IGNORED

Tammy rejected Nigeria : Now named in the England squad (Merged)

Reigate Red

19 hours ago, Reigate Red said:

Many have stated this season how good it would be to see Tammy play for England. Possible that we may not see that:

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/england-in-danger-of-losing-chelseas-tammy-abraham-to-nigeria-national-team-a3546031.html

Shame if that happens.

Says that he has turned them down before and is set to do so again. Bit of a non story.

7 minutes ago, deadredfred said:

Or as we know him, Tammy.

Interesting article on how Nigeria are trying to poach him before he gets a full England cap. Slow news day, I know.

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41188906

(I'm aware he's not our player. I'm aware many aren't bothered. Don't sh*t yourself in fury if you're not interested, don't read it.)

Too late, put that at the top of the post next time

6 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

I personally think he's got a good chance of playing for England. We're not that great. We certainly ain't got no shearer these days 

To be fair it's probably just our inflated ego to suggest he chose Wales over us anyway, he represented Wales over every format, u-16,17,19,...

"Woodburn was offered an under-16 call-up by England in August 2014 but chose to remain in the Wales setup at that time." So it's not a rash decision, clearly Welsh at heart. Both parents Welsh

7 minutes ago, EmersonsRed said:

To be fair it's probably just our inflated ego to suggest he chose Wales over us anyway, he represented Wales over every format, u-16,17,19,...

"Woodburn was offered an under-16 call-up by England in August 2014 but chose to remain in the Wales setup at that time." So it's not a rash decision, clearly Welsh at heart. Both parents Welsh

Sorry I was on about Tammy. Also didn't realise that young lad played for wales youth . Got wires crossed 

7 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Interesting dilemma for him. He could probably make over 100 caps for Nigeria and could be a hero there - whereas obviously much bigger competition for England.

I think he stands an excellent chance at playing for England though.

Agree with this but not sure about the 100 caps??? I think yobo is most capped Nigeria player ever and he's only got 87!!

31 minutes ago, Spoons said:

Agree with this but not sure about the 100 caps??? I think yobo is most capped Nigeria player ever and he's only got 87!!

It would partly go with how strong their squad is.

If he is leading the line and scoring freely against defences they have a good chance of making it to a World Cup and doing well in a few ACoNs, both will boost his appearences, he only needs 8 games a year until he is 33 to get over 100.

Archived