IGNORED

Football Manager 2018

bricej19

52 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

But if I just pulled the plug at the first sign of the crashing I would of been accused of not giving it a chance to be fixed! Having tried the various ‘fixes’ they have suggested, it now looks like I’ve been happily playing for days & it’s taken me beyond their terms for a refund!

So I’m damned if I do & damned if I don’t, aren’t I?!?

And now I’m stuck with a game that I have no confidence in being able to play without it just crashing on me after wasting more hours! I should of just given £28 to a homeless person, at least I would of had some self satisfaction from just giving away the money!!

that my friend is a problem with the games industry in general these days,

the amount of day one patching that goes on is stupid, and thats because games companys (or the shareholder overlords) don't give a damn about whether a game is ready for release or not, they only care about the $$$$$$

thats why we are seeing the modern loot box craze at the moment,

My advice to anyone is always wait 2 weeks after a release to buy a game as most of the bugs would of been ironed out,

It will prob be working great in the next few weeks, sucks I know but thats just how it is these days :(

29 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

that my friend is a problem with the games industry in general these days,

the amount of day one patching that goes on is stupid, and thats because games companys (or the shareholder overlords) don't give a damn about whether a game is ready for release or not, they only care about the $$$$$$

thats why we are seeing the modern loot box craze at the moment,

My advice to anyone is always wait 2 weeks after a release to buy a game as most of the bugs would of been ironed out,

It will prob be working great in the next few weeks, sucks I know but thats just how it is these days :(

The trouble with this 2 hours play crap is the fact that the first crash probably didn’t happen until after those 2 hours anyway!!

I wouldn’t expect to buy a car or even a pair of shoes, use them for 2 hours or so & then have an issue & just accept the fact that it’s gone tits up without then attempting to do anything about it.

It very much feels like I’m expected to just accept that the game doesn’t work & just go along with it in the hope that they ‘might’ sort something out sometime in the future, is that really acceptable? Because I don’t think it is.

I could maybe accept the problem is mine if I had had similar problems with previous editions or if other games didn’t work but this is the first ever issue! I could maybe also accept it if I was the only person having this issue but a look on their forum shows there are loads of people having crashing problems, like you say, all they are interested in is their money, well it’s the last penny them or Steam will ever get out of me!!

12 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

The trouble with this 2 hours play crap is the fact that the first crash probably didn’t happen until after those 2 hours anyway!!

I wouldn’t expect to buy a car or even a pair of shoes, use them for 2 hours or so & then have an issue & just accept the fact that it’s gone tits up without then attempting to do anything about it.

It very much feels like I’m expected to just accept that the game doesn’t work & just go along with it in the hope that they ‘might’ sort something out sometime in the future, is that really acceptable? Because I don’t think it is.

I could maybe accept the problem is mine if I had had similar problems with previous editions or if other games didn’t work but this is the first ever issue! I could maybe also accept it if I was the only person having this issue but a look on their forum shows there are loads of people having crashing problems, like you say, all they are interested in is their money, well it’s the last penny them or Steam will ever get out of me!!

It will work but prob not until the next patch :( it's shit and thats the problem with Digital Downloads,

It also isn't steam, its the games developer, Sega and Sig in this case, 

10 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

It will work but prob not until the next patch :( it's shit and thats the problem with Digital Downloads,

It also isn't steam, its the games developer, Sega and Sig in this case, 

But Steam are who I need to get my refund from because that’s who I purchased it from, it’s all just one big ball ache.

Shan’t be making this mistake again & I’ve told them that.

After trying everything I could search online to do to rectify the problems, I have resorted in taking my PC to a local repair shop!!

On explaining to them what was happening, they already knew my system was running on Windows 7 & automatically said it was a Microsoft issue & that it would of been one of their ‘updates’ that would of caused these issues!! I’m looking at anywhere between £65-£140 to get it repaired if it’s a basic issue, god knows how much it’ll cost if it’s a bigger issue.

How is everyone doing with city now?

After two consecutive 3rd place play off loses I won the championship, finished 9th in the prem in my 1st year and currently 14th in 2nd season, although struggling quite a bit.

My team would be:

GK: Fernandez - £1.5m from Zaragoza (newgen)

DR: Jonjoe Kenny - Free from Everton

DC: John Soutar - £3.2m from Hearts

DC: Nathan Baker

DL: Harry Toffolo - Free from Norwich

MC: Josuah Onomah - £3.2 from Spurs

MC: Carles Alena - £11m from RBL

AML: Josh Murphy - Free from Hull

AMR: Kenedy - Free from Chelsea

AMC: Rakeem Knight - Youth Product

SC: Andreas Tobros - £13.5m from Olympiakos (newgen)

6 hours ago, grifty said:

How is everyone doing with city now?

After two consecutive 3rd place play off loses I won the championship, finished 9th in the prem in my 1st year and currently 14th in 2nd season, although struggling quite a bit.

My team would be:

GK: Fernandez - £1.5m from Zaragoza (newgen)

DR: Jonjoe Kenny - Free from Everton

DC: John Soutar - £3.2m from Hearts

DC: Nathan Baker

DL: Harry Toffolo - Free from Norwich

MC: Josuah Onomah - £3.2 from Spurs

MC: Carles Alena - £11m from RBL

AML: Josh Murphy - Free from Hull

AMR: Kenedy - Free from Chelsea

AMC: Rakeem Knight - Youth Product

SC: Andreas Tobros - £13.5m from Olympiakos (newgen)

Still can’t get my game to work properly!! And have been waiting for a month for Sega to give me a refund ‘as a gesture of goodwill’!!

There are thousands of people unable to play the game by all accounts & the technical advice I have been given by sigames staff, has been:

Uninstall antivirus, uninstall game, reinstall game, delete cache, delete history, delete graphics card, reinstall graphics card & update BIOS!!

My PC got to the stage that it wouldn’t even start so I had to take it to be repaired, so with a completely clean system was when they advised updating the BIOS, this crashed my system & it had to go in again for repair but luckily enough I just told them it had crashed (without me doing anything) & they reinstalled windows again but free of charge, I told them I had been advised to update my BIOS because of this game & they told me my BIOS would of had nothing to do with the game not working!!

Anyway, was told over the weekend that the new update 18.2 was out & to give it a try, 5 hours later & it crashed again, I have informed them of this & 4 days later I’ve not had a reply from them on their forum!!

Shan’t be buying the future editions of the game!!

2 hours ago, grifty said:

Oh :(

I've got to say, I haven't had any issues at all

I’ve not managed to get beyond November of the first season without the game crashing, never had a problem with any previous editions of the game but this one just won’t work & I’m not the only person with this & similar other problems.

Right, the other half got me it for Christmas. Got to say I hate the dynamics system, good idea but seems really poorly implemented.

Also seems a bit easier than last year? I struggled with the last game but I've put together a nice little run in my first game with Portsmouth.

So I've just played Forest 22 games in and 36 points with a record of W10 D6 L6. Dodgy start but unbeaten in my last 7 and worked my way up to 4th but 6 points behind 3rd. Usual starting line up looks like

Fielding

Pisano .... Flint.... Baker.. Magnússon

Paterson .... Brownhill .... Smith .... Eliasson

Diedhiou ... Reid

Last time I don't think I gave it long enough for the whole forming partnerships etc in your starting line up, pre season is a lot more important this year and I like the squad dynamics feature, players becoming more influential the longer they've been around/the better they do. Only brought a couple of loans in as there wasn't much budget, so sent Leko back and brought in Joe Lolley from Huddersfield, been very good so far, chipped in with a few goals and I have a £1.5m future fee option on him so will probably look to bring him in for next season. I also brought in Harry Wilson from Liverpool but hasn't had much of a chance with my first choice wingers performing. 

1 hour ago, hodge said:

31 games in and Middlesbrough are 20 points clear having only lost 2 games all season!

Jesus. 

Just saw Swansea get beaten 9-0 in a league fixture in my City save, by Newcastle :blink:. Then went and tonked them 3-0 in the Carabao Cup, they played Ki Seung-Yung and Renato Sanches as their CBs. Bizarre.

Well that was one of those 'one more game' evenings with the cricket on as well :laugh:  38 games down and I'm 3rd, 4 points behind Wolves with similar run ins and 6 points above 7th. Striker predicament, Diedhiou had slowed down and Engvall is scoring every other game, but then Reid has the best rating per game score, trying to stick with my 442. 

5a444be333926_earlyfixtures.thumb.png.aa52aed8ed35cc525be4e7c5881811b7.png

Right, heres another weird one.

Bar the couple of obvious exceptions - I've managed to earn an undeserved late point at Brentford, lose at Brum, and draw to Aston Villa after they scored from a deflection.

I'm better than LJ though, based on this :thumbsup:

9 hours ago, hodge said:

Well that was one of those 'one more game' evenings with the cricket on as well :laugh:  38 games down and I'm 3rd, 4 points behind Wolves with similar run ins and 6 points above 7th. Striker predicament, Diedhiou had slowed down and Engvall is scoring every other game, but then Reid has the best rating per game score, trying to stick with my 442. 

What player roles are you using mate?

38 minutes ago, TammyAB said:

What player roles are you using mate?

Not sure if you were on about all or just strikers soooo.....

Pisano - defensive fb - defend

Flint - defensive cb - defend

Baker - Central defender - stopper

Golbourne - full back automatic

Lolley - winger attack/inverted winger

Grujic - advanced playmaker - support

smith - ball winning mid - defend or support depending on game

Paterson - winger attack/inverted winger

Engvall - advanced forward

diedhiou - target man - attacking if with reid, support if with engvall

Other commonly used players

Wright - Defensive CB - stopper

Magnússon - at left back - Defensive full back

Pack - Deep lying playmaker - defend

Brownhill - Deep lying playmaker - support

Eliasson - winger - attack 

Harry Wilson - winger attack

Reid - False 9

Smith (average rating 7.19) has been an ever present member of the side and Grujic (7.2 ave rating) is a quality loan if you can get him in, to be fair all my CM combos seem to be alright with Pack the only one below a 7 average rating but still like 6.9 ish, I often have Pack on the bench if I look to close out a game having another defensive minded player. Engvall has been on fire since I've brought him in 13 games, 9 goals and 7 assists! Up to 2nd with 6 games to go, Wolves a point behind. Forest already relegated miles adrift and Cardiff a few points above the drop, Rovers 2 points above the drop in L1, Walsall 4 points behind have 2 games in hand...

Wolves lose! Reading draw! and City...... WIN! Going into the last game City 80 points, Wolves 79 and Reading 78. The 4-2 win pushed me past the 100 goals for the season mark as well but I've conceded  76, QPR in the relegation zone have conceded 81 :laugh: 

Well my standard fm manager problem is striking again, I can get teams promoted to the premier league but struggle to keep them up, lost my first 5 league games and something like a -14 goal difference already. I knew it was going to be hard to keep City up regardless of who I brought in so I tried going with the approach of setting City up with a squad who should be able to dominate the championship should I get relegated. 

Signings over the summer included

Betenelli, Bentley around £4m each

Borthwick-Jackson - £3m

Leinhart (Real Madrid) on loan at CB

Maitland-Niles on loan

Lewis Baker on loan

Josh McEachran - £2.5m

Sessegnon £8m

Jamie Murphy £2m

Joe Lolley - £1.5m

James Wilson £1.8m

11 hours ago, hodge said:

Well my standard fm manager problem is striking again, I can get teams promoted to the premier league but struggle to keep them up, lost my first 5 league games and something like a -14 goal difference already. I knew it was going to be hard to keep City up regardless of who I brought in so I tried going with the approach of setting City up with a squad who should be able to dominate the championship should I get relegated. 

Signings over the summer included

Betenelli, Bentley around £4m each

Borthwick-Jackson - £3m

Leinhart (Real Madrid) on loan at CB

Maitland-Niles on loan

Lewis Baker on loan

Josh McEachran - £2.5m

Sessegnon £8m

Jamie Murphy £2m

Joe Lolley - £1.5m

James Wilson £1.8m

Have you tried using control as a mentality yet? Even against better sides its very overpowered this year imo

Archived