IGNORED

City vs Manchester - Dustbin Thread (merged)

City fan 1982

• Admin

i will post this nearer the time as a reminder but have found out that the LAST train leaving Parson Street going SOUTH that evening will be the 22:01 service

There is engineering works after this and a replacement bus will replace what would have been the later train

So short of leaving the game early there is not a chance in hell of getting that service!!

Cheers GWR !!

13 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

At least he might actually know some of the names of the players for this game.

It’s cringeworthy when he can’t pronounce names that anyone with even a fleeting interest in football knows how to pronounce - and just confirms that he’s in the job despite not giving a shit about football! 

It would actually be nice to hear him at all, the PA is so completely useless.

1 hour ago, Bar BS3 said:

That is the myth that all plastic Mancs like to use. 

It is fairly easy to get European tickets at OT and if you are willing to pay inflated prices (why not, for a day out at the team you supposedly “support”) you can get hold of tickets for most games. 

You did very well not to just punch him in the nose for being a****!

From friends' experiences you don't need to pay much over the odds, if at all. Aside from the obvious games (Liverpool, Citeh etc) there are generally people to be found on the concourse with spare season tickets looking to get cash to walk a punter through the turnstiles. 

2 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

It was brief.

Even him saying all 8 don't have to be sat together, he'd be happy with two groups of four didn't really help him.

He seems genuinely annoyed that despite the fact he has never been to football before and has no affiliation with City that he might miss out on tickets.

what a twonk!

3 hours ago, screech said:

My biggest fear of the game doesn't come from playing Manchester, my fear is the guy with the microphone at the side of the pitch getting starstruck, screeching and gushing like a TV games show host.

And please when announcing the attendance, just announce it by thanking everybody for their attendance. They don't want to feel like they are witnessing a Wonder of the World.

He's an utter embarrassment, to himself, to the club, to the point where you might just wonder if he's retarded. A clueless idiot.  

2 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

He's an utter embarrassment, to himself, to the club, to the point where you might just wonder if he's retarded. A clueless idiot.  

Bit harsh - he's not a football bloke by any means and has made numerous blunders. He's not to my taste really but I wouldn't attack him personally.

He tries his best though and is pretty receptive to feedback people give him - don't think there's any need for the abuse, he's just in the wrong job unfortunately!

12 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

8 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Bit harsh - he's not a football bloke by any means and has made numerous blunders. He's not to my taste really but I wouldn't attack him personally.

He tries his best though and is pretty receptive to feedback people give him - don't think there's any need for the abuse, he's just in the wrong job unfortunately!

I agree with Phileas, he is a professional broadcaster, he doesn't really need a high level of football knowledge, he has apparently been seen at away games though to try and get a feel of it all and I admire him for that. I think he has a good voice and a good microphone technique and works the crowd well in the little one on ones he does before the game. I have seen compere everything from local quizzes in pubs to the Portishead Soap Box Derby and he gives an air of professionalism to everything he does. I'd much prefer that to a local fan who just gets set loose with a microphone and that is not a dig at Dave F who was very good.... eventually. 

EDIT: I should say, just in case you think I am Downsy, on the few occasions I have had to suffer his radio show in my wife's car, I have found it an abomination that makes my ears bleed.

1 minute ago, Port Said Red said:

I agree with Phileas, he is a professional broadcaster, he doesn't really need a high level of football knowledge, he has apparently been seen at away games though to try and get a feel of it all and I admire him for that. I think he has a good voice and a good microphone technique and works the crowd well in the little one on ones he does before the game. I have seen compere everything from local quizzes in pubs to the Portishead Soap Box Derby and he gives an air of professionalism to everything he does. I'd much prefer that to a local fan who just gets set loose with a microphone and that is not a dig at Dave F who was very good.... eventually. 

Yeah, he's not to my taste at all but I admire him much more because he acknowledges his flaws and takes feedback on board. If he was defensive and uppity about it I'd have less sympathy.

There's no denying he's cringeworthy though.. 

2 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Yeah, he's not to my taste at all but I admire him much more because he acknowledges his flaws and takes feedback on board. If he was defensive and uppity about it I'd have less sympathy.

See my edit PF :) .

11 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

See my edit PF :) .

Yep definitely wouldn't be tuning into that!

I think he's an odd choice of match-day announcer really, given how picky football fans are about that sort of thing it was never going to be a hugely popular choice given his style. I think that's one area the club haven't quite got right - understanding the fans. The lack of a visible and accessible SLO with clearly defined responsibilities doesn't help with that at all.

It's great he's making the effort to understand the club, attend away games and take on feedback - the first few games of last season he was genuinely very poor and accepted that.

2 hours ago, BRISTOL86 said:

At least he might actually know some of the names of the players for this game.

It’s cringeworthy when he can’t pronounce names that anyone with even a fleeting interest in football knows how to pronounce - and just confirms that he’s in the job despite not giving a shit about football! 

Remember he mispronounced Ameboi, Surely you've heard of Shola? Even if you never really paid attention to football much

On 10/28/2017 at 01:42, Lordofthebling said:

I'm bored of this already to be honest, and its only gonna get worse...

Is it wrong to say I'd much prefer us to beat Cardiff than utd? That's the only game I care about right now!

Agreed!  I think we have a much better chance of beating Cardiff and possibly going into 3rd place if we also beat Fulham tonight,  than we do of beating Man U.

5 minutes ago, Eastside Moonwalker said:

Remember he mispronounced Ameboi, Surely you've heard of Shola? Even if you never really paid attention to football much

Noticed it more and more lately, winds me up more than it should, but it’s like a constant reminder that we used to have someone who was football through and through doing it and now we have a radio presenter who clearly has zero interest in the game.

I don’t condone the personal insults towards him - not his fault they appointed someone wrong for the job - but what I’d give for Tim Shires back!

37 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

EDIT: I should say, just in case you think I am Downsy, on the few occasions I have had to suffer his radio show in my wife's car, I have found it an abomination that makes my ears bleed.

Doesn't seem very professional to me, and bearing in mind its the main element of his role at BS he should try harder.

I agree with Merricks Marvels.

37 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

If thats the case i'm not sure why he is still shit then.

7 minutes ago, Loon plage said:

If thats the case i'm not sure why he is still shit then.

Well, he is better than he was but I don't think he's quite right for football. I don't dispute that and can see why people take issue with him.

I just don't like the abuse, I feel it's unnecessary as he's just trying to do his job.

23 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

I don’t condone the personal insults towards him - not his fault they appointed someone wrong for the job - but what I’d give for Tim Shires back!

But he must have applied for the job?

(I don't agree with the personal insults towards him though).

Little shout out to JustPark users - I've already booked my parking for the United game and have heard of others doing the same.  So in anticipation of high demand I would get in there early.  I'm not even certain I'll get a ticket yet but for the sake of a fiver I'll take the chance.

And if you're not a JustPark user, well this is a very good way of removing the stress from finding a parking spot.

3 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

How many season ticket holders do we have 12- 13k? It can't be more than a 1 for 1 sale can it we don't have the capacity to do it any other way. Unless they give those who have attended cup games as well priority and an extra ticket, in which case I will miss out as I have been working away for every one of them. :( 

Been done to death already but without doubt it'll be 1 ticket per person - STH first, then members, then general sale (if any left).  The big issue is whether the prioritise existing members first over new ones.  I've heard plenty of anecdotal evidence from friends and colleagues this week of new members signing up - both City and United fans.  See also my (as yet unanswered) question in the Q&A section.

Just now, ChippenhamRed said:

Been done to death already but without doubt it'll be 1 ticket per person - STH first, then members, then general sale (if any left).  The big issue is whether the prioritise existing members first over new ones.  I've heard plenty of anecdotal evidence from friends and colleagues this week of new members signing up - both City and United fans.  See also my (as yet unanswered) question in the Q&A section.

Are there now two levels of membership, standard and plus?

3 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Thanks CR, sorry but I came to this thread late and it is 40 pages long..... 

Archived