IGNORED

City vs Manchester - Dustbin Thread (merged)

City fan 1982

4 hours ago, Northern Red said:

If we'd beaten Charlton in the replay a couple of rounds after winning at Anfield, we'd have been away at Old Trafford in the QF.

We should have won at home and, indeed, probably would have done had Scott Minto not unsportingly 'declined' to return the ball to City after they had kicked it out for a throw in due to an injured player being down. 

1 hour ago, CyderInACan said:

@Septic Peg's Match Day threads are better! 

Cheers hun! Will stick a Clarky in your letter box in way of payment! :thumbsup:

That's not a euphemism either.

1 hour ago, Neo said:

100% although she has not called any place we visit a shit hole for many threads.

She is one step away from telling us about Sunderlands historical significance to Creekwood, Oregon (presuming there is such a place) !!

I did actually call Croydon a shithole in 'Saff Landan' on Tuesday... :P

3 hours ago, WhistleHappy said:

City/Man U game is going to be a huge occasion for the whole City of Bristol... many many casual sports fans who aren't necessarily full on football fans would be interested in this one and many City fans who aren't season ticket/members will also not be able to attend the Gate live... and its Christmas Time!... So wonder if the powers that be in our fair City might consider screening the game free in Millennium Square for the people of Bristol? ... call it a Christmas present if you like, it'll be very popular giving people the chance to come together and share in the excitement and atmosphere of a great Bristol sporting occasion in a way that wont be possible watching TV in a bar or at home. It would bring people into the centre and would only be good for early Christmas trading in the area too...  What better way to get people together with a common cause and having fun at Christmas?  .... Theres enough in this one for everyone, whether enjoying it live at The Gate, via TV subscription or at the pub to allow free public access to it on the public screen without affecting normal commercial interests/considerations.. THIS IS A GAME FOR THE WHOLE OF THE CITY and its happening at the perfect time of year for sharing. 

For the powers that be... If its not possible - then tell us WHY NOT?  where there's a will there's a way lets get Bristol Buzzing!!

Not doable as very hard to police casual Man Utd fans turning up potential for trouble 

So as any of you don’t know I live in Basingstoke, I moved here 3 years ago from the West Country. Recently just moved to a new property and today we had outreach come visit us set us up our new broadband, I get talking to the mate and I detect his Brizzle accent, I ask where he’s from he says he lives in Emerson Green, but only moved from Bedminster, so I pounce, football talk comes outta me, till he says he’s a Liverpool fan, but is really excited to go watch United play against City if he and his United mates all wanna go, **** off now

Some advice if you don't mind.

As I need to work most weekends up to Xmas, I didn't renew in the summer but  I've renewed my half ST plus have 2 rugby ST holders living next door. Which would be my best path to ensure I can apply for a ticket for this, using my ST or theirs?

6 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Some advice if you don't mind.

As I need to work most weekends up to Xmas, I didn't renew in the summer but  I've renewed my half ST plus have 2 rugby ST holders living next door. Which would be my best path to ensure I can apply for a ticket for this, using my ST or theirs?

Just wait for the club to announce something. The game is ages off yet!

2 hours ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Most of em see it as a game where they only have to win easily

I didn't even see it as that: one thread, <40 posts, generally air of indifference about the whole thing. Aside from possibly being a new ground for some of them to tick off (if they are arsed about that sort of thing) this is hardly the biggest game of that week for them, let alone the season.

In addition to the ones I posted, liked these comments:
OOO ARRRR Cantona

Still not forgiven em for selling us ****ing Ralph

3 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Heard a rumour from someone who was at the club shop today that reckons City have sold 2,000 memberships in the last 24 hours! Hilarious if true.

Well that helps pay someones wages for a few weeks... with membership only £20 if tickets are priced £40 or less I expect quite a few people are willing to pay £60 to get themselves a ticket. 

7 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Heard a rumour from someone who was at the club shop today that reckons City have sold 2,000 memberships in the last 24 hours! Hilarious if true.

It really doesn't surprise me. I looked after the draw was announced yesterday and there were 1000 people in front of me in the queue!

4 minutes ago, hodge said:

Well that helps pay someones wages for a few weeks... with membership only £20 if tickets are priced £40 or less I expect quite a few people are willing to pay £60 to get themselves a ticket. 

Members get a fiver off tickets too...

Just now, Coppello said:

It really doesn't surprise me. I looked after the draw was announced yesterday and there were 1000 people in front of me in the queue!

Nope, wouldn't surprise me either. Quite possible.

Archived