IGNORED

City vs Manchester - Dustbin Thread (merged)

City fan 1982

12 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Been done to death already but without doubt it'll be 1 ticket per person - STH first, then members, then general sale (if any left).  The big issue is whether the prioritise existing members first over new ones.  I've heard plenty of anecdotal evidence from friends and colleagues this week of new members signing up - both City and United fans.  See also my (as yet unanswered) question in the Q&A section.

Will the club therefore prioritise on the basis of purchasing history? If they dont there will be lots of plastics in the home ends.

37 minutes ago, phantom said:

Let's put it this way, if you are a SEASON TICKET HOLDER or a MEMBER you WILL get a ticket !!

STOP panicking people !

You can't say that with any certainty.

Any number of people could have signed up as members since the draw. It is inevitable the some United fans will have done so. Additionally, everyone who is a Bristol Rugby STH is also a member.

With 14k STH and 4k away fans that leaves about 8k tickets after segregation. It is entirely possible that not every member will get a ticket.

Hence my question in the Q&A, and hence why it is imperative that existing members and/or those with booking history are given priority after STH.

• Admin
1 minute ago, ChippenhamRed said:

You can't say that with any certainty.

Any number of people could have signed up as members since the draw. It is inevitable the some United fans will have done so. Additionally, everyone who is a Bristol Rugby STH is also a member.

With 14k STH and 4k away fans that leaves about 8k tickets after segregation. It is entirely possible that not every member will get a ticket.

Hence my question in the Q&A, and hence why it is imperative that existing members and/or those with booking history are given priority after STH.

OK, let's believe all the unfounded "rumours" of people buying up memberships, just like the usual "I know of lots of away fans with tickets in home sections"

All I say is keep worrying about it then!!

There will be about 24k tickets on sale to City fans, we have less than 14k football season ticket holders - IT WON'T BE A PROBLEM :sub:

• Admin
58 minutes ago, Loon plage said:

Will the club therefore prioritise on the basis of purchasing history? If they dont there will be lots of plastics in the home ends.

Just curious how you know for a FACT that there will be "lots of plastics in the home ends"

1 minute ago, phantom said:

OK, let's believe all the unfounded "rumours" of people buying up memberships, just like the usual "I know of lots of away fans with tickets in home sections"

All I say is keep worrying about it then!!

There will be about 24k tickets on sale to City fans, we have less than 14k football season ticket holders - IT WON'T BE A PROBLEM :sub:

It's not just rumour. I am well aware of several people - both United and City fans - who have bought memberships off the back of the draw. I am only one person so this will be repeated many times over. You may wish to poo-poo it but it is entirely reasonable to suggest that not all members will get a ticket.

1 hour ago, ChippenhamRed said:

It's not just rumour. I am well aware of several people - both United and City fans - who have bought memberships off the back of the draw. I am only one person so this will be repeated many times over. You may wish to poo-poo it but it is entirely reasonable to suggest that not all members will get a ticket.

I don't know of anyone that has bought a membership just on the back of this, just spoke to 5 other City fans in the office today and neither do they

So I would agree it is reasonable to "poo poo" your theory as nonsense 

23 minutes ago, Alan Dicks' Barmy Army said:

I don't know of anyone that has bought a membership just on the back of this, just spoke to 5 other City fans in the office today and neither do they

So I would agree it is reasonable to "poo poo" your theory as nonsense 

So because you don't happen to know anyone personally who has bought a membership then it must be nonsense. My mistake.

Let's put it another way. If 45,000 people are willing to travel 2 hours to watch us play Walsall, it's probably not going to be hard to find 23,000 "home" fans to watch us play United at Ashton Gate.

I don't why it's suddenly become such an outlandish theory to suggest that both United and City fans might be buying memberships in advance of this game. It was a commonly shared concern here just a few days ago.

1 hour ago, phantom said:

Just curious how you know for a FACT that there will be "lots of plastics in the home ends"

I didn't use any capital letters Phantom, just respondiong to Chppenham Red who referred to anecdotal evidence of non City fans buying memberships.

I would be astonished if there weren't lots Man U fans in the home stands if priority wasn't given to those with a purchasing history.There are thousands of their fans in South Wales and the West Country - including the Bristol area.

5 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Im neither a season ticket holder, nor a member to resigned to the fact I wont be going, though have had a message from someone saying they will let me know if theres a ticket going spare.

Would you not consider becoming a member?

4 minutes ago, 42nite said:

Would you not consider becoming a member?

I would, but I would have done it at the start of the season.

My issue is money, otherwise I'd have a season ticket or bought a membership already, and I'm not buying a membership to maybe have a chance of a ticket for one game and then maybe £5 off one more game if I can scrape the money together.

Hopefully will be in a position where I can get a season ticket next season, but have priorities to pay before I can look at anything like a ST.

8 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

He was quite clear, he has never been to Old Trafford (apparently it is impossible to get tickets, not that I believe he has tried), but he 'likes them'.

Pretty sure he'll be watching on Sky!

It's not impossible to get tickets if you choose cup games. 

2 hours ago, JamesBCFC said:

My issue is money, otherwise I'd have a season ticket or bought a membership already, and I'm not buying a membership to maybe have a chance of a ticket for one game and then maybe £5 off one more game if I can scrape the money together.

Hopefully will be in a position where I can get a season ticket next season, but have priorities to pay before I can look at anything like a ST.

That's life, you have to prioritise.  Season ticket first, cider second and then food if you have anything left over :)

15 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

That's life, you have to prioritise.  Season ticket first, cider second and then food if you have anything left over :)

Cider is food. It’s made from apples, so extremely healthy 

7 hours ago, JamesBCFC said:

Can you afford the Match ticket if there is no membership fee involved? 

3 hours ago, Juan Perro said:

and what are u complaining about? you want to get in the big game but you're not ready to pay 20 quid for a membership? it looks like you've made your decision! 

Where have I complained or said I wasnt prepared to pay the membership?

I have accepted I almost certainly wont get a ticket, and didnt get a membership because that wasnt financially viable for me.

I havent complained at all, merely stated how things are.

27 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

As of right this second I couldnt, but I could scrape money to one side here and there to be able to in time for the game.

I might be able to sort you one out then. See what the situation is when prices & details are announced. 

Archived