IGNORED

Sunderland v Newcastle.. nightlife

BCFC1512

5 hours ago, Taunton_BCFC said:

What a place Sunderland is! Much better than Newcastle imo! Cracking night, everywhere packed and not a hint of trouble!

Got to agree.  Out various places wearing city logo and more a case of wanting to share a drink and chat about football than starting a fight.  8 hours to get there and just got back after 7 hour drive back - worth every minute!!

1 hour ago, Hampshire reds said:

If Sunderland is better than Newcastle then it must be good. I thought Sunderland was the pits. The pubs in Newcastle are awesome 

I agree I was wandering around Sunderland for a bit last night and there was some odd looking characters around, surely can't be better than Newcastle the whole place felt a bit run down and distinctly 2nd best to the more affluent toon, even the taxi drivers were slagging it off... In saying that enjoyed the stay and would definitely go back next year. 

1 hour ago, xerox6060 said:

I agree I was wandering around Sunderland for a bit last night and there was some odd looking characters around, surely can't be better than Newcastle the whole place felt a bit run down and distinctly 2nd best to the more affluent toon, even the taxi drivers were slagging it off... In saying that enjoyed the stay and would definitely go back next year. 

....and did you get a bit????

:whistle:

1 hour ago, Redtucks said:

....and did you get a bit????

:whistle:

I was shagging a bit of stuff up there in the early eighties. Still tell a story about how they refused to serve her a pint in a pub. She can have two halves said the Landlord. 

Do the birds drink pints there now?

Agree that Sunderland looks a bit run down but what great people. We were in a pub called the Dun Cow for a couple of hours before the game mixing with the locals. Superb ale and they also had Stowford Press on draught. Would definitely go back but we're greeted in Newcastle like heroes for beating their enemy:yes:

There are some canny places in Sunderland and the people are very friendly, the police were vile though/

As for Newcastle, personally I think its an amazing place, some really nice restaurants and a good clothes shop (END), the latter has left me with a huge whole in my pocket!

Even up the Byker Wall Estates Pub (visiting a mate) we were made to feel welcome, we were offered a bike, a pack of lamb chops and pretty much every drug you can think of. Amusingly the chap offering us his bag of wares was in charge of his mobile empire, not using a flash motor but by way of mobility scooter. You've got to laugh really.

9 hours ago, REDOXO said:

I was shagging a bit of stuff up there in the early eighties. Still tell a story about how they refused to serve her a pint in a pub. She can have two halves said the Landlord. 

Do the birds drink pints there now?

Ah, how sweet. Aint love grand.

Archived