Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Sign in to follow this  
glynriley

Garry Monk Gone

10 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Blimey

Gibson doesn't normally pull the trigger quickly either

You're right but he obviously thought spending £40 odd million in the Summer would buy him promotion!

*If it's true

Edited by RaspberryRed

4 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Colin Murray just confirmed it on Ch5 

I thought you were predicting the future as I didn't think it was on till 11!! Bit of channel surfing and find 5Spike!

Everyday's a school Day

• Like 1

I don't particularly rate Garry Monk but...

- they won today and are three points off the playoffs

- they have a squad which is full of massively over expensive players that he didn't sign

- their fans have completely unrealistic expectations 

I'd bet they will end up lower down the league as a result of this.

2 minutes ago, Hampshire reds said:

There must be more to this. Just won at  shed Wed and just outside the play off places. Also a owner that sticks by his man. Seems a odd decision.

I get the feeling Monk is an odd character. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Vincent Vega said:

I get the feeling Monk is an odd character. 

Allegedly in Huw Jenkins ear when Sousa and Laudrup were managing at Swansea

7 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Allegedly in Huw Jenkins ear when Sousa and Laudrup were managing at Swansea

Yeah I read that, sort of confirmed my long term suspicion. 

WHAT? 3 points of the playoffs, and its Gibson. Weird one. Can only assume theres something going on that we haven't seen.

3 minutes ago, ColeCiderRed said:

sags will be saying he'd go a job at the mem. bet you! give it an hour on slag chat!

They already have a MONKey in charge......

there must be more to this than meets the eye. Steve Gibson isn't a hire and fire type of bloke. I can only think Mr Monk has been caught doing something or being somewhere that would dirty the clubs reputation. It is Christmas time, and a lot of very silly things happen around the festive season that wouldn't happen at any other time of year

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sweeneys Penalties said:

there must be more to this than meets the eye. Steve Gibson isn't a hire and fire type of bloke. I can only think Mr Monk has been caught doing something or being somewhere that would dirty the clubs reputation. It is Christmas time, and a lot of very silly things happen around the festive season that wouldn't happen at any other time of year

Nah. More then likely has someone else lined up.

Wheres Karanka these days? Wouldnt be suprised to see him back there

• Like 1

Judging by this I think we can safely say he was somewhat surprised himself.

"That was our best away performance of the season and I thought it was a thoroughly deserved win.

"They are a good team with some quality players, but overall we dealt with their moments pretty well.

"We have to build on this and use it as a springboard. There are more things to work on and improve."

2 hours ago, Sweeneys Penalties said:

Perhaps he was caught with a 

" Ho, ho, ho ". ? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

It is a strange one, on one of their sites there are claims that he is off back to Swansea - don't see that myself.

There is also growing concern that Pulis is the man coming in!

The timing is very odd given the number of games coming up, there must be something more to this.

My guess is it comes down to an arrogant assumption relegated clubs should be smashing the Championship and Gibson wanting to act whilst Pulis is still available.

If he gets it then Boro will join Cardiff in my list of clubs I am desperate for us to finish above...

• Like 2

According to SSN, Monk had held talks with the club hierarchy in midweek to discuss January transfer targets (seems a bit short sighted to me) & Monk was shocked to of got sacked after returning home after the game against Wednesday.

Apparently Monk was sacked because Gibson had concerns about the clubs style of play!! But they are in talks with Tiny Penis!! Now correct me if I’m wrong but I thought Gibson was rated as one of the better club owners but surely he’s completely lost the plot if he’s sacking someone for concerns over playing style but then even considering Tiny Penis, his footballing style can only be described as on a par with watching rigor mortis set in on a dead person!! It’s enough to make a person wish it was them that had rigor mortis setting in on them!! The mind really does boggle.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

Judging by this I think we can safely say he was somewhat surprised himself.

"That was our best away performance of the season and I thought it was a thoroughly deserved win.

"They are a good team with some quality players, but overall we dealt with their moments pretty well.

"We have to build on this and use it as a springboard. There are more things to work on and improve."

His CV as it turned out.

• Like 1

Well that explains a monks sudden departure

Next one was lined up

Tiny Penis appointed Boro Manager

Edited by BobBobSuperBob
  • Haha 1