that important to you write a letter of complaint to your MP . IMO there are far more important things going on in life.

3 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

OK , well if it's that important to you write a letter of complaint to your MP . IMO there are far more important things going on in an empty room, with nobody in it, with the doors locked.

Corrected for you. 

21 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

There are still days left of this week.

23 hours ago, phantom said:

Except they only have a seat from the Reading game so won't be a season ticket holder when the Utd game is played

But, when season ticketers buy their early birds and so on in June, their benefits start from the date City take their money, not the first game of the season in August.

Why would half season tickets be any different?

Surely, as soon as City get their money they are entitled to season ticket benefits?

7 minutes ago, 42nite said:

But, when season ticketers buy their early birds and so on in June, their benefits start from the date City take their money, not the first game of the season in August.

Why should half season tickets be any different?

Surely, as soon as City get their money they are entitled to seasn ticket benefits?

No they don't. I couldn't use my ST plus extra discount in the shop last year in June. Was told I could only have 10% as the extra 5% didn't kick in until the season started. 

I don’t live in Bristol so I can’t get to every game and a season ticket doesn’t make sense financially but I am a member and would buy a half season to see the ManU game.  I might go to a couple more games than I would have for the second half and the Club gets more money.  Everyone’s a winner and way better than just a web queue lottery like they did for the Wembley play off.  I am getting bored of checking the club website constantly wish they’d hurry up and announce.

1 minute ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Where did you get the 3k members figure from? This figure has never been published. Did you make it up?

True, it’s the only figure I’ve seen suggested, so it could be way out. However, judging by the fact that there are always at least 16-17k in the ground for league games and the rest fluctuate somewhat, it kind of adds up. Although as someone above pointed out, it wouldn’t include the Rugby or Flyers STH. 

1 minute ago, Bar BS3 said:

True, it’s the only figure I’ve seen suggested, so it could be way out. However, judging by the fact that there are always at least 16-17k in the ground for league games and the rest fluctuate somewhat, it kind of adds up. Although as someone above pointed out, it wouldn’t include the Rugby or Flyers STH. 

So a complete guess then. If there are 17k home fans on average for each game, that doesn't mean there are 3k members because that would imply the same members are going every week - in which case they would be season ticket holders. In fact it offers very few clues about the membership number as some will be non-members / corporate.

For all we know the number of members could be much higher - and is likely to have increased since the draw. The concern might be overstated, but plucking a figure out of the air doesn't prove anything. I also suspect a significant number of Rugby STH will be interested in this one. This game will attract a much wider audience than would normally be the case.

32 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

So a complete guess then. If there are 17k home fans on average for each game, that doesn't mean there are 3k members because that would imply the same members are going every week - in which case they would be season ticket holders. In fact it offers very few clues about the membership number as some will be non-members / corporate.

For all we know the number of members could be much higher - and is likely to have increased since the draw. The concern might be overstated, but plucking a figure out of the air doesn't prove anything. I also suspect a significant number of Rugby STH will be interested in this one. This game will attract a much wider audience than would normally be the case.

Yeah, just guess work, using previously touted figures and likely scenarios. I’ve already said it didn’t include Rugby or Flyers STH. 

Whats your problem..? I was trying to illustrate that it more than likely will get to general sale, so everyone who “deserves” ticket priority should get it. Anyone who deemed that membership wasn’t worth it, well, they miss out. Hey ho. 

2 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

When I say members, I meant purely rugby members- if there is such a category.

The membership issue beyond that, is for the club to sort out or to apply as per the package.

Then it will come down as to how it was advertised, if it was advertised then we'll have to honour it but its something that should be looked at for future seasons. 

8 minutes ago, hodge said:

Then it will come down as to how it was advertised, if it was advertised then we'll have to honour it but its something that should be looked at for future seasons. 

Of course it should be looked at. An absolutely stupid decision, the Rugby and the Football club should be left separate and have nothing to do with eachother ticket wise.

Archived