IGNORED

IMPORTANT - South Stand Display vs Cardiff

James

• Admin
4 hours ago, BRISTOL86 said:

That really is an absolute horror show from Junior. What the hell point is he trying to make other than ‘I have thinly veiled contempt for you all’ ?

PR disaster. 

Jon appears to be genuinely sticking two fingers up at his customers, his Gerald Ratner moment?

Mum & Dad, when you read this, please have a word. You may share his contempt of us fans but it's never wise in business to take the piss out of your customers publicly. I'm sure you never did this at HL.

1 hour ago, BigAlToby&Liam said:

@Monkeh seen the tweet? Still think the same?

People like the Ls are ******* us over all the time. Things like this, JLs tweet and evading and avoiding tax by living offshore.

But hey. We have a great stadium and stand on the brink of a game against Man Utd - another brand now priced out of the reach of genuine football supporters - and possibly the Murdoch Promised Land.

I’d swap all of that tomorrow for sitting on the crash barriers in the Enclosure not that long ago.

@Raging_Robin what do you not like about this?

Saying it’s rubbish is easy. Care to explain? 

I admit to only skimming through this thread, so, am I correct in thinking that BCFC did not allow the flag of St George to be recreated across the South Stand, for fear of upsetting the Cardiff hooligans?

Since then people think that JL has taken the pee out of our own supporters with his tweet, sporting the George cross on his face.

In the tweet, he refers the international break. I don't suppose he's showing his past and current support for the England team?

It might be innocent. And just for a change, someone has got offended and thrown their rattle out of the pram.

Having said that, I only skimmed it and could be wrong. Sorry, in advance of offending anyone. 

1 hour ago, BigAlToby&Liam said:

@Monkeh seen the tweet? Still think the same?

People like the Ls are ******* us over all the time. Things like this, JLs tweet and evading and avoiding tax by living offshore.

But hey. We have a great stadium and stand on the brink of a game against Man Utd - another brand now priced out of the reach of genuine football supporters - and possibly the Murdoch Promised Land.

I’d swap all of that tomorrow for sitting on the crash barriers in the Enclosure not that long ago.

Big Al Toby or Liam I’m not too sure what you want from your Bristol City experience if you want a club with no prospects, a crap ground, crap owners and crap pies may I humbly suggest you are following the wrong Bristol Club :thumbsup:

On 11/6/2017 at 12:43, BobBobSuperBob said:

Out of interest what did you think you were  being invited to do with it 

Oragami

Draw a cartoon ?

:whistle:

Drawn a cartoon but I didn't have a pen on me. But yeah, hold it up to make a display. No idea what the display was, no idea when to hold it up. Again, that's not my problem is it?

On 11/4/2017 at 10:34, Nibor said:

I don't think the club should have interfered but why have we got to trot out an england flag just because we're playing a side from over the bridge?  It doesn't show patriotism, it's the least funny most boring form of banter going.  

We’re English, we can fly our flag when we like and don’t be have to justify the reasons why. 

I don’t think Cardiff fans would care, but if thy do then it’s worth reminding them that they’re in the English system on sufferance.

5 minutes ago, WessexPest said:

We’re English, we can fly our flag when we like and don’t be have to justify the reasons why. 

I don’t think Cardiff fans would care, but if thy do then it’s worth reminding them that they’re in the English system on sufferance.

While I agree with the sentiment, had it been allowed and caused aggro- highly unlikely I would say but not impossible- what you say while technically right wouldn't have been a factor.

However, what would have been would have been there been trouble or even been disrupted minutes silence and the club allowed it..we would have been apportioned some blame.

Apportionment of some blame? More scrutiny from SAG, and some idiot from EFL/FA. Oh and possible higher police bill, higher 'risk' deemed.

I think the club badly misjudged this however!

3 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

While I agree with the sentiment, had it been allowed and caused aggro- highly unlikely I would say but not impossible- what you say while technically right wouldn't have been a factor.

However, what would have been would have been the teouble

Had there been aggro due to the reaction of Anglophobic cretins to English people flying their flag in their own country then that’s completely on them.

1 minute ago, WessexPest said:

Had there been aggro due to the reaction of Anglophobic cretins to English people flying their flag in their own country then that’s completely on them.

I know it is morally and ethically...

However I am pretty sure we would have been apportioned some blame for allowing it.

Not saying it's right ethically, but do you think it's impossible? I would like to say yes but...

Let's not forget as everyone else seems to that someone from the FA was at game Saturday.

How do we know they had no role in this decision?

12 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

However I am pretty sure we would have been apportioned some blame for allowing it.

Not saying it's right ethically, but do you think it's impossible? I would like to say yes but...

Let's not forget as everyone else seems to that someone from the FA was at game Saturday.

Whoever’s decision it was, it stinks to high heaven.

The FA are supposed to promote English football so it would be weird if they had a hand in it all, but given they’ve managed to eff up the English game spectacularly since time out of mind I’m willing to consider it as a possibility!

I’m just a little sensitive to this all, so weary am I of hearing people talking about us “reclaiming our flag from the racists.” “Ooh, isn’t it nice they’re reclaiming the flag from the racists.” They’re doing no such thing of course, they’re just flying their flag, but it gives those who hold England and its flag in contempt a chance to associate it with racism.

13 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

A message?

A piss-take?

A bit salty?

The thing is Jon, many of us were supporting City and England before you were born.

If this tweet is what it's widely perceived to be, it could at very least be deemed as childish and of poor taste.

If this is indeed the case, I would hope that your father and Uncle Mark have chosen to put you on the naughty step, and intend to keep you there for some time. 

ps  Out of interest, what do you actually do at our club?

My guess is exactly as your father tells you,  so this seems an odd one!

11 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I think it would have been incredibly easy to halt that line of thinking within the FA....

- "How would you look if this was picked up in the daily mail" (funny the club didn't think that),
-  "FIFA, Poppygate, don't be so hypocritical".
- "Do you have a separate non-badged kit for rememberance games... no??  f off then".

1 minute ago, 29AR said:

I think it would have been incredibly easy to halt that line of thinking within the FA....

- "How would you look if this was picked up in the daily mail" (funny the club didn't think that),
-  "FIFA, Poppygate, don't be so hypocritical".
- "Do you have a separate non-badged kit for rememberance games... no??  f off then".

So, can I take it from that you think it was purely a club decision?

For what it's worth, I think it was most likely a club decision, but can't for the life of me see why they would set out to antagonise the fans in this way..and particularly the terrible PR from pulling it at the last minute.

Incidentally, the Mail did run a story on it, so it was handled terribly all round.

15 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I think if it wasn't a club decision they'd have said by now. Very easy to blame the faceless EFL rather than Adam, Mark, Jon or even Dave Storr who we are familiar with.

15 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

For what it's worth, I think it was most likely a club decision, but can't for the life of me see why they would set out to antagonise the fans in this way..and particularly the terrible PR from pulling it at the last minute.

I think, sadly, it's because a certain member of staff was on a power trip and didn't like something happening without his total approval.

5 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I think if it wasn't a club decision they'd have said by now. Very easy to blame the faceless EFL rather than Adam, Mark, Jon or even Dave Storr who we are familiar with.

I think, sadly, it's because a certain member of staff was on a power trip and didn't like something happening without his total approval.

Probably on his CV already how he diffised a potential riot , was alert and sensetive to race tensions , etc etc bulls**t , bullsh**t and generally what a star he is ............

1 minute ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Probably on his CV already how he diffised a potential riot , was alert and sensetive to race tensions , etc etc bulls**t , bullsh**t and generally what a star he is ............

It's pretty clear from reading his small amount of forum contributions and the account of what happened last Saturday that the member of staff in question is a jobsworth with an aggressive attitude.

4 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

It's pretty clear from reading his small amount of forum contributions and the account of what happened last Saturday that the member of staff in question is a jobsworth with an aggressive attitude.

Ex West Midlands , a Police Force with one of the worst reputations in the country for lots of good reasons

What can you expect 

:shifty:

37 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Incidentally, the Mail did run a story on it, so it was handled terribly all round.

I do think it was and I do think there are some who are so naive. 

Julie confirmed it was not a police decision whilst the club tried to imply that the police had a far more active role by using very misleading language - obviously deliberately. That means I frankly do not trust what the club have to say re other parties involvement in this decision. We can't ask the EFL representative, but we can and have asked the police and it's clear the club were Machiavellian in their worded response.

I would also say it seems quite clear to me a number within the club realise this was a very stupid mistake; they wouldn't have tried to drag others in to the mire otherwise. Unfortunately it does seem that JL is a rogue in part of this who has once again shown ineptitude in understanding the fan base and dealings with.

• Admin

I notice that it has been announced that as  part of the build up to the England Vs Germany match on Friday night there will be TWO displays during the minutes silence

The East side of the ground will hold up a giant poppy......

I bet you can't guess what the West end of the ground will be holding up

Image result for england fans giant st georges flag

1 hour ago, 29AR said:

I do think it was and I do think there are some who are so naive. 

Julie confirmed it was not a police decision whilst the club tried to imply that the police had a far more active role by using very misleading language - obviously deliberately. That means I frankly do not trust what the club have to say re other parties involvement in this decision. We can't ask the EFL representative, but we can and have asked the police and it's clear the club were Machiavellian in their worded response.

I would also say it seems quite clear to me a number within the club realise this was a very stupid mistake; they wouldn't have tried to drag others in to the mire otherwise. Unfortunately it does seem that JL is a rogue in part of this who has once again shown ineptitude in understanding the fan base and dealings with.

For the avoidance of doubt, I overall consider it wholly a club decision.

4 minutes ago, phantom said:

I notice that it has been announced that as  part of the build up to the England Vs Germany match on Friday night there will be TWO displays during the minutes silence

The East side of the ground will hold up a giant poppy......

I bet you can't guess what the West end of the ground will be holding up

Image result for england fans giant st georges flag

Uh Oh. I live in London. Better batten down the hatches, dig the cricket bat out of the loft and prep for a riot.

On a serious note - how can this be deemed fine whilst the thing at AG wasn't.  Considering the opposition on Friday, greater numbers involved, and the even more acute timing, surely it would be higher up on whatever scale of "Will this annoy opposition supporters" you choose to use.

It's bloody Germany on the eve of Armistice Day.

Good to see that this ridiculous decision by the club has largely left a very bad taste in the mouth of the majority of posters and, from what I’m hearing and seeing elsewhere, the bulk of our support in general.

Hopefully the club will take this feedback to heart and think on in future.

Looking forward to seeing the CoSG display down the Gate in the very near future.

Archived