IGNORED

Bailey Wright - Suspended for 2 matches

View from the Dolman

2 minutes ago, Keyardiv said:

No, I'm not sure why you would think I'm implying that. I was trying to clarify how the term simulation is used with a clearer example. The ball clearly "whacked' Rivaldo but he went down clutching his face. That's what your player is being accused of.

I even stated 'guilty or not' in my post to make this clear. I was trying to help another poster out who seemed to be trying to explain the charge too. I obviously haven't helped. 

Bristol City forum mate,  fock off!

1 hour ago, Midred said:

It'll be interesting to see if all the Cardiff players manage to stay on their feet tomorrow rather than attempting to penalise the city players? Also will city be expected to remain upright at all times against Neil's dark arts?

Excellent point.

Reckon this will stop Colin and his usual antics?

Sadly no ******* chance :blink:

Think we are absolutely right to contest this with accusatory language, if that's what it's considered to be. Cannot see how the red card was overturned as Kamara clearly strikes/pushes Wright. I thought striking an opponent, particularly not in open play, was a red card. The banning of Wright obviously stems from Fulham's successful appeal but how the heck did the panel consider it to be NOT striking on that video evidence? Decidedly fishy this decision. We need to pursue it.

Bloody hell just realised it was Scott Duncan the same referee who was in charge of Carlisle vs Wycombe, the game which involved the incident with Shaun Miller being the first guy to get retrospectively suspended for simulation. Any coincidence this guy has already been involved with 2 decisions that have been reversed or just the common factor of him being shit?

7 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

The Sky highlights show Wright clutching his face... 

They also appear to show Kamara's elbow moving towards Wright's face. Said elbow MIGHT have caught him on the chin. Would need a different camera angle to be certain whether it did or didn't. Did the panel have that?

1 hour ago, super_scotty_murray said:

I do agree that there must have been numerous similar incidents over the course of this season that have not had such a punishment.

Unfortunately someone was going to be made a scapegoat somewhere along the way and it is us. 

From now on they have be consistent with this if they have set this one as a precedent, otherwise I agree that we are being unfairly treated.

I do think however that Bailey did make a meal of it, and therefore we of course are a little biased as he is one of our own. If the shoe was on the other foot I imagine we would see it differently.

Well you are in a minority of ONE...the shove was enough to ground anyone, it was an assault, clearly, not a case of being biased at all, this is a total miscarriage, I cannot begin to get my head around it, if he did simulate, I would feel at ease, but he didn't. 

1 hour ago, View from the Dolman said:

For anyone wondering who sits on the panel...

If The FA believes that there may be a case to answer, a three-person panel consisting of one ex-player, one ex-manager and one ex-match official will be convened from the pool, subject to any conflicts of interest.

Former players/managers
· Dai Adkins
· Blodwyn Brown-Finnis
· Dai Butcher
· Dai Dixon
· Dai McLeish
· Dai Murphy
· Dai Powell 
· Dai Sinclair 

Former match officials
· Myffanwy Barratt
· Dai Dunn
· Dai Mullarkey
· Dai Wiley
· Dai Wolstenhome

· Dai Warnock

http://www.thefa.com/news/2017/aug/04/fa-confirm-pool-for-successful-deception-offences-040817

Fixed that for you.

1 minute ago, RidgeRed said:

They also appear to show Kamara's elbow moving towards Wright's face. Said elbow MIGHT have caught him on the chin. Would need a different camera angle to be certain whether it did or didn't. Did the panel have that?

I agree - his elbow might have. I's just suggesting that the panel's view is that it didn't and have therefore concluded Wright was play acting by holding his face.

The video evidence available to joe public doesn't support a rescinding of the red card - you would have thought - and doesn't seem conclusive enough to be sure there was no contact with Wright's face - but that's the FA for you! 

2 hours ago, Leveller said:

This has to be the basis, surely?

He was clearly pushed over but if he faked being hit in the face to make it a red card, it changes the case considerably.

So if that's the case and they're going to be consistent, we should be seeing a dozen bans handed out every single week.

Not happening, is it?

21 minutes ago, Keyardiv said:

No, I'm not sure why you would think I'm implying that. I was trying to clarify how the term simulation is used with a clearer example. The ball clearly "whacked' Rivaldo but he went down clutching his face. That's what your player is being accused of.

I even stated 'guilty or not' in my post to make this clear. I was trying to help another poster out who seemed to be trying to explain the charge too. I obviously haven't helped. 

I would suggest that you were implying that Bailey Wright was NOT “whacked”. There is no doubt whatsoever that he clearly WAS. 

Deliberately, or accidentally, he blantently got clattered, off the ball. Whether that contact was with his face, or upper body is not clear and largely irrelevant. 

Baily Wright receiving a 2 game ban is a ******* discgrace! No 2 ways about it! 

1 hour ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

That's pretty much what he did.

I have just watched it, and to me it looks as if Kamaras shoulder is raised as if his elbow or forearm was making contact within the chest/head area of BW. With that in mind I'd say it was understandable that he was holding his face.

40 minutes ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

Being shown on https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/4835175/bristol-city-bailey-wright-diving-ban-aboubakar-kamara/

the bit that is not very clear, after he pushes him in the chest it appears that he catches him with the right elbow on the chin

Agree completely, as per previous comment above.

12 minutes ago, hodge said:

Did you read what I put? You often see people clutch their face when hurt, hell I know I did when I dislocated me knee.

Again agree completely. It's almost an instinct to either grab the part that you have hurt, or to cover your face. Done it many a time myself.

I don't think we've heard the last of this by a long way.

22 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

Do the FA keep a " little black book " I wonder ? . Both Rotherham and City , I believe have successfully appealed "reds" this season. Probably just a coincidence but to date we are the only 2 teams to cop retrospective simulation bans !!! Hmmmm! 

Are we paying the price for Taylor's "broken nose" that was made  alot of?

20 minutes ago, hodge said:

Did you read what I put? You often see people clutch their face when hurt, hell I know I did when I dislocated me knee.

Laughable. A big tough Aussie gets a whack on the torso so clutches his face and his legs collapse.

He'll be playing in a pink tutu next!

I'm sure dislocating your knee was excruciating btw but the same level of agony seems highly unlikely in Wright's case.

1 minute ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

Laughable. A big tough Aussie gets a whack on the torso so clutches his face and his legs collapse.

He'll be playing in a pink tutu next!

I'm sure dislocating your knee was excruciating btw but the same level of agony seems highly unlikely in Wright's case.

It's not about the push he received though as I said before, in his statement he said he landed awkwardly on his neck/top of his back, which can be painful. The reason Bailey stayed down according to him is nothing to do with the contact he was on the receiving end of. However the contact is the main point of Kamara's red card being rescinded as it did happen and someone of Kamara's size would definitely be able to push with enough force to make almost anyone fall over. 

Archived