IGNORED

Bailey Wright - Suspended for 2 matches

View from the Dolman

3 hours ago, bobbyhutchscurlymullet said:

So why aren't players who are booked for simulation given 2 match bans. 

Good point. This highlights that the rule is daft as well. Wright has been banned for ‘successful deception of the match official’. So if you simulate with a good ref who spots it, you are merely booked. If you do the same simulation with a poor ref who doesn’t spot it, you get a two match ban. So in effect Wright has been punished more severely because the ref was poor! 

1 minute ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Our statement has been up for a few hours now, there's no way this is fake unfortunately. 

You’re probably right. But it just bugs me that the only trace of their official statement is a Twitter account with 1,400 followers that was set up 2 weeks ago. Nothing on the FA website. It’s just odd. 

1 minute ago, Fordy62 said:

You’re probably right. But it just bugs me that the only trace of their official statement is a Twitter account with 1,400 followers that was set up 2 weeks ago. Nothing on the FA website. It’s just odd. 

It is odd. Very odd.

You can’t think there hasn’t been verifiable contact though. 

3 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

It is odd I agree, I just think we're not amateur enough to fall for something as important as this.

55 minutes ago, spudski said:

I've not had the chance to read all through the posts, but I really can't understand why the Club have published this NOW. Why not wait until after the teams have been announced?

Surely this gives Cardiff an advantage knowing he's not gong to play?

Why not keep shtum?

I don't think it's beyond the realms of possibility that Lee is learning some of the tricks of the trade from the likes of Warnock,  the #winitforbails thing seems to suggest he's using it as strong motivation.

Ridiculous decision btw

1 hour ago, spudski said:

I've not had the chance to read all through the posts, but I really can't understand why the Club have published this NOW. Why not wait until after the teams have been announced?

Surely this gives Cardiff an advantage knowing he's not gong to play?

Why not keep shtum?

The City players should be so incensed by this they wont want any geeing up to their best thats for sure!!

I don't know if anyone has read the thread on Fulham's forums but 99% of them are convinced they were in the right. http://www.friendsoffulham.com/forum/index.php?topic=62354.0  for the link. Being a fan of a club and supporting a player is one thing, but outright denying any wrongdoing is ridiculous! It was clearly a red card for an incident off the ball. 

2 hours ago, hodge said:

It's not about the push he received though as I said before, in his statement he said he landed awkwardly on his neck/top of his back, which can be painful. The reason Bailey stayed down according to him is nothing to do with the contact he was on the receiving end of. However the contact is the main point of Kamara's red card being rescinded as it did happen and someone of Kamara's size would definitely be able to push with enough force to make almost anyone fall over. 

Agreed. You also have to consider that play had stopped so Bailey was most probably caught off guard. He certainly wasn't expecting that player, who was no slouch to shove him. Unless he was bracing himself no wonder he fell and fell heavily. 

5 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

I get the impression, given the FA panel meet in Sloane square, just around the corner from Craven cottage that the FA don't want clubs from outside the usual suspects crashing their cash party in the Premier League.

Bizarre decision, especially overturning the red card for Fulham's bloke, he was an argument waiting to happen on Tuesday night! 

Your'e right, according to the RB commentary,  he has already bundled JB over the steps at the side of the pitch before this incident. which could have caused an injury to him and the ref did nothing. Hadwin  (RB commentator)  was convinced he had pushed BW in the face and caused him to fall,  so was Adam Baker and looking at the video that is obviously what happened.   The assistant saw what had happened and came on to the pitch to advise the ref,  as he had his back turned to the incident,  so how can they overturn the red card for Kamara and suspend BW for two games?   It's really beyond belief!   I know City are consulting their legal team and I hope that if this is decision is found to be incorrect then they should sue the FA,  especially if we lose the match tomorrow.  i sincerely hope that we beat Cardiff with a weakened team and show the rest of the league that we are a force to be reckoned with in the Championship and that we don't need to cheat to win matches.   COYR's

29 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Nothing may be counted as odd when it comes to the FA.

Is a 2 match ban better or worse than 80 hours of community service - and I suppose he will be playing tomorrow.

Lucky the Tomlin incident wasn't in a league match or the  guy Tomlin punched would come off with a worse punishment than LT,  if the FA had anything to do with 

13 minutes ago, Nathandao said:

I don't know if anyone has read the thread on Fulham's forums but 99% of them are convinced they were in the right. http://www.friendsoffulham.com/forum/index.php?topic=62354.0  for the link. Being a fan of a club and supporting a player is one thing, but outright denying any wrongdoing is ridiculous! It was clearly a red card for an incident off the ball. 

I don't think the red card is the issue here. I'm willing to accept it's arguable as to whether it should have been a red or not.

The real issue here is that if you are going to hand out retrospective punishment with no means of appeal, with direct and immediate impact on the team, then the evidence for an offence needs to be categoric and beyond reasonable doubt. This is anything but. The contact on Wright is forceful and undeniable. The authenticity of the reaction is impossible to judge with any certainty. If the panel can be certain that isn't WASN'T a red card, then by equal measure they CANNOT be certain it WAS simulation.

An absolute disgrace.

2 hours ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

Laughable. A big tough Aussie gets a whack on the torso so clutches his face and his legs collapse.

He'll be playing in a pink tutu next!

I'm sure dislocating your knee was excruciating btw but the same level of agony seems highly unlikely in Wright's case.

Played rugby and worked on a A&E ward for a couple of years when I was younger. 

16 stone of player with momentum and using the explosive force of their arms to hit you will knock you over. especially if you are not expecting it or even or are of balance because your moving somewhere in your own right.

People hold their faces when in pain. You see it all the time no matter the intensity of the pain. 

If they want to interpret BW's reaction as simulation, fine. It's bullshit, but fine. But to overturn Kamara's red card is ludicrous. He ran at Bailey and shoved him over. Presumably the linesman saw him do it, told the ref what had happened and he sent him off. Which would have been in his report. The whole decision and process makes no sense whatsoever

Do we have the right to go to the Court Of Arbitration For Sport in Switzerland? Just seems stupid that Fulham can appeal it but we can't

I'm utterly flabbergasted by this whole affair

1 minute ago, phantom said:

Probably set the team up before his ban was overturned 

Exactly what I was just about to post. Fulham thought they would be without him, actually they did play much better without him.

2 hours ago, Fordy62 said:

Lets look at facts:

Is it an assault in terms of the law? Yes. 

Is it a red card? Maybe. 

Can we definitely tell that Wright was struck to the face? No. 

Can we definitely tell that Wright wasn’t struck to the face? No. 

Can we definitely say that Wright over egged it? No. 

Irrespective of club allegiance this appears to be the most bizarre decision I’ve ever known the Fa to make. 

Don't worry Fordy,  they will make plenty more!

41 minutes ago, chipdawg said:

If they want to interpret BW's reaction as simulation, fine. It's bullshit, but fine. But to overturn Kamara's red card is ludicrous. He ran at Bailey and shoved him over. Presumably the linesman saw him do it, told the ref what had happened and he sent him off. Which would have been in his report. The whole decision and process makes no sense whatsoever

Do we have the right to go to the Court Of Arbitration For Sport in Switzerland? Just seems stupid that Fulham can appeal it but we can't

I'm utterly flabbergasted by this whole affair

If there is an appeals process I would be half tempted to play him on Saturday. If it gets overturned we haven't done anything wrong in playing him, so can't be penalised and it's brilliant fingers up. Big risk in our position though so that's probably just belligerent me. 

Archived