IGNORED

City vs Manchester - Dustbin Thread (merged)

City fan 1982

1 minute ago, redmycolour said:

Just been to the City Superstore, bought a coat,I ask about Man u tkts, was informed clubs can't agree a tkt price,,city want to charge £30+, Man u want £45+ near £50.talks ongoing, 

If it's £45 many will watch on TV. Shocked if that's true.

11 minutes ago, redmycolour said:

Just been to the City Superstore, bought a coat,I ask about Man u tkts, was informed clubs can't agree a tkt price,,city want to charge £30+, Man u want £45+ near £50.talks ongoing, 

Are you sure? That is absolutely ******* outrageous if so, Manchester should be ashamed of themselves.

8 minutes ago, redmycolour said:

Tried posting but then this got merged:

This would explain the reason for the delay in announcing details. 

According to their website, Manchester non-member pricing for 2017/2018 home Carabao Cup ties is £29-£46. The pricing being mentioned is therefore consistent with this and Manchester officials could see the potential to charge higher prices given the demand in Bristol. 

With a crowd of over 25k, an extra tenner per ticket is worth about £100k per club. 

17 minutes ago, redmycolour said:

I have to question the legitimacy of this. 

Whilst I know clubs have to both agree on any discounted tickets, surely no club can dictate or even have a say, if the home club plan to charge their standard match day ticket prices..? 

I don’t believe this for a minute. 

9 minutes ago, Stoke_Gifford_Red said:

Tried posting but then this got merged:

According to their website, Manchester non-member pricing for 2017/2018 home Carabao Cup ties is £29-£46. The pricing being mentioned is therefore consistent with this and Manchester officials could see the potential to charge higher prices given the demand in Bristol. 

With a crowd of over 25k, an extra tenner per ticket is worth about £100k per club. 

An extra 100k for Manchester is nothing, that's 1 weeks wages for a fringe player.

2 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Whilst I know clubs have to both agree on any discounted tickets, surely no club can dictate or even have a say, if the home club plan to charge their standard match day ticket prices..? 

especially as someone said above Swansea v Man Utd in round 4 was £20 for ST holders and £30 general sale

2 minutes ago, AshtonPark said:

If neither clubs can agree a price, doesnt it go to the FA to decide?

Not quite. It goes to the Board of the EFL.

Rule 23.1    Immediately after the draw is known the two Clubs concerned must mutually agree the prices. All questions in dispute must be immediately referred to the Management Committee for settlement.

Then Management Committee is defined as "the Board" which in turn is defined as "the Board of Directors from time to time of the EFL".  Doesn't say when it goes to the Board though.  Rule 23.1 requires the clubs to agree "immediately after the draw" - well that clearly hasn't happened has it?

https://www.efl.com/clubs-and-competitions/carabao-cup/about-the-carabao-cup/carabao-cup-rules--regulations/

3 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

I'd be surprised if it's true. Man Utd have history for actually wanting ticket prices to be reduced for league cup games - back in 2005 Barnet vetoed this when they were drawn to play at Old Trafford in order that they (Barnet) could maximise their share:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2005/oct/06/blueprintforabetterfootball.manchesterunited

Furthermore as the post above says, Swansea didn't charge anywhere near that for the game in the last round.

Is it Man Utd who want to charge higher prices here, or is it us?

In fact, the more I think about this, it’s clearly bollocks. There is no way that Man Utd can have a say on our ticket prices, unless we are suggesting reducing the usual match day price (which is fair enough)

This is how bullshit rumours start. I despise Man Utd in every possible way, but they couldn’t & wouldn’t be demanding ticket pricing of this level. 

Utter tosh! 

In fact, the more I think about this, it’s clearly bollocks. There is no way that Man Utd can have a say on our ticket prices, unless we are suggesting reducing the usual match day price (which is fair enough)

This is how bullshit rumours start. I despise Man Utd in every possible way, but they couldn’t & wouldn’t be demanding ticket pricing of this level. 

Utter tosh! 

Agree. Surely the home club dictates prices for home and away tickets. As is the case for league games. We should be charging Man U fans £20 for their tickets. I don't believe in ripping off fans of any clubs. And similar for home fans. 

3 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Utter tosh! 

They can have a say as the clubs have to agree the price.  So I suspect we would propose a price and then Man Utd would counter-offer.  If we can't agree then it goes to the board of the EFL to decide.

Man Utd can't dictate the price to us - but they definitely have some input.

1 minute ago, North London Red said:

I'd be surprised if it's true. Man Utd have history for actually wanting ticket prices to be reduced for league cup games - back in 2005 Barnet vetoed this when they were drawn to play at Old Trafford in order that they (Barnet) could maximise their share:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2005/oct/06/blueprintforabetterfootball.manchesterunited

Furthermore as the post above says, Swansea didn't charge anywhere near that for the game in the last round.

Is it Man Utd who want to charge higher prices here, or is it us?

Neither. Think about what’s being claimed. It’s either a complete fabrication or a complete misunderstanding. Either way, it’s completely not going to happen! 

It will be standard “gold” category pricing. Anything less than that, then full credit to City for not maximising profit and Utd for agreeing it. 

5 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Utter tosh! 

According to the rules both clubs must mutually agree gate prices.

2 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

They can have a say as the clubs have to agree the price.  So I suspect we would propose a price and then Man Utd would counter-offer.  If we can't agree then it goes to the board of the EFL to decide.

Man Utd can't dictate the price to us - but they definitely have some input.

But surely they can’t insist on us charging more than we normally do for our top priced ticket category..?! 

1 minute ago, Bar BS3 said:

But surely they can’t insist on us charging more than we normally do for our top priced ticket category..?! 

Presumably they could suggest any price they fancied. The rules say that the two teams must "mutually agree". If they can't then the board of the EFL will settle it.  I couldn't see anything in the Rules about respecting a club's normal pricing structure.

You are right that it would seem odd of us to accept a price greater than our normal POTD pricing. 

Personally I suspect this is a storm in a tea cup and that we will in due course get some sensible answers.

I didn't go to Palace - what did we charge for that game?

PS to think that Fulham away last year in the cup was only £11 or something :laughcont:

3 minutes ago, redmycolour said:

According to the rules both clubs must mutually agree gate prices.

If this had actually happened, then surely your response would have been more along the lines of..”I’m just telling you what I was told by a member of club staff”. 

Why would some bod working behind the till in the club shop be privy to financial negotiations between our board and Manchester United’s, before they’ve even come to an agreeable conclusion themselves..?! 

• Admin
36 minutes ago, redmycolour said:

I'm guessing that is just Chinese whispers - the people associated with the club shop would not be involved with these talks

33 minutes ago, Super said:

If it's £45 many will watch on TV. Shocked if that's true.

Top seats in the Lower Lansdown ?

24 minutes ago, Stoke_Gifford_Red said:

I don't believe that there is any delay in announcing the details

The last round it took nearly two weeks for pricing etc to come out, it makes perfect sense that the club deal with sales etc AFTER the Cardiff game during the international break

Just now, phantom said:

I don't believe that there is any delay in announcing the details

The last round it took nearly two weeks for pricing etc to come out, it makes perfect sense that the club deal with sales etc AFTER the Cardiff game during the international break

Of course there is no “delay”. 

The game isn’t scheduled to be played for another 7 weeks!!

its clearly a case of someone, either “redmycolour” or a member of club shop staff, talking utter shite! 

Archived