IGNORED

Team for Manchester

ollywhyte

8 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

I think it may he Mkitaryhian(spelling wrong I am sure. That said he plays LB for Iceland and by all accounts shut Ivan Perisic down in their last match against Croatia. I don’t really doubt his ability to defend espcially on the floor. It is his lack of strength which hurts him. This is less of a problem at LB. 

Well personally I think Downing had the beating of him against Middlesbrough, which i'm surprised they didn't exploit more. 

Nothing personal against the guy, he just doesn't fill me with confidence and seems as though there is always a mistake in him.

1 hour ago, BRISTOL86 said:

It’ll certainly be Steele in goal if he’s doing the presser. Think Taylor may get a start and Pato on the bench. 

Ex-Man Utd too.

1 hour ago, Coppello said:

It's a shame that Djuric's operation was booked for today. It would've been worthwhile holding out for a couple of days as I imagine he would have been a very good plan B for this game and we would've terrorised them from set pieces. 

Speaking from experience of groin injuries, I can only imagine he’s taken his injury as far as possible and now is at the stage where he can’t manage any minutes, plus do some damage on Wednesday, and his op may get postponed.

6 minutes ago, KingLear said:

Well personally I think Downing had the beating of him against Middlesbrough, which i'm surprised they didn't exploit more. 

Nothing personal against the guy, he just doesn't fill me with confidence and seems as though there is always a mistake in him.

Yes but at the same time dealt with a good young player in Tyler Walker on Saturday. My only point is that he is a starter for a World Cup squad and can hold his own against anyone. He may get beat from time to time but most fullbacks do

14 minutes ago, marmite said:

You know I can actually picture this happening. Shame half the Dolman will miss it.

I'm curious - what do early leavers do for cup games when you're losing by a single goal with 3 minutes left? 

Does their desperation to leave and get back to their amazing lives a bit quicker get the better of them and they go, risking missing 30 more minutes of football plus penalties? 

Or do they make an exception and stay in their seats? 

Or do they perhaps go for the classic exit-loiter, hedging their bets whilst ruining the view of everyone around them?

In fairness some do have genuine reasons for leaving early. Work, buses, family commitments etc. But they don't need to spoil the view for those who want to see the whole match. They should be made to sit down while the match is in progress like the rest of us who abide  by all seater stadium regulations.!!

2 hours ago, JoeAman08 said:

Yes but at the same time dealt with a good young player in Tyler Walker on Saturday. My only point is that he is a starter for a World Cup squad and can hold his own against anyone. He may get beat from time to time but most fullbacks do

Yeah fair to say he's going to have good games and not so good games, he is young after all but a really good prospect. 

I think, personally, if we had a fully fit squad Bryan would be left back for this game without a doubt with the strength of Manchester's attack. Needs must with our current injury list so can certainly see Magnússon starting.

Hopefully those long throws will give them something to think about.

On 18/12/2017 at 18:35, Neo said:

Steele

Wright - Flint - Baker - Bryan

Brownhill - Smith - Pack - Paterson

Reid - Taylor

Subs: Fielding,Mags,Vyner,Kelly,Eliasson,Bakinson,Garita.

With Djuric instead of Garita I would have been more confident :whistle: , but obviously the player's health is more important...

On Mon Dec 18 2017 at 22:26, cityexile said:

Their debate on the same topic.

http://www.redcafe.net/matches/bristol-city-vs-manchester-united.202/discussion?page=2#post-21866713

Will not be the only trophy they lose to 'City' this year...

Wow. Got to say that they seem a very down to earth bunch on there. No patronising or condescending comments, and they are very wary of the threat we may cause. Fair play.

Archived