IGNORED

City vs Manchester - Dustbin Thread (merged)

City fan 1982

The club physically can't prevent every single Manchester fan getting in the home end. Some City fans will lend/sell tickets to friends who are Manchester fans of course.

I think if sensible measures are put in place this'll be >0.5%.

I can't remember if any got in to the home end at Yeovil a few years ago, but if even they managed to stop it then we can.

I really hope City fans don't sell or lend to Manchester supporting mates, it's important the home ends are as filled with genuine City fans as possible.

8 minutes ago, Milan djurichimovic said:

Anyone have any idea if the club have anything for people who Baught pay on the day tickets for Plymouth stoke and palace?? Don't have a Bristol sport account but kept all of my tickets they do have the barcodes on so don't see why not? Would be a great shame if couldn't get a ticket for this one when I went to other 3 I no I'm not gauranteed one without a season ticket

Yes that should be fine.

If the club get your details, and it goes to general sale (but with priority to purchase history) you'd be fine I think if you can get through.

1 minute ago, MarcusX said:

More importantly who will the people who support Man Utd AND City be cheering on?

Most importantly, IF I can get a ticket and see anyone with a half and half scarf, I WILL be viciously abusing the wearer unless they're 7!

NO, NO, NO!!! I hate those bloody things. :grr:

5 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Not many. The crowd won’t/can’t be much bigger than we had against Brum & Leeds. We have enough to fill the Home areas ourselves. 

I’d imagine the hospitality areas might have a lot of ***** in them though! 

That’s a good point about hospitality. I don’t really understand what our policy is about opposition fans actively supporting their team in the hospitality areas.

11 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Yes that should be fine.

If the club get your details, and it goes to general sale (but with priority to purchase history) you'd be fine I think if you can get through.

Thanks for reply and yeah hopfully eased my mind a little bit :facepalm: can really see us winning if we play joe we can and obviously Jose using alot of young ones who we can make nervous with a rocking Ashton gate and the 3 players we have who we're  on the books at manure will be wanting to prove a point if they start, buzzing for it already 

Just now, Phileas Fogg said:

That’s a good point about hospitality. I don’t really understand what our policy is about opposition fans actively supporting their team in the hospitality areas.

I think the only policy is no club colours. I don’t think you can even wear a City shirt in hospitality. 

19 minutes ago, Jack Dawe said:

Enjoy it, Kid. My first game was City v Man Utd, 1978. You've waited long enough. Watched enough lower league tosh. We've all seen enough lower league mediocrity now. We have been there, and bought the purple and lime away shirt. Time to try being a top class club and really challenge ourselves, on the pitch, and off it (support, ticketing, the lot). 

I'm hoping this gives SL/LJ/all of them the little taste of "what could be" and spurs them/us on to even greater things, and days/nights. 

With the greatest respect, Man United of 1978 isn't anything like the Manchester United of 2017. Not talking about footballing wise talking more about club statue. In 1978 they hadn't won x amount of premier league titles and Champions leagues etc etc.

This is the biggest club we have ever played.

3 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

I think the only policy is no club colours. I don’t think you can even wear a City shirt in hospitality. 

Uncomfortable with that really, difficult to enforce admittedly. Seems though as soon as you pay more money rules go out the window.

1 minute ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Apparently there were Man U fans in home ends at Swansea, wearing Man U shirts tbh.

Seems to happen up and down the country obviously. Saw it mentioned at Hull also.

Wouldn’t get away with that here I don’t think. They’d never have got away with that at Vetch Field a few years ago!

2 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Did a quick twitter search. Apparently there were Man U fans in home ends at Swansea, wearing Man U shirts tbh.

Seems to happen up and down the country obviously. Saw it mentioned at Hull also in a  Cup game last year.

If this happened at Ashton Gate would there be trouble? 

16 hours ago, Vincent Vega said:

I miss Bamboozle. 

Well, young Vincent, am I about to make your day. You can download the app!! Saw it advertised somewhere the other day, nothing special, but a nice throwback for when you've got 5 mins

16 hours ago, Cider_boy said:

me neither, so may have been discussed at length already, but has the draw for any round gone smoothly yet?

Whoever's responsible for these draws really need to reconsider whether they are competent for the job (nope!)

In between yesterday, 4am draws and the 1st round **** up, I don't think they have?

11 hours ago, hodge said:

Fewer tickets available to sell and a requirement for more stewarding increasing costs means we may as well just give them the entire away end, more space in the away end means less of them trying to get in the home end as well. 

In theory I guess, but there are a lot (far too many) of local Manchester fans who will try and get tickets in our section no doubt. Many are members of clubs (used to wind me up seeing all the glory hunters at TM waiting for coaches when we were going away) but many are Sky ST holders, they may well have mates not using tickets or memberships.

1 hour ago, KingLear said:

Can we make it a 'thing' to refer to them as 'Manchester' in the entire build up to this game? Just to wind them up a bit.

The amount of times i've seen us referred to as 'Bristol' in the last 12 hours has started to grate on me haha.

During the RB commentary , Kieth Miller was pulled up for calling us Bristol, it was also mentioned that one player on joining was given a lecture about just that. Can't say who as I was trying to listen at work and it was in and out reception.

5 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Wouldn’t get away with that here I don’t think. They’d never have got away with that at Vetch Field a few years ago!

That was a fearsome place for a visiting fan! Those little back streets were a nightmare IIRC. I remember coming out after we battered them 5 nil and all I could see were faces in the dark, really nasty!

Archived