IGNORED

24 bus

Rocking Red Cyril

my route to and from the ground uses the 24 Southmead hospital to Bower Ashton bus. Now whereas I do appreciate after a game the traffic slows things up pretty bad. why can the bus company not put on a number of extra buses to deal the people who want to use this service immediately after a game? Also although generally before a game the scheduled service roster deals with a required passenger at times buses are excessively packed so why not have provision for extra buses. Now I realize this is a thing for fist bus to deal with but is there not someone at the club who could prod fist bus into action. I mean it is money to be made for the first bus. people off streets quicker and just common bloody sense in my head

end of winge for the day

The reason half pint bus's are used

is where the bus goes under the railway bridge

just beyond the robins.

Nothing stopping them using big bus's to and from outside the Robins pub before and after the game

May I suggest walking up towards Parson street  and getting the 75 AND 76 big bus's into the town area

Bus stop outside the free lions

11 minutes ago, Rocking Red Cyril said:

my route to and from the ground uses the 24 Southmead hospital to Bower Ashton bus. Now whereas I do appreciate after a game the traffic slows things up pretty bad. why can the bus company not put on a number of extra buses to deal the people who want to use this service immediately after a game? Also although generally before a game the scheduled service roster deals with a required passenger at times buses are excessively packed so why not have provision for extra buses. Now I realize this is a thing for fist bus to deal with but is there not someone at the club who could prod fist bus into action. I mean it is money to be made for the first bus. people off streets quicker and just common bloody sense in my head

end of winge for the day

Oh if only this was their name.

11 minutes ago, Never to the dark side said:

just beyond the robins.

Nothing stopping them using big bus's to and from outside the Robins pub before and after the game

May I suggest walking up towards Parson street  and getting the 75 AND 76 big bus's into the town area

yes I know there the bridge therefore need halp half pint buses but I saying put extra buses on . more half pinters required !!!!!!!!!!!

8 minutes ago, Pezo said:

What makes you think the club dont contact them and they tell the club that they dont have any more busses or bus drivers?

yes I would hope this is happening and I am aware the bus company is short of drivers and buses as well I think so there is work for the great unwashed

onwards and upwards

46 minutes ago, Never to the dark side said:

just beyond the robins.

Or walk up to the roundabout by Ashton Park School and get one of the buses from Weston / Nailsea / Clevedon to the bus station. Journey time is only about 9 minutes.

6 minutes ago, phantom said:

Trains are exactly the same @Rocking Red Cyril was something I would have hoped to have been sorted by now. The big shame is if we had moved to Ashton Vale improving the transport to and from the ground was one of the things the club had to improve

are discussions still not going on discussing rail link at the ground itself?

1 minute ago, Roger Red Hat said:

Tried the 505 CT bus to Southmead hospital?

1 minute ago, Roger Red Hat said:

Tried the 505 CT bus to Southmead hospital?

not heard of ee. oh yes I have but got to get to Southmead hospital on 24 which is going the wrong way to the ground seems backwards to me 

• Admin
2 minutes ago, Rocking Red Cyril said:

has there not been or is there not due a meeting about it? so I take it someone thinks it still a possibility. 

For the line to Portishead to be re-opened but we only have to look at the station at The Ricoh arena to see how it will all end

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2015/aug/25/coventry-city-ricoh-arena-train-station-open-football-fans-wasps

2 minutes ago, Rocking Red Cyril said:

not heard of ee. oh yes I have but got to get to Southmead hospital on 24 which is going the wrong way to the ground seems backwards to me 

I'm afraid I don't understand your comment, I've only got a little brain. 

505 goes forwards. Bower Ashton, Hotwells, Clifton, Coldharbour Rd, Southmead Hospital.

Rumours are rife that they intend to raise the bridge up by the Robins so double decks can be used. However, I believe they are waiting for Metrobus to begin to see if passenger numbers on the 24 drop. 

There is also a huge lack of drivers atm, mainly down to working terms being changed (e.g. Sundays are now a required working day but used to be paid as overtime). Agency drivers are taking the strain but I know for a fact that they are re-training shunter drivers (drivers only allowed to drive buses around the depot) to have full PCVs. 

3 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

Rumours are rife that they intend to raise the bridge up by the Robins so double decks can be used. However, I believe they are waiting for Metrobus to begin to see if passenger numbers on the 24 drop. 

There is also a huge lack of drivers atm, mainly down to working terms being changed (e.g. Sundays are now a required working day but used to be paid as overtime). Agency drivers are taking the strain but I know for a fact that they are re-training shunter drivers (drivers only allowed to drive buses around the depot) to have full PCVs. 

ok ok that mak s a lot of sense except what uses is the metro bus it does go where the 24 does. 

41 minutes ago, Roger Red Hat said:

I'm afraid I don't understand your comment, I've only got a little brain. 

505 goes forwards. Bower Ashton, Hotwells, Clifton, Coldharbour Rd, Southmead Hospital.

as live off Filton avenue I have to get 24 to Southmead hospitals to get the 505 ct. which means I set off going away from Ashton Gate

7 minutes ago, Rocking Red Cyril said:

as live off Filton avenue I have to get 24 to Southmead hospitals to get the 505 ct. which means I set off going away from Ashton Gate

I thought your issue was with getting away after the game. If I remember correctly the 505 travels all the way along Kellaway Ave after Coldharbour Rd, so depending on where you live on Filton Ave, it may be a reasonable walk?

4 minutes ago, Roger Red Hat said:

I thought your issue was with getting away after the game. If I remember correctly the 505 travels all the way along Kellaway Ave after Coldharbour Rd, so depending on where you live on Filton Ave, it may be a reasonable walk?

no wrong end of Filton avenue from me nearr nearer the old Fellowship Inn Filton Avenue

I get the 505 -  ideal if you are coming from Henleaze, Westbury Park.

Its OK on Saturdays if a bit unreliable but mid week is useless now they have changed the time table as you have to wait to 10.30pm to get one home - lovely in the current weather ...........................

Archived