IGNORED

Wales you had fun,your manager is off to Sunderland

Never to the dark side

12 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

That's them doomed then

Absolutely, he is a total ******* bluffer.

His record as a league manager is vastly inferior to Simon Grayson and unlike Wales he won't have Gareth Bale to cover up his inadequacies, terrible appointment.

4 minutes ago, The Bard said:

The people in charge of Sunderland are clueless.  Got rid of a proven manager at this level and replaced him with a bluffer.  Their owner was talking about Grayson being sacked because he wasn't get the best out of their wonderful squad of players.... They are f---ed

I tend to agree - the only time Coleman`s had anything like success was at Fulham where he inherited a lot of good players from Tigana. He soon got found out when they all left though.

I suspect Coleman knows that Wales' run to the semi finals of Euro 16 was a fluke, carried by one man. That's evidenced by them failing to escape or even finish second in a group which was unchallenging at world level.

His stock can only go down from here. With that in mind, it's interesting to see that his stock is only as high as a basket case of a club. Prepared to be wrong, but seems that can only end badly...

I don't think some of you are being what I'm seeing.

1) He's taken Wales as far as he can, even with Bale.

2) He'll organise them well and with a little 'bounce' get the solid mid table.

3) He'll get a 3 year contract on good money and probably only have to work for 18 months of that before he is asked to leave when the next crisis looms !

24 minutes ago, Flint says No said:

Really I think it’s a very good one, he got Wales to th Euros for the first time in a long time, aswell as guiding them to a semi final.

There were 24 teams at the Euros out of 52 European sides.basically a 1 in 2 chance of qualifying.  For the world cup 13 sides out of 52 qualified.  1 in 4.  He didn't manage this and didn't really get close.  Given he had one world class player plus a couple of excellent ones, I think that is disappointing.  O'Neill's achievements have been far more impressive.

21 minutes ago, The Bard said:

There were 24 teams at the Euros out of 52 European sides.basically a 1 in 2 chance of qualifying.  For the world cup 13 sides out of 52 qualified.  1 in 4.  He didn't manage this and didn't really get close.  Given he had one world class player plus a couple of excellent ones, I think that is disappointing.  O'Neill's achievements have been far more impressive.

But O'Neill's Pissed half the time so I don't think he will get a decent job 

My Grandad (88yrs Sunderland fan) will be rolling in his grave. Since his departure in life, Sunderland had gone from Premier league to League 2 fodder the way they carry on, in a sense I'm glad my Grandad isnt alive to see it. BUT before his death, he kept telling us Sunderland was gonna go down and very down, its looking true if Sunderland keep losing.

Surprised by the harsh assessment of Coleman on here. Getting Wales to a semi-final was a massive achievement and I don't agree it was solely down to Bale. They looked far more of a cohesive team than England did despite our superior individuals. While we were losing to Iceland they were beating Belgium - who they also beat in the qualifiers. Their World Cup qualification campaign was a failure, but a narrow failure and hardly a disgrace.

Sure, his club record is no great shakes but would it kill people to give the guy a bit of credit?

1 hour ago, GrahamC said:

Absolutely, he is a total ******* bluffer.

His record as a league manager is vastly inferior to Simon Grayson and unlike Wales he won't have Gareth Bale to cover up his inadequacies, terrible appointment.

Rather than rushing to judge, surely it's about time this forum realised that prior managerial records and reputation don't guarantee anything.

McInnes - consensus in favour, good prior record, failed here.

O'Driscoll - consensus in favour, good prior record, failed here.

Cotterill - consensus against, average prior record, did great.

Lee Johnson - consensus against, mixed prior record, but secured survival, dodgy spell, now doing well.

Archived