IGNORED

City vs Manchester - Dustbin Thread (merged)

City fan 1982

• Admin

Come on guys, seriously how could they get away with rigging it? The leaks on Twitter from the studio revealing fixtures from the draw ahead of the release of the video show people don't give a fudge about keeping things to themselves. If they had redrawn it until they got the one they wanted someone in that studio would have been straight on to the press revealing all for a fast buck.

1 minute ago, Ska Junkie said:

That was a fearsome place for a visiting fan! Those little back streets were a nightmare IIRC. I remember coming out after we battered them 5 nil and all I could see were faces in the dark, really nasty!

Funny how a ground move seems to shift the demographic of a fan base. Cardiff seem to have mellowed too since the move.

Vetch Field was a dump but very unique and full of character. Shame really.

1 hour ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Manchester have one of the best and most vocal away supports' in the country. Possibly the best actually. Only their hardcore get away tickets so it's genuine united fans and they have a fantastic array of unique songs.

Problem is, unless the rest of the ground outside of S82 raise their game, they will comfortably outsing us. All of the ground needs to be up for it that night.

I know all about United's away support, it is the best in the country.

It's nights like this when our fans are usually up for it, underdogs in a big game. It's going to be electric.

5 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

In answer to both @ChippenhamRed and @BRISTOL86

How very Orwellian.

All members are equal but some are more equal than others.

So you genuinely think that Mr A who buys his membership at 6pm last night and never attends another game all season deserves equal priority on this specific fixture than Mr B who bought it in August and has seen 5 games this season? 

1 hour ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

I'd suggest anyone prepared to sign up for a 1 1/2 year season ticket just to get to see Man Utd reserves is not particularly somebody who you'd want at AG 

IMHO Its laughable that people think that Man United fans even Bristol ones would be / are so desperate to spend hundreds and hundreds of pounds to watch their massive tie at AG 

Hardly their biggest game in the coming months 

Some of the posts in the last 18hrs are 'interesting' and 'amusing'

Some of our fan base coming across as bit star struck , and people's demands or cries for this , that and the other are not our finest hour IMHO but probably just reflect modern society, and modern football 

Reflecting back I guess there was the same scramble and queue jostling when we reached PO Final so maybe nothing's changed , games like this just shows the wrong side of people

I really think with football as massive as it is , with Sky and all that , and all the new disposable income. I would imagine there will be some Manchester fans/Sky season ticket holders who wouldn't dream of going all the way to Manchester just to actually see them. As a one off and local I could see there being a market for tickets, maybe a smallish market but there will be one.

3 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

What's not to get? Suspending memberships - or selling to those with a booking history first - ensures those who've already paid for priority get first dibs ahead of many non-City fans jumping on the bandwagon.

Ensuring tickets get into the most deserving hands should come ahead of commercial interests.

If you've already been to four games at full price this year then with respect it was madness not to get a membership, which would already have paid for itself.

Suspending memberships. Why would we - soak it up. 

You’re right by the way. For that reason I’m considering a half season membership. 

22 minutes ago, Robin in Qatar said:

If this happened at Ashton Gate would there be trouble? 

More than likely. Which is why the club needs to sell as many tickets as is humanly possible to those with a purchasing history, for Bristol City matches this season.

Can just hear the commentator on Sky now, "There's a fifth for Manchester United" as another one goes bouncing down the Dolman stand steps.

And that's before kick off.

I'm more interested in how our boys perform than looking out for ' Ibra , Pongo , Beaky , Dozy , Mitch and Titch.

This will be a measure of how good our squad is and if we can seriously consider ourselves a  Prem club in waiting.

That is what is interesting . On the day it's 11 v 11 human beings not 11 Lambs v 11 Lions .( although for fans of the Corrida there might be some merit there ) 

Our players need to impose their game .

Our coaching team need to get it spot on and we , the fans , need to get behind them and carry them over the line in another test against a higher placed club.

47 minutes ago, Robin in Qatar said:

Just wondering how many 'local'  Man Utd fans will be sat with Bristol City fans? It'll be chaos! 

unless they are season ticket holders or have previous tickets on their membership, I would say minimal 

58 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

So you're a member who has faithfully attended 10-12 matches a season for the last 20 years but now you miss out on a ticket to Bristol-based Man Utd fan with a Sky subscription who signed up yesterday, you'd be happy with that would you?

Financial aspects should come second to rewarding loyalty.

It's the eternal question,isn't it-as for someone similar to myself,10-12 games per season,sometimes more,some of those away since the early 70's.....

That brand of loyalty doesn't really register in the grand scheme of it all...it's just another fact of life,albeit somewhat sad..

Retirement/season ticket-bring it on!

33 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

That’s a good point about hospitality. I don’t really understand what our policy is about opposition fans actively supporting their team in the hospitality areas.

Pretty sure if you have the coins then you are in.

Might be an idea for the club to offer priority hospitality packages for home fans, not sure if that is realistic or not though.

1 hour ago, Abraham Romanovich said:

"You are best off steering clear of the home end. Bristol City are up there with Cardiff and Millwall, off the pitch.

They have been waiting for this for years.

Many years ago, like maybe 20, they went up to Liverpool away with 9,000 fans and took many liberties.

Do not be fooled by the accent, the songs about Cider !, or the lack of exposure to the top flight.

This lot are a right bunch of nutters, and I'd say there will be plenty of trouble given United's away following also.

Come on United "

http://www.redcafe.net/threads/league-cup-5th-round-draw-bristol-city-v-united-worth-waiting-for.433429/page-5

Blimey - I thought our top boys were students

100% there Is going to be aggro in this fixture.

Firstly like it or not there will be United fans in the home end, will they keep their mouth shut if they score?  United fans are famous for being a bit mouthy so doubt it.

Secondly for those who do enjoy the aggro United are also known for liking the aggro so potentially it has all the ingredients of kicking off.

*I don't condone any of this just making an observation. 

34 minutes ago, tommytank1985 said:

I shall be in Perth so it better be bloody on over there!!! 

Had a golfing holiday around there yonks ago. We had a guided tour of the football league stadium before making our way back home via Barnsley where we won 1-0. 

Very smart the Perth ground was too. It was dubbed the Mini Ibrox. The club in question? Apparently, it's a nod to our manager who after beating Manure, will be held in such high authority, for now and forever more.

1 minute ago, Bristol Rob said:

Pretty sure if you have the coins then you are in.

Might be an idea for the club to offer priority hospitality packages for home fans, not sure if that is realistic or not though.

Don't think the club will have any problems selling these packages to only Bristol based firms / individuals either, what with it being the run up to Christmas.

31 minutes ago, Robin in Qatar said:

If this happened at Ashton Gate would there be trouble? 

The problem City are going to have is usually when we play a club who's likely to bring a sell out crowd any tickets in the home stand purchased from say the Leeds area City can easily cancel.

However this is Manchester United. They have fans absolutely everywhere. We can't rely on the fact that someone buying a ticket is a City fan because in this case that certainly isn't always going to be true.

There needs to be strict stipulations that those attending must have a purchasing history.

37 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

That’s a good point about hospitality. I don’t really understand what our policy is about opposition fans actively supporting their team in the hospitality areas.

Aha if I don't get a ticket I'm heading to hospitality then.

33 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

That was a fearsome place for a visiting fan! Those little back streets were a nightmare IIRC. I remember coming out after we battered them 5 nil and all I could see were faces in the dark, really nasty!

I used to live down the road from the Vetch. Sadly (or perhaps not) they'd already moved to the Liberty.

3 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

I have an idea.

City round up 100 City fans unable to get a ticket and keep them in the Sports bar or something.

Get stewards to get everyone to open their coats and everytime a United shirt is found take the ticket off them and give it to those waiting.

Ahh, but if United fans sport those grey shirts they wore for 45 minutes against Southampton they'll be invisible.

16 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

Firstly like it or not there will be United fans in the home end, will they keep their mouth shut if they score?  United fans are famous for being a bit mouthy so doubt it.

Secondly for those who do enjoy the aggro United are also known for liking the aggro so potentially it has all the ingredients of kicking off.

Most definitely, I know a Villa supporter and he's mentioned a few times about their away followers who like to lord it up wherever/whoever they are playing and they enjoy a bit of toe to toe.

21 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

I would suggest so.

Then you may have another category of plastics- corporate or student types who might get in, more used to say rugby who may think it's okay to cheer an away side in home ends- unwitting trouble makers perhaps but nonetheless I doubt that would cut much ice with home fans.

3 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I would suggest so.

Then you may have another category of plastics- corporate or student types who might get in, more used to say rugby who may think it's okay to cheer an away side in home ends- unwitting trouble makers perhaps but nonetheless I doubt that would cut much ice with home fans.

There will also be another category of people who have never attended a live game in their lives so think it will be OK to wear their full kits and cheer on United in our end.

We're only little Bristol City remember. All that I've read recently is that United fansexpect us to give them tickets as they are the bigger club.

They feel they are more worthy because they have watched every game on sky over the past x amount of years and brought every kit. More worthy than our fans who were there against the likes of Gillingham.

I have had numerous amounts of messages from people I havnt spoke to in years asking if I can get them a ticket, why do people assume just cos I'm a City fan I can get tickets? I'm going to struggle to get myself one.

24 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

There will also be another category of people who have never attended a live game in their lives so think it will be OK to wear their full kits and cheer on United in our end.

We're only little Bristol City remember. All that I've read recently is that United fansexpect us to give them tickets as they are the bigger club.

They feel they are more worthy because they have watched every game on sky over the past x amount of years and brought every kit. More worthy than our fans who were there against the likes of Gillingham.

I have had numerous amounts of messages from people I havnt spoke to in years asking if I can get them a ticket, why do people assume just cos I'm a City fan I can get tickets? I'm going to struggle to get myself one.

The unwitting and the non attending live games cross over I'd say.

Good example of this- Liverpool fan at a company I used to work for. Well I say fan, he was from the Midlands. Yes he mentioned Liverpool now and then but when they were in the run-in for the title used to wear his Liverpool shirt to work daily. Was in his 30s. People like him essentially.

Agree with your post.

Going to add to it however, the stewards wouldn't let anyone into home ends with visible Man Utd colours.

Archived