IGNORED

Matchday parking

bengalcub

So parking around Ashton Gate . After parking completely legally I have returned to my car to a police ticket ? I have taken photos to prove my innocence but was wondering will the club help in any way as I can’t be alone in the fact the police have no idea  ? After all your not allowed to double park but it happens on every road 09ABEEED-8264-4E92-B8C6-41071934DEF0.thumb.jpeg.87f4546d8cd73366dcdcfd5429c195c1.jpeg

3 minutes ago, bengalcub said:

A fire engine can clearly get round no problem , my point is parked by laws have to be adhered too not pick and choose surely ? Will anyone at the club help ....

The ticket and law is for a number of reasons - blocking / reducing vision for drivers at the junction and resultant enhanced danger / chance of an accident , a primary one

(I'm not judging what you did , we've all taken a chance here and ther - just pointing out the law and why)

Fully accepted however all other vehicles in front and behind are doing the exact same thing ? Every road around Ashton Gate is double parked ? So if the law is the law administer it don’t pick and choose on a whim !!! So will anyone at the club help me and therefor help others after all I feel the policeman has failed his duty by not ticketing every vehicle within the same vecininty of mine ....

8 minutes ago, bengalcub said:

Fully accepted however all other vehicles in front and behind are doing the exact same thing ? Every road around Ashton Gate is double parked ? So if the law is the law administer it don’t pick and choose on a whim !!! So will anyone at the club help me and therefor help others after all I feel the policeman has failed his duty by not ticketing every vehicle within the same vecininty of mine ....

Fully understandable  view mate

But absolutely zilch value as a defence unfortunately

Been there .... :laugh:

For a start , playing devils advocate, how can you say or prove other cars were there when you were ticketed .....

but understand your anger

How you think that is perfectly safe and legal parking is beyond me. It doesn’t matter if everyone does it and gets away with it, you parked illegally and got caught. End of. Pay the fine and park in a more suitable location next time.

the club won’t help someone who has broken the law. 

I have pics of all the unticketed cars , I obviously don’t want fellow reds to be ticketed I just want the police to do there job properly not pick and choose what they do it’s embarrasing, Ashton park if the ten metre law is a law why don’t the council paint two yellow lines on every corner of every road ? That’s right the police wouldn’t boost there coughers then would they ..... 

Just now, bengalcub said:

I have pics of all the unticketed cars , I obviously don’t want fellow reds to be ticketed I just want the police to do there job properly not pick and choose what they do it’s embarrasing, Ashton park if the ten metre law is a law why don’t the council paint two yellow lines on every corner of every road ? That’s right the police wouldn’t boost there coughers then would they ..... 

Because it's the law and as a driving license holder you should know?

1 hour ago, bengalcub said:

So parking around Ashton Gate . After parking completely legally I have returned to my car to a police ticket ? I have taken photos to prove my innocence but was wondering will the club help in any way as I can’t be alone in the fact the police have no idea  ? After all your not allowed to double park but it happens on every road 09ABEEED-8264-4E92-B8C6-41071934DEF0.thumb.jpeg.87f4546d8cd73366dcdcfd5429c195c1.jpeg

You parked illegally (as the Highway Code stands), the council don’t need to back it up with double yellow lines as it’s common knowledge.

Was it the police who enforced this or a traffic warden (not that it makes any difference) but if it was the police maybe they had more pressing issues to deal with & that’s why others weren’t ticketed?

The club are very unlikely to get involved because you were in the wrong & it has nothing to do with them & it wasn’t on the clubs land & it’s not like you’re unlikely to go again because of this, if anything, you will be more careful where you park in future.

And as for others not getting ticketed, that’s just the luck of the draw I guess, if you had turned up & found someone else had been ticketed but you hadn’t, would you of offered your details forward so you could also get a ticket for doing wrong? Of course not, you would of got away as quick as possible in the hope that you got away with it! Unfortunately stuff like this happens the same as one person can get pulled for speeding while the next car doesn’t, it’s just life & unfortunately you have to accept that you did wrong & accept the consequences & learn from it.

Honestly what is your problem here? People haven’t got done, you have.

people speed, some get caught some don’t. are you going to stand there with a speed gun writing down everyone’s number plate? 

It honestly sounds like you need to read the Highway Code and refresh yourself on what you can, and can’t do in your car. 

The council shouldn’t need to waste £10000s painting double yellow lines as people are incapable of knowing what they can and can’t do in their own car. 

36 minutes ago, bengalcub said:

Yesterday wasn't an all ticket event.

1 hour ago, bengalcub said:

They should be up Wellington hill when sags are at home,parking on bends, parking close to junctions,on corners,I think enforcement agents (council) are gasheads, 

Personally have more of a problem with inconsiderate drivers ignoring 'rules of the road' and parking here there and everywhere all over town. Junction parking is particularly hazardous to others as is the prevalence of two wheels on the pavement parking everywhere (forcing the disabled and parents with kids in buggies etc to take life into their own hands by walking babes and toddlers in middle of the road etc) ... Equally morons on bicycles who seem to think drivers and pedestrians have night-vision eyes and therefore they dont need lights on their bikes... 

The widespread ignoring of junction parking (by drivers and enforcement officers) is really an issue that needs dealing with.. you aren't the only offender but I'm afraid your 'ticket' is well deserved and justified, just wish these kind of inconsiderate offences were more vigorously targeted and dealt with by the authorities - making life better and safer for all.

All the above applies generally everywhere, not just on matchdays or near events. 

Problem is too many vehicles and too little adequate (and reasonably priced) parking, too many cars per household etc and woefully inadequate roads that can't cope with the sheer volume of need... very frustrating for all ... answer? :dunno: I dunno, but more enforcement of regulations of clearly dangerous and inconsiderate parking, more awareness of these once commonly known and adhered to rules would help no end... 

Unlucky @bengalcub but hopefully lesson learned, maybe your experience will help in making others more aware too... pay up, don't do it again.. bigger and better Park & Rides and buses would help loads too.. try one of those for a more stressfree experience perhaps?

(councils, businesses, hospitals etc & CLUBS including ours with parking spaces also deserve a slap for shamefully cashing in on the 'supply & demand ' parking scenario's ... no excuse for OTT charges.. whatever happened to business with a smile and a bit of non profit 'customer care & service' now and again where possible? )  

2 hours ago, bengalcub said:

Why should or would the club help you?

Grown man sort it out yourself .

Seems like you were parked ok so you will easily contest ticket.

2 hours ago, bengalcub said:

You have a good camera to show it all in daylight? Or were you expecting a ticket and took the picture before going to the game? :whistle:

3 minutes ago, Spoons said:

Why should or would the club help you?

Grown man sort it out yourself .

Seems like  **you were parked ok **  so you will easily contest ticket.

** really ? 

Think you'll find he's 'up the junction' on this one tbh ... awful parking and dangerous too.

(ticketed and rightly so IMO .. pity more inconsiderate sods didn't get tickets if parked hazardously, just cos others do it and get away with it, tough, two wrongs (or more) don't make a right.)

27 minutes ago, redmycolour said:

They should be up Wellington hill when sags are at home,parking on bends, parking close to junctions,on corners,I think enforcement agents (council) are gasheads, 

Should be everywhere where inconsiderate (and dangerous to others) sods choose to flaunt road safety  .. regardless of club, pub, shop etc supported . 

I get it I’ll pay it no problem, my point is if that’s “illegal parking “ what are the club , residents , police , council going to do about all the double parking ? Bugger all. It’s a joke my point is more aimed at the club taking some responsibility for there fans parking and take some action rather than milking the tit when we’re in the gate , then again this is city 0% focus on fans and anything not related to making more money for bs .....

Archived