IGNORED

Joe Bryan

MC RISK77

8 hours ago, CiderHider said:

I think he best interception and tackle was against Lukaku, but the puntits totally missed . Incredible performance. 

I think that MAY have single handedly changed the game. Lukaku was through, and 9/10 times that gets buried in the bottom corner.

I am still in shock now, still buzzing. The longer the game went on, the more we believed we could do it. You could just see the belief grow amongst the players.

Joe's turned into a hell of a fullback. On that performance though, he's one hell of a winger!!

8 hours ago, MC RISK77 said:

No surprise...no more than 7 months ago most on here thought he was pony and not cut out for championship football

Got scoffed and laughed at on ere for suggesting he could play FAR higher.

Baff level.

Can't shoot.

Can't cross.

Lazy.

Bad attitude.

It was all on here from those whose sight really was hidden by their arses.

Joe will be better than Newman and he did more than ok.

3 minutes ago, nebristolred said:

Is it too extreme to suggest that should we get promoted, he could be a potential for an England cap in the next few years? I don't want to sound deluded but he is different class.

Not at all.

If we were promoted or Bryan moved to a Prem club (even a mid-lower one) then the form he is in right now would absolutely have him in contention for a squad place.

Bristol City academy coaches are effusive in their praise of Joe Bryan. The modern game is about technique. Joe Bryan is technically superb and has to play on a larger stage. He is the epitome of what the BCFC academy is about, and hopefully the first of many players through the academy who clearly display what all this dna talk is.

For those who do not get it, there is a team in blue and white with players whose first touch is like a trampoline not far away who also think the game is just about putting a shift in. 

Not being pedantic but it was Rashford not Lukaku.

Joe is superb 80% of the time, the other 20% he lacks concentration or is caught out of position or does not sprint back ala Sheff Utd goal. I believe Jamie Mac has taught him a lot and another half season will round him off nicely in to a very top left back or left wing back which is his better position. Currently he is the best left sided player in any of left back, left wing back, left midfield in the club without doubt.

Getting better and better....and better. 

The only thing that worries me is that we can band around fees like "got to be £20m plus" or whatever, but if a club comes in and wants to pay him £50k a week, then suddenly the transfer fee becomes slightly less material, as if Joe wants to go, you wouldn’t want the club to hold him to ransom.

Personally I think he’ll see this season out, and then we have an anxious summer.

56 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

The only thing that worries me is that we can band around fees like "got to be £20m plus" or whatever, but if a club comes in and wants to pay him £50k a week, then suddenly the transfer fee becomes slightly less material, as if Joe wants to go, you wouldn’t want the club to hold him to ransom.

Personally I think he’ll see this season out, and then we have an anxious summer.

Genuinely think (Unless we go up) he will be gone in summer mate :(

Excert from todays Telegraph:

On 51 minutes the industrious Bryan galloped down the left of the United defence, running on to Marlon Pack’s shrewd forward pass.

He hit the ball first time, unleashing a screamer of a shot beyond Romero.

The new stands were vibrating with a chant celebrating the local academy graduate: “Joe Bryan, he’s one of our own.”

4 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Alternatively he could become a record breaker at the club he supports.

Already 1/3 of the way to Careys total and only 24.

Archived