IGNORED

Joey Bryan - top bloke

Dollymarie

30 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

Just seen this on twitter. 

http://www.nandtfc.com/single-post/Thank-you-Joe-Bryan

A credit to our club. Funding the guys rehab himself. Exactly the sort of thing footballers earning a hefty amount of money should do (I don’t mean that in a patronising way) and fair play to him. 

My mum loves with his dog photos online and "proper manners", a number of girls I know fancy him and the young kids round here (and me!) want to be a footballer like him. 

Us guys couldn't compete as it was, but he then goes and does stuff like this - making everyone fall in love with him even more by being a genuinely nice guy!

7 hours ago, Dollymarie said:

Just seen this on twitter. 

http://www.nandtfc.com/single-post/Thank-you-Joe-Bryan

A credit to our club. Funding the guys rehab himself. Exactly the sort of thing footballers earning a hefty amount of money should do (I don’t mean that in a patronising way) and fair play to him. 

Just out of interest why is it Exactly what they should do?

Yes he has the money and probably the connections more than most, but don’t look past the fact that it is genuinely a nice thing to do. I don’t think he was looking for publicity or recognition as such, but some footballers get bad press it’s nice to hear there are still some good guys out there. 

13 minutes ago, RedM said:

Yes he has the money and probably the connections more than most, but don’t look past the fact that it is genuinely a nice thing to do. I don’t think he was looking for publicity or recognition as such, but some footballers get bad press it’s nice to hear there are still some good guys out there. 

Yep, I wasn’t wanting for a second to turn it into any kind of debate, just as you said M, that it’s a nice thing to have done. :) 

47 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

I was meaning it from the point of view that if I had the money he has, I’d be doing similar. It’s a decent thing to do. 

it is a great thing to do and shows what a great guy he is but to word it the way you did  is a bit wrong. I know you didn't intend it in a bad way but it is up to everyone individually what they do with there money whether they earn £30 a week or £300,000 a week.

Great story that, thanks for sharing. But it doesn't surprise me one bit. He has made my sons day on a couple of occasions when meeting Elliott, always happy to chat & seems genuinely interested. One time in particular I will never forget. To cut a long story short, I left Elliotts season ticket somewhere I couldn't retrieve it from before the next game. We were at the ground when I realised, Joe came over to say hello & asked what we had been up to that day. So I told him about the season ticket being left behind etc & he gave me his number & told me to call him if I couldn't resolve things, as he would get us in. Unbelievable generosity imo, he could of so easily palmed us off with " hope it gets sorted" etc, which he would of been well within his rights to do. But that offer I will never forget. COYR 

3 hours ago, Simon79 said:

Great story that, thanks for sharing. But it doesn't surprise me one bit. He has made my sons day on a couple of occasions when meeting Elliott, always happy to chat & seems genuinely interested. One time in particular I will never forget. To cut a long story short, I left Elliotts season ticket somewhere I couldn't retrieve it from before the next game. We were at the ground when I realised, Joe came over to say hello & asked what we had been up to that day. So I told him about the season ticket being left behind etc & he gave me his number & told me to call him if I couldn't resolve things, as he would get us in. Unbelievable generosity imo, he could of so easily palmed us off with " hope it gets sorted" etc, which he would of been well within his rights to do. But that offer I will never forget. COYR 

couldnt agree more.he is a top bloke to talk to.you would never know he was a well off footballer when chatting about life in general. you can tell he was well brought up,always polite and doesnt look down on you.he once waited in tesco for me to go to the car and get a marker pen so he could then sign my shirt in the middle of the store. 

Archived