IGNORED

Preston on a Big Slide

Port Said Red

8 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Just shows how important it is to have strength in depth in any squad.

LJ obviously knew that and has built a squad capable of absorbing the injuries that all clubs experience during the any season 

2 minutes ago, Eastside Moonwalker said:

Have a mate who’s a Preston fan, says all their defenders are injured with pretty big injuries. They’re playing a midfielder at the back atm as well as their 5th choice CB. Next game they have enough players to field the defence but have to go to the youth team for subs 

Just shows how difficult it is to compete in this league on a lower budget, you might feel your strongest 11 can compete with most sides, but you need to be very lucky to keep them all fit. 

2 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Just shows how difficult it is to compete in this league on a lower budget, you might feel your strongest 11 can compete with most sides, but you need to be very lucky to keep them all fit. 

Of course PSR but having quality replacements obviously heljps.

That said if  Wright/Hodur gets injured and Baker is absent thru injury - what then?

30 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Just shows how important it is to have strength in depth in any squad.

LJ obviously knew that and has built a squad capable of absorbing the injuries that all clubs experience during the any season 

Everyone knows that.

Preston don’t have the budget we have though. Whilst I’m sure they have numbers, their 2nd string probably lacks quality as opposed to the leagues big spenders.

14 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Of course PSR but having quality replacements obviously heljps.

That said if  Wright/Hodur gets injured and Baker is absent thru injury - what then?

Probably Vyner alongside Flint if all of those were out. Hegeler is out injured as well of course! Unless we can recall Taylor Moore?

We have massive depth in defence and they are all quality, we have two back fours that I believe would compete in this league regardless of the combination.

Pisano Flint Baker Bryan

Vyner Wright Magnússon Kelly

We also have Hegeler, real credit to the back line LJ has put together

2 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

After being one of the surprises at the very beginning of the season with 19pts from 10 games, they now have 21pts from 15 games. I understand they have four defenders out injured,  I hope they don't rush back before the 21st November. 

to that you can add callum woods and josh earl, both out with bad injuries tonight.

6 hours ago, ollywhyte said:

Probably Vyner alongside Flint if all of those were out. Hegeler is out injured as well of course! Unless we can recall Taylor Moore?

We have massive depth in defence and they are all quality, we have two back fours that I believe would compete in this league regardless of the combination.

Pisano Flint Baker Bryan

Vyner Wright Magnússon Kelly

We also have Hegeler, real credit to the back line LJ has put together

Hegs is out for 14 weeks isn't he?

8 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Don't we call it a slider in Bristol?!

I was given funny looks in work (Essex) when I said that I've had to tape off the slider as there was a problem with it, but I needed to get bits to repair it. "What's a slider? Oh you mean the SLIDE"

The old head teacher knew what I meant because she was from Bristol as well (sag).

On ‎02‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 01:23, pillred said:

to that you can add callum woods and josh earl, both out with bad injuries tonight.

Callum Woods again? He is one unlucky player - he`s only just back I think from doing his knee ligaments in pre season last year and missing the whole season. It`s a real shame as he looks a good player.

What is it this time?

51 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Callum Woods again? He is one unlucky player - he`s only just back I think from doing his knee ligaments in pre season last year and missing the whole season. It`s a real shame as he looks a good player.

What is it this time?

taken off at half time against villa with suspected knee ligament damage, as you say shame as he has only just returned after a long time out.

We have 7 defenders out injured. It's not a training/intensity issue either. Clarke is a snapped achilles. Cunningham/Earl/Spurr/Woods all medial knee ligament. Ben Davies had appendicitis recently. Only minor strain was Vermijl who's a bit of a sicknote really and way down the pecking order anyway.

Huntington was banned on Wednesday too so our CB pairing in the second half when Woods (RB filling in at CB) went off injured was Boyle (inexperienced, down the pecking order CB signed from Dundalk), and Browne (a CM).

It's becoming a joke to be honest. Neil had a great start but this has been badly holding him back in recent weeks. Strengthening in January is vital.

We do have an issue at times we squad depth but as Neil said, you can go on about we should've done this and that in the summer and etc. but you can't legislate for 7 defenders out injured, several of which are long-term/serious.

8 minutes ago, pnefcok said:

We have 7 defenders out injured. It's not a training/intensity issue either. Clarke is a snapped achilles. Cunningham/Earl/Spurr/Woods all medial knee ligament. Ben Davies had appendicitis recently. Only minor strain was Vermijl who's a bit of a sicknote really and way down the pecking order anyway.

Huntington was banned on Wednesday too so our CB pairing in the second half when Woods (RB filling in at CB) went off injured was Boyle (inexperienced, down the pecking order CB signed from Dundalk), and Browne (a CM).

It's becoming a joke to be honest. Neil had a great start but this has been badly holding him back in recent weeks. Strengthening in January is vital.

We do have an issue at times we squad depth but as Neil said, you can go on about we should've done this and that in the summer and etc. but you can't legislate for 7 defenders out injured, several of which are long-term/serious.

That is rough. Don’t think any team can cope without their first 7 defenders. We may be down 3 come tomorrow(Pisano, Wright and Baker) but still have adequate cover. Well RB may be an issue but have a young player with 5-10 appearances there for us plus 20 or so in L2. 

Preston NE’s attackers all seem good on paper though. Some good value buys it seems from afar. Barkuizen, Maguire and Robinson in recent years for very cheap. 

13 hours ago, JoeAman08 said:

That is rough. Don’t think any team can cope without their first 7 defenders. We may be down 3 come tomorrow(Pisano, Wright and Baker) but still have adequate cover. Well RB may be an issue but have a young player with 5-10 appearances there for us plus 20 or so in L2. 

Preston NE’s attackers all seem good on paper though. Some good value buys it seems from afar. Barkuizen, Maguire and Robinson in recent years for very cheap. 

Maguire is very good but this has just been announced - https://www.pnefc.net/news/2017/november/sean-maguire-set-to-undergo-operation/

North End’s Irish international forward Sean Maguire will undergo an operation after picking up an injury to his hamstring.

The No.24 has suffered a similar injury to the one that has ruled out Greg Cunningham since the second week of the season and is expected to be out for an extended period.

The striker will join the likes of Cunningham, Tommy Spurr and Tom Clarke on a rehabilitation programme and the club wishes him a speedy recovery.

Another huge blow to our season.

On 11/2/2017 at 09:23, Taz said:

I was given funny looks in work (Essex) when I said that I've had to tape off the slider as there was a problem with it, but I needed to get bits to repair it. "What's a slider? Oh you mean the SLIDE"

The old head teacher knew what I meant because she was from Bristol as well (sag).

mate has got his daughter into a really good school in north london with her mate who are both mad city fans. they turned up to the first girls football practice with their replica strips and the teacher was a sag! 

4 hours ago, pnefcok said:

Maguire is very good but this has just been announced - https://www.pnefc.net/news/2017/november/sean-maguire-set-to-undergo-operation/

Is this going to be it do you think mate? I`m guessing you can`t spend bucketloads in January so presumably you`ll be relying on what you`ve done brilliantly at in the past - picking up rough diamonds for peanuts and turning them into good players?

4 hours ago, pnefcok said:

I can't believe your injury 'luck', feel for you mate. Did I read that you had 10 different defence combinations in 16 games, unsettling or what. 

6 hours ago, hoxton casual said:

mate has got his daughter into a really good school in north london with her mate who are both mad city fans. they turned up to the first girls football practice with their replica strips and the teacher was a sag! 

Really small world isn't it!! Remember a few years ago we were walking around London near Christmas, had a city shirt and hat on, and got stopped 3 or 4 times that day!!

Archived