IGNORED

City vs Manchester - Dustbin Thread (merged)

City fan 1982

Don’t get the suspend / cap the memberships shout. I myself have just bought one having had last years run out in August. Have paid full prices for Derby, Leeds, Villa and Burton - queued for pay on the day at Plymouth. I don’t expect to get a ticket but am hopeful. The club will likely double their revenue through membership fees, may be even get more through the gates leading up to the game. Positive stuff. I’ll be frustrated if I don’t get a ticket, yes. I just hope we maximise this opportunity for new fans and commercially. 

5 hours ago, oldrosie said:

Pre recorded draw

A rugby and cricket player

And the mans arsenal and chelsea kept apart

statistical odds 2308 - 1

Bollocks. You’re fishing for a ticket. Go on. Admit it.

Even though I’ve given first dibs to @palmerred for his nonsense about kids on iPads if any of my 3 don’t fancy it or ask if they can bring their phones if they get bored I’ll tell them no.

And you can come instead. We’ve got great seats, pitchside.

You might even get to high 5 Scrumpy ;)

The twitter feed was calling Chelsea v Bournemouth and City v Man Utd a good 15-20 minutes before the draw, but that could easily just have been leaks from the studio where it was being filmed, seeing the the stream was bust.

There also seems to be a general feeling that draws are fixed to give Man Utd the easiest perceived option.

Gotta love a good conspiracy theory :)

9 minutes ago, richwwtk said:

The twitter feed was calling Chelsea v Bournemouth and City v Man Utd a good 15-20 minutes before the draw, but that could easily just have been leaks from the studio where it was being filmed, seeing the the stream was bust.

There also seems to be a general feeling that draws are fixed to give Man Utd the easiest perceived option.

Let's prove ManU otherwise then!

6 hours ago, Shtanley said:

2308 to 1, surely that’s the likelihood of any of the outcomes :laugh: why’s that relevant

Because this particular outcome looks like the exact draw you would expect to be on Carabao's list.

You'd maybe swap Man Utd for Chelsea, but otherwise if you had asked people before the draw to say what a rigged draw would be, it would be this. 

I haven't checked whether the probability is right, but of course it is relevant. 

37 minutes ago, Fodbarmyarmy said:

The truth will be known when the next batch of JFK files are released....

Bristolians were involved in JFK's shooting I believe - they were from grassy Knowle.

1 hour ago, BigAlToby&Liam said:

Bollocks. You’re fishing for a ticket. Go on. Admit it.

Even though I’ve given first dibs to @palmerred for his nonsense about kids on iPads if any of my 3 don’t fancy it or ask if they can bring their phones if they get bored I’ll tell them no.

And you can come instead. We’ve got great seats, pitchside.

You might even get to high 5 Scrumpy ;)

A very strange reason to give someone first dibs on a ticket.

Ive heard that they are looking back through OTIB and anyone that posted any criticism of LJ last season, those that called for LJ to be sacked or any that criticised SL for appointing LJ will not be allowed any tickets for the game.

35 minutes ago, richwwtk said:

wouldn't it be just desserts /karma if we beat them (MU & the sponsors & SKY). I'd love that for that reason alone… will the ref be sponsored by Carabao, d'you think? :cool:

Thanks I really enjoyed that. I was only thinking about the largest home attendances I have been part of and those 3 games at the end of our first year in the 1st division came to mind. Interesting to hear CG say how nervous he was when he first came back, I must admit I thought it was a lack of confidence, but thankfully he got over it.

1 hour ago, Engvall's Splinter said:

Don’t get the suspend / cap the memberships shout. I myself have just bought one having had last years run out in August. Have paid full prices for Derby, Leeds, Villa and Burton - queued for pay on the day at Plymouth. I don’t expect to get a ticket but am hopeful. The club will likely double their revenue through membership fees, may be even get more through the gates leading up to the game. Positive stuff. I’ll be frustrated if I don’t get a ticket, yes. I just hope we maximise this opportunity for new fans and commercially. 

What's not to get? Suspending memberships - or selling to those with a booking history first - ensures those who've already paid for priority get first dibs ahead of many non-City fans jumping on the bandwagon.

Ensuring tickets get into the most deserving hands should come ahead of commercial interests.

If you've already been to four games at full price this year then with respect it was madness not to get a membership, which would already have paid for itself.

2 hours ago, SX227 said:

People will miss out - but to improve revenue and increase atmosphere, I hope City can sort out a 'fans area' where both sets of fans without tickets can have a beer and watch on a huge screen (yes I know it's December - roast some bloody chestnuts or something!)

Maybe in a large internal venue, or a Queens Square like set-up.

Fiver a ticket, pub prices for drinks with lots of outlets, 10+ food vendors and appropriate security to allow fans to mix with minimal segregation.

Talk to the bus company to lay on shuttles to TM, have a designated taxi rank etc

I know it's not the same as being inside AG, but Richmond did it at their training ground for their fans who couldn't get into the MCG for the Grand Final.

20,000+ people spending on drinks food and merchandise (and next years memberships....)

It would be a ball-ache esp with A+S finest baton twirlers likely to be involved, but City could make a fair few quid if they rented an area, and supplied the beer and burgers for sale.

I reckon we'd sell a few hundred season tickets as well if we won.

That's the attitude a progressive club should take - offer a second option which makes those who missed out feel a bit better, promote the club and make a few Tilsons in the process

SL could rent the mem for a tenner....  :ph34r:

Seriously, the club should be right on this as soon as the definite game date is confirmed.

That’s a very good idea and should be considered - could they do the sports bar and grill even like the World Cup games?

1 hour ago, BigAlToby&Liam said:

And you’ve followed City for 68 years.

Whoopy ******* do. My guess is iPads weren’t invented when you first went to the Gate.

Did you bring conkers to play with in your pocket when you got bored? 

Edie will be there on the night. And if she gets bored she’ll be playing Candy Crush.

Hard luck.

It’s funny, it’s probably me that wants my daughter there for the match more than she does just in case we win!!!

and for the record to the people moaning she’s got a ST so as entitled as anyone to her seat. 

I keep seeing this ‘people who have never seen City before will get a ticket whereas I’ve been going for years....’ stuff. 

How is that going to happen? Not sure how many season tickets we sold but I’m guessing that’ll account for maybe 12k(?), then Forever Bristol members who by definition, the majority must be getting to a good few games or else what’s the point in the membership?

What’s after that? Straight to general sale or are there other levels of membership?

Surely hardly any, if any, will actually get to general sale? By the time you’ve taken out the away allocation, players and their hoardes of hangers on, corporates, season ticket holders and members, that’s surely going to be about it?

14 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Someone is going to have to show me where all this apparent selfishness is. Virtually all the debate has been about how we can make sure tickets get into the hands of genuine City fans.

What, so stopping kids from going despite them being season ticket holders is a good thing? And has nothing to do with people trying to find a way of getting a ticket for themselves rather than allowing those that go to every home game (at least), the opportunity to carry on going to another home game.

I wonder if people would of been asking for a ban on kids if we had drawn Bournemouth? Or is it just because they’re so desperate to see Man Utd? Because there was no issue with ticketing for the Plymouth, Stoke or Palace cup games which suggests to me that those who are moaning probably ‘didn’t bother’ with those games but they now want to bother because we’ve drawn Man Utd!!

I thought the draw was watching Bristol City not the opposition so why can’t the kids carry on going seeing as they’ve been there to watch Millwall, Bolton & Burton amongst others this season!!

10 hours ago, palmerred said:

I'm sure a lot of fans will disagree with me on this, but as a supporter who lives a long way away from Bristol I go to four or five home matches a season but about fifteen away,

i understand the chances of me getting a ticket for the Utd game will be slim, but having been there Tuesday there was loads of kids there, by me three kids in eye shot were playing on iPads during the game and it annoyed me a little.

if the club price it wrongly and offer more than one seat to ST holders and members were gonna have a ground full of members and season ticket holders taking kids for the first time in my eyes and for me this will deny a lot of fans who watch City year in year out a seat.

I hope the club price this around the £30 mark and do no concessions personally. This game should reward the fans who have been going for years on end and finally we get a big tie. This is not the game for first time fans who have not ever seen us play before.

Should be category A full price. We should all expect to pay that. It benefits the club. 

3 hours ago, Dollymarie said:

I saw the draw footage. Here it is. You can skip the first like 3 or 4 minutes.  

Pré recorded video ! 

I get the impression that they kept doing the draw until they got this set of matches .

Anyway it's all rubbish there's no crooks in football.

:whistle2:

As an aside , Man Utd have had their  2017-2018 Caribou Cup winning team photo taken already as some of their players will be away when they lift the trophy .

1 minute ago, Major Isewater said:

Pré recorded video ! 

I get the impression that they kept doing the draw until they got this set of matches .

Anyway it's all rubbish there's no crooks in football.

:whistle2:

As an aside , Man Utd have had their  2017-2018 Caribou Cup winning team photo taken already as some of their players will be away when they lift the trophy .

cue the rubbish photoshop skills. Will John Terry be in it?

Archived