IGNORED

Worried about the injury curse

Robbored

Djuric clearly not 100% and neither was Bryan.strictly speaking neither should have started tonight but LJ decided that it was worth the risk I guess.

i doubt either will be available for Hull on Saturday and they've  added to the already lengthy injury list. Diedhiou, Pisaro, Hegelar and GoN all out for weeks/months yet. 

I think LJs lack of options showed tonight. He took off Djuric at HT but instead of Taylor as we all thought we see Elliason. Pack for Patto was more expected.

LJ will have an anxious few days upto Friday on who will be fit and available for  the game at Hull.

its a worry......

3 minutes ago, shelts said:

We got it wrong tonight . Far too much long ball and too many passes sideways and backwards. At times it felt a little like last season . Referee weak as piss 

The referee was indeed weak as piss. He failed to deal with Preston rolling around and feigning injury. It was like they were being managed by Colin............:facepalm:

4 minutes ago, Robbored said:

The referee was indeed weak as piss. He failed to deal with Preston rolling around and feigning injury. It was like they were being managed by Colin............:facepalm:

Shame they were like that as they played some decent stuff i thought. Second goal was very well worked.

LJ's...shall we say...enthusiastic injury management seems to be a recurring theme this year.  He seems eager to get injured players back into the team but we've seen a few times that this hasn't worked out.  From memory Baker and Pisano both came back in when they probably shouldn't have.  Now Bryan is out again and Djuric is clearly not there.

Presumably they have all been passed fit to play by the medical team but it's concerning when this happens so often.

It's admirable that LJ wants the best players to be on the pitch and I admire the players for wanting to play...but it seems as thought perhaps we are prioritising short-term gains over long-term success.

Archived