IGNORED

City vs Manchester - Dustbin Thread (merged)

City fan 1982

2 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

The club physically can't prevent every single Manchester fan getting in the home end. Some City fans will lend/sell tickets to friends who are Manchester fans of course.

I think if sensible measures are put in place this'll be >0.5%.

I can't remember if any got in to the home end at Yeovil a few years ago, but if even they managed to stop it then we can.

I really hope City fans don't sell or lend to Manchester supporting mates, it's important the home ends are as filled with genuine City fans as possible.

Don't think that's the issue mate

think there will be plenty of ManU supporters / 'sympathisers' about , and I'd suggest for all people's demands regarding ticket priorities rugby club season ticket holders / members , with little or no interest in football, will be the main source of tickets for Man Ure fans , or those who have a tug over the 'gurt  Premiership'

I can see it being a bit fractious if I'm honest but maybe people will calm down once they've got their own ticket and avoided a coronary

10 minutes ago, Dave L said:

Based on my time working at AG, there will be some very careful scrutiny of anyone without a previous booking history looking to buy tickets for this game (even if they have recently purchased a membership). I was part of a team checking ticket applications for the West Ham Cup game a couple of years ago, and had a very entertaining phone conversation with a young lad from Croydon who had bought online tickets in the Williams during the general sale period. He claimed to be a proper 'fan of Bristol' who came to three or four games a season, although he couldn't quite remember the last one. I asked him why he didn't show up on our booking history and he said  he always paid cash on the day. I pointed out that you couldn't pay on the day, so then he claimed his mate always booked the tickets. I asked him his mate's name, but he only knew his first name, not his surname. I then asked him how he could explain the fact that I was sitting at my computer looking at his Facebook page which showed quite clearly that he was a West Ham fan. He told me to **** off and put the phone down. We cancelled his tickets and made sure they went to City fans. We were under no obligation to offer refunds to people who had knowingly booked tickets in the home end, but generally speaking we did. In his case we made an exception :-) 

That's fantastic.

• Admin
1 hour ago, Ian M said:

Come on guys, seriously how could they get away with rigging it? The leaks on Twitter from the studio revealing fixtures from the draw ahead of the release of the video show people don't give a fudge about keeping things to themselves. If they had redrawn it until they got the one they wanted someone in that studio would have been straight on to the press revealing all for a fast buck.

It has amazed me how many posters on this forum have turned into gibbering wrecks posting nonsense since this cup draw was made

4 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Don't think that's the issue mate

think there will be plenty of ManU supporters sympathisers about , and I'd suggest for all people's demands regarding ticket priorities rugby club season ticket holders / members , with little or no interest in football, will be the main source of tickets for Man Ure fans , or those who have a tug over the 'gurt  Premiership'

I can see it being a bit fractious if I'm honest but maybe people will calm down once they've got their own ticker

Will be interesting - I think the club will handle it properly. I just want as many real City fans as possible to get to the game.

I’d hate it if the likes of @JamesBCFC (as an example of someone who’s a huge fan but doesn’t attend all the time) missed out but some plastic United ‘fan’ from Whitchurch got a ticket.

We’ve got 7 weeks or so to get it right and I’m confident the club will.

2 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

So you're a member who has faithfully attended 10-12 matches a season for the last 20 years but now you miss out on a ticket to Bristol-based Man Utd fan with a Sky subscription who signed up yesterday, you'd be happy with that would you?

Financial aspects should come second to rewarding loyalty.

What's your view on some on here who due to  location or circumstances , say go to mostly away games and thus havnt become a member

Should a member who attends a few games be treated better than them ?

(Tbf those I've read in that situation have accepted that they won't get a ticket but are they any less a dedicated fan than those who occasionally use a membership ?)

Quite surprised how many self righteous too cool for school posters are on here mocking those getting excited about the Man U game.  Every year for the last 20 odd people have bemoaned the fact we never draw one of the big clubs in the cup, then when we do we all have to play it down incase we look tinpot to the Man U fans.  I find it embarrassing that some fans are so bothered about perceptions of other fans, as if Man U fans care anyway, or any other fans for that matter.   It’s a great occasion for the club, I for one will enjoy the ride

2 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

I think they estimated a couple of games, at least one the gates accidentally opened. , highest I think was 39k hard to believe and with little segregation .

My dad went to the Bolton game which is the official attendance record, but he claimed there were more people at the next round match as the gates were pushed down.:)

To have Man Utd , Leeds and Liverpool in the last four games and get something from each one showed the fighting spirit we had .

They were the top three clubs in the country at the time .

Coventry should have been ( and turned out to be in the last fifteen minutes) a stroll in the park by comparison.

Being City we nearly blew it as well ! 

Sad that the club treated the old players badly according to Garland .

Bristol City were badly run for decades.

Thanks for the memories , Brian Moore will always be the voice of football for me .

1 hour ago, Monkeh said:

I think they would be better off hiring somewhere like the assembly in Bedminster but the big screen should be looked into for sure

Good idea - potentially a huge money spinner/publicity opportunity if done correctly.

2 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

Would I'm have thought that elf and safety would have a proper eppy if they thought there might be people milling around the stadium without a match ticket.

Yep, can’t see SAG allowing anything if the sort !

13 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Absolutely no doubt that tickets won't make general sale.  It's a certainty. They will be like gold dust on the black market.

If we assume that there are 23000 home tickets (roughly) and EVERY season ticket holder claims theirs (unlikely by not unreasonable) that leaves about 10,000 for members and guests.

I would be amazed if we had more than 5000 members.

Still reckon general sale is highly likely. 

Why don't you think it will get that far?

3 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

If we assume that there are 23000 home tickets (roughly) and EVERY season ticket holder claims theirs (unlikely by not unreasonable) that leaves about 10,000 for members and guests.

every bristol rugby season ticket holder and flyers season ticket holder is a member,

5000 is prob about right

4 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Thought there would be more members than that, especially as the membership will increase after the draw. Also thought we had 14k sc card holders.  A fewcomplimentaries, etc. Any member or sc holder not going will have loads of pwople after his ticket.

9 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

I believe Bristol rugby have over 5,000 season ticket holders, all of which are members. So including them, I wouldn't be at all surprised if there's well in excess of 10,000 Forever Bristol members.

26 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Will be interesting - I think the club will handle it properly. I just want as many real City fans as possible to get to the game.

I’d hate it if the likes of @JamesBCFC (as an example of someone who’s a huge fan but doesn’t attend all the time) missed out but some plastic United ‘fan’ from Whitchurch got a ticket.

We’ve got 7 weeks or so to get it right and I’m confident the club will.

This.

12 hours ago, oldrosie said:

Pre recorded draw

A rugby and cricket player

And the mans arsenal and chelsea kept apart

statistical odds 2308 - 1

Is it really? If you don't stipulate home/away it is far more likely

You have two pools of 4 (big 4/others)

draw the first ball (doesn't matter which group), there is a 4 in 7 chance of getting the other group with the second ball

draw the next one, 3 in 5 you get the other group with the fourth ball

For the third match,  2 in 3

if all the above happen, you're guaranteed to get a big4/other split on the final match

Odds of the above 8 in 35....

2 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

I'm more interested in how our boys perform than looking out for ' Ibra , Pongo , Beaky , Dozy , Mitch and Titch.

This will be a measure of how good our squad is and if we can seriously consider ourselves a  Prem club in waiting.

That is what is interesting . On the day it's 11 v 11 human beings not 11 Lambs v 11 Lions .( although for fans of the Corrida there might be some merit there ) 

Our players need to impose their game .

Our coaching team need to get it spot on and we , the fans , need to get behind them and carry them over the line in another test against a higher placed club.

Agreed. 

At the end of the day it is a chance to see some of the very best up and coming English youngsters. Depending who Manchester pick, might be one or two of theirs worth watching as well.

Archived