IGNORED

Team for Manchester

ollywhyte

So, by my reckoning we only have 17 first teamers available for selection?

Fielding
Steele
Vyner
Wright
Flint
Baker
Magnússon
Kelly
Bryan
Elliason
Pack
Smith
Brownhill
Bakinson
Taylor
Paterson
Reid

Out or injured:

Djuric - operation today (or am I imagining things...)
Lucic
Pisano
O'Dowda
Hegeler
O'Neil
Leko - cup tied
Woodrow - cup tied
Diedhiou

So unless I've got it wrong who will be the 18th man? Plavotic, Holden, Garita?

For me I would go with:

Fielding
Wright Flint Baker Magnússon
Brownhill Smith Pack Bryan
Paterson
Reid

Steele for Frankie, Taylor for Pato - other than that, as Saturday.

Still don’t think JP is fully right for two games in a week. It’s likely we’ll have less possession than normal and have to chase - MT will do that as don’t really want JP burning himself out doing so and being spent on 70 minutes/out for QPR

Steele is up to speak to the Media today along with Brownhill, Flint & and of course LJ. 

I presume I'm right In thinking we wouldn't send a player to a pre match presser of a game of this size if he's not starting especially not a keeper. 

As what would be the point in Steele going in front of the media to say how excited he is for the game for Fielding to start instead. 

Well this is our line up from this afternoons U23 game with Crystal Palace:

Bristol City: Sesay; Turner-Williams, Ali, Morton, Parsons, Spark, Akpobire, Richards, Semenyo, Andrews, Holden

No Plavotic or Garita involved so expect one of those will be given a spot in the squad.

We seem quite flexible at the back with Wright, Flint, Baker, Magnússon, Bryan, Vyner and Kelly all fit so expect it could be Garita to fill the void on the bench. Could have a new hero...

On 09/12/2017 at 01:29, JamesBCFC said:

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/teams/first-team-squad/

We have 32 listed here.

Of them 4 are on loan at other clubs (Golbourne, Moore, Morrell, Hinds).

7 more are injured (Pisano, Smith, Diedhiou, O'Dowda, Djuric, O'Neil, Hegeler).

Engvall is ineligible until January.

That means we have 18 members of the senior squad (appearances in the league ignored, this is how the club has classed them on the website.)

Goalkeepers

Fielding, Steele, O'Leary, Lucic

Defenders

Bryan, Flint, Wright, Baker, Magnússon, Kelly, Vyner

Midfielders

Brownhill, Eliasson, Paterson, Pack, Bakinson, Leko

Forwards

Taylor, Reid, Woodrow

20 players (21 until the date of Djuric's operation).

Only 2 players more than a full subs bench.

Here's our list of players who are fit and classed as "first team" by the OS.

Leko and Woodrow are cuptied, so we have 18 plus the development squad.

Lucic was injured as well, but not sure if he's back yet.

18 minutes ago, ollywhyte said:

Well this is our line up from this afternoons U23 game with Crystal Palace:

Bristol City: Sesay; Turner-Williams, Ali, Morton, Parsons, Spark, Akpobire, Richards, Semenyo, Andrews, Holden

No Plavotic or Garita involved so expect one of those will be given a spot in the squad.

We seem quite flexible at the back with Wright, Flint, Baker, Magnússon, Bryan, Vyner and Kelly all fit so expect it could be Garita to fill the void on the bench. Could have a new hero...

90+3 minutes, Bristol City are 0-0 with Man Utd.

Ball floated into the box from Eliasson corner, Flint heads it, it hits Jones and falls to Garita who smashes the ball in from 2 yards out. 

ABSOLUTE SCENES.

7 minutes ago, Selred said:

Ball floated into the box from Eliasson corner, Flint heads it, it hits Jones and falls to Garita who smashes the ball in from 2 yards out. 

ABSOLUTE SCENES.

...and he jumps into what will be named the Arnoold Garita South Stand to celebrate with the fans.

10 minutes ago, Selred said:

ABSOLUTE SCENES.

3 minutes ago, Coppello said:

...and he jumps into what will be named the Arnoold Garita South Stand to celebrate with the fans.

Goal in front of the Atyeo please.

He can still jump into the South Stand to celebrate with fans though.

2 hours ago, Cider-Head23 said:

Steele is up to speak to the Media today along with Brownhill, Flint & and of course LJ. 

I presume I'm right In thinking we wouldn't send a player to a pre match presser of a game of this size if he's not starting especially not a keeper. 

As what would be the point in Steele going in front of the media to say how excited he is for the game for Fielding to start instead. 

I follow your logic but it wouldn't be the first time that this has happened so we can't read too much into it .

Maybe LJ is playing mind games with Josie ! 

:yes:

1 hour ago, KingLear said:

Sorry but Magnússon left back against potentially Valencia and/or Martial is terrifying.

I think it may he Mkitaryhian(spelling wrong I am sure. That said he plays LB for Iceland and by all accounts shut Ivan Perisic down in their last match against Croatia. I don’t really doubt his ability to defend espcially on the floor. It is his lack of strength which hurts him. This is less of a problem at LB. 

1 hour ago, Selred said:

ABSOLUTE SCENES.

You know I can actually picture this happening. Shame half the Dolman will miss it.

6 minutes ago, Squeak said:

If Garita scores the winner I will personally build a life size statue of him out of the finest marble.

That will be some amount of marble!

Think it will be Steele plus the outfield 10 v Forest.

Frankie, Vyner, Kelly, Bakinson, Eliasson, Taylor & big Arnie on the bench..

Archived